Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

3 games are on SKY

Man C, Liverpool, and Newcastle.

I hope the Newcastle one is 5.30 as if not will totally balls up my beano up there.

Boooo!

(saying that, not a boo if we spend the money on the team)

[quote user="pete_norw"]

Whts the betting, they put our last match on as well

[/quote]

Isn''t our last game Villa at home? Unless they slump badly and could still go down I doubt Sky will be interested. Although it''s possible we could still be in with a chance of fourth place [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

Isn''t our last game Villa at home? Unless they slump badly and could still go down I doubt Sky will be interested. Although it''s possible we could still be in with a chance of fourth place [;)]

[/quote]

The last game certainly can''t be moved. They all have to kick off at the same time. But do Sky pick one of the games anyway and hope it''s relevant, or do they switch from ground to ground depending on what looks the most interesting game, or not show anything?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The last game certainly can''t be moved. They all have to kick off at the same time. But do Sky pick one of the games anyway and hope it''s relevant, or do they switch from ground to ground depending on what looks the most interesting game, or not show anything?

[/quote]They show a few of the games with one or two on the red button. Last season it was Man Utd vs Blackpool, Tottenham vs Birmingham and Wolves vs Blackburn.

Gutted! London to Newcastle is going to be tricky on a Sunday...not even "Wonder Matt of" the cap canaries can get an affordable ticket. hey Matt? :0)

oh life in the prem is hard sometimes!

When it was reported that our games were being moved to sky when we were in the champ, we tended to be told what it was worth to a club. As I recall it was quarter of a mil for a home game and about 60k for away.

Does anyone know what the figures are in the Prem? Assuming they might be close to double those amounts, all these games are going to be worth a very tidy sum to us.

[quote user="a1canary"]When it was reported that our games were being moved to sky when we were in the champ, we tended to be told what it was worth to a club. As I recall it was quarter of a mil for a home game and about 60k for away.

Does anyone know what the figures are in the Prem? Assuming they might be close to double those amounts, all these games are going to be worth a very tidy sum to us.[/quote]I seem to remember reading somewhere that every Premier League club gets a flat £5 million for up to ten games. Any matches over that and a club gets paid per match, presumably £500,000. I think that goes to both clubs so Sky are shelling out £1 million in total for each match.Expensive business football......

[quote user="Herman "]

Our Sky/ESPN  record this season,it''s not too good.

W1      D2      L4.

[/quote]Apart from West Brom all the games that lost or drawn were against the top 6 so it''s not too bad.