Sign in to follow this  
L4cole

Leon McKenzie jailed for six months.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I also feel sorry for him, as it looked like he had turned the corner.  Unfortunately for Leon ''perverting the course of justice'' is a serious offence, and he didn''t do it just once but SIX times.  I appreciate that depression is a horrible thing, and I for one hope I never have to go through it (a friend of mine suffered from it when he was extremely young) but imagine the message this would send to criminals if Leon had not been sent to prison.
[/quote]

I think there is a bit of difference, Leon is not a criminal, he committed road traffic offences, and I truly believe he could have been given a suspended or community service. or even probation, he should be moved to an open prison in a few days probably Derby, having said that, if depression clicks in again he could walk away and put himself in more trouble, either way he needs to be under supervision .

[/quote]

He isn''t going to jail for the road traffic offences. He is going to jail for what was clearly a thought-out attempt to avoid being done for road traffic offences. That is quite a serious criminal offence.

Well diddums there, Leon [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]This thread and all the bleeding heart liberals within are a lot of what''s wrong with society today.You very people are the types who would let a serial killer off because he''s got bipolar.

[quote user="Shyster"]Well diddums there, Leon [img]http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-4.gif[/img]

This thread and all the bleeding heart liberals within are a lot of what''s wrong with society today.

You very people are the types who would let a serial killer off because he''s got bipolar.

[/quote]

And so says Mr Perfect. hope you or your family don''t get hit with Depression, I''ll laugh mt nuts off 

Seems like you can threaten to destroy democracy as an illegal immigrant in this country yet live comfortably on state benefits... yet try to fiddle a piffling driving offence and you''re scum.No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]Seems like you can threaten to destroy democracy as an illegal immigrant in this country yet live comfortably on state benefits... yet try to fiddle a piffling driving offence and you''re scum.No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.[/quote]Quite right. "Natural" British citizens should be free to pervert the course of justice whenever they feel like it, particularly if they''re a bit depressed on several separate occasions.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]Seems like you can threaten to destroy democracy as an illegal immigrant in this country yet live comfortably on state benefits... yet try to fiddle a piffling driving offence and you''re scum.No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.[/quote]Quite right. "Natural" British citizens should be free to pervert the course of justice whenever they feel like it, particularly if they''re a bit depressed on several separate occasions.[/quote]Fine with me..... 

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]He was depressed; but now he''s got the Folsom Prison Blues![/quote]

Funny how easy it is to mock the inflicted.

[quote user="Alan BowCLUCK"]

Seems like you can threaten to destroy democracy as an illegal immigrant in this country yet live comfortably on state benefits... yet try to fiddle a piffling driving offence and you''re scum.

No wonder the rest of the world laughs at us.
[/quote]

Huzzah! Huzzah!

Sympathise with him for his illness. Funny how the powers that be will pick and mix their decisions over who to prosecute and when. Maybe it depends on how famous you are and how rich you are. Then again some ordinary people get away with it too. There is too much ambiguity in this country.

[quote user="missing warden"]Sympathise with him for his illness.

Funny how the powers that be will pick and mix their decisions over who to prosecute and when. Maybe it depends on how famous you are and how rich you are. Then again some ordinary people get away with it too. There is too much ambiguity in this country.
[/quote]

And the Magistrate takes a brownie point, Bet he''s never gone above the speed limit either 

I think he probably deserves jail for his devious attempts to escape a driving ban. I''m not sure that if you were genuinely depressed whether you would have the energy or the presence of mind to think up a cunning scheme.