Sign in to follow this  
wardyncfc

Dissertation Help

Hello Guys,

I would really appreciate it if you would help out a fellow Norwich fan and spend a couple of minutes filling out this survey for my dissertation. All answers are confidential and it would be a massive help!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZBXV7P7

I am studying Journalism, so one day I may become one of those ''w@nkers'' :p haha!

Thank you once again for all your help and I will try to leave writing it up too late!

Some of them are alright, but a lot of the stuff in the papers is just rubbish. Made up rumours and allegations, and what really annoys me, is how the media as a whole really big up England''s chances at big tournaments, then publish stories about footballers private lives, which we don''t need to know about, and ruin moral and ruin what little chance England actually have. And then there is all the mistakes, which just shouldn''t be present, if your going to write something thats being published either in print or online, you would have thought they would spend a little time checking their facts...

Anyway, as long as you don''t do any of the above you''ll be fine :)

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Some of them are alright, but a lot of the stuff in the papers is just rubbish. Made up rumours and allegations, and what really annoys me, is how the media as a whole really big up England''s chances at big tournaments, then publish stories about footballers private lives, which we don''t need to know about, and ruin moral and ruin what little chance England actually have. And then there is all the mistakes, which just shouldn''t be present, if your going to write something thats being published either in print or online, you would have thought they would spend a little time checking their facts...

Anyway, as long as you don''t do any of the above you''ll be fine :)[/quote]Spitting Image had the gutter journos down to a tee, when the portrayed them as pigs. Set those lot aside I genuinely believe the rest do try and do a good job for the sake of the sport, and not sensationalist BS.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Some of them are alright, but a lot of the stuff in the papers is just rubbish. Made up rumours and allegations, and what really annoys me, is how the media as a whole really big up England''s chances at big tournaments, then publish stories about footballers private lives, which we don''t need to know about, and ruin moral and ruin what little chance England actually have. And then there is all the mistakes, which just shouldn''t be present, if your going to write something thats being published either in print or online, you would have thought they would spend a little time checking their facts... Anyway, as long as you don''t do any of the above you''ll be fine :)[/quote]

If people didn''t read it they wouldn''t write it - the Gossip page on the BBC website is the most read page on the entire BBC Sport Website.

It''s not sports jurnos'' job to help England win a tournament, if players could keep it in their pants there wouldn''t be any scandals to report on.

As for the mistakes, it is beacuse most writers have about 5 mins post game to finish their report and send it to the paper, it will then be published almost instantly. Are the mistakes really that bad? Getting a players first name wrong sometimes, or mixing a couple of things up. Nothing that is earth shattering, and ususally found and edited out a few hours after publication. Most sub-editors are experts in football, and are looking for spell/gammar mistakes - and when you consider you are reading those match reports online for free...

Done, But I''m a little bit confused as to how do you fill out a form, I can fill in but not fill out, ? Maybe its because I''m British and not an American