Sign in to follow this  
bringbackandyhughes

Hoolahan

[quote user="7rew"]Words prove anything you want the too Gruffalo. Last year words showed Paul Jewell was a better manager than Paul Lambert.

Well its as true as your statement about statistics.[/quote]Really? Whose words were those? [:|]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Do you want to put a number on those hospital balls so we can discuss how often he does it? Anyway where some see a hospital ball others see a team mate not anticipating a pass. Like every other poster who was claimed that ''Hoolahan gives the ball away cheaply'' you are clutching at straws in the face of statistical proof that you are wrong. No one is saying he''s a world beater (I''m not sure where this idea comes from that he gets an easy ride on here. I''ve spent the last two years on here arguing with people who don''t rate him) or that he never gets dispossessed but the myth that he continually gives the ball away is just that. A myth.
[/quote]

That would only ever be argued for Wes.

Russell Martin - Bad ball

Zak  - Bad Ball

Morison - Bad Ball

Wes - Receiving players fault

So weve established, Wes is too good for his own players and too good for his country.

Glad thats settled.

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]That''s why Mcclean has been called up presumably. Hoolahan is a top player but he is one of those players who you have to pick a team around and Saturday just gone it didn''t work! No one is saying he is poor but to suggest an international manager is getting it wrong is ludicrous, I really hope Wes gets his chance but trappa obviously doesn''t rate him.[/quote]

In my opinion Wes doesn''t get into the Irish squad because of this,rather than this.

Say you were an international manager,with a large pool of players to choose from.Would you pick the one that you will have to change your reasonably successful formation,just to fit in him in? Or do you pick the one that will fit straight into the formation?

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Stats prove anything you want them to Shack. Last season the stats told us that Neil Warnock was a better football manager than Paul Lambert.[/quote]

Stats didn''t tell us Warnock was a better manager than Lambert. Stats told us QPR won the league.

There is no way of measuring whome is a better manager, take Fergie, who knows what would have happened if another managers had a chance to manage one of the richest clubs in the world. If I took over Barcelona for the champions league final and won it, would that make me one of the best managers in the world, or fortunate to be managing the best players in the world for one game? or Fergie manages Great Yarmouth for a game and I manage Man U for a game and Man U beat Yarmouth, does that make me a better manager?

Getting the drift?

[quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Do you want to put a number on those hospital balls so we can discuss how often he does it? Anyway where some see a hospital ball others see a team mate not anticipating a pass. Like every other poster who was claimed that ''Hoolahan gives the ball away cheaply'' you are clutching at straws in the face of statistical proof that you are wrong. No one is saying he''s a world beater (I''m not sure where this idea comes from that he gets an easy ride on here. I''ve spent the last two years on here arguing with people who don''t rate him) or that he never gets dispossessed but the myth that he continually gives the ball away is just that. A myth.[/quote]

Zak  - Bad Ball

Morison - Bad Ball

So weve established, Wes is too good for his own players and too good for his country.

Glad thats settled.

[/quote]I didn''t say it was only applicable to Wes did I. It always takes two players to complete a successful pass.No what we have established is that when certain posters have a preconceived idea about certain players they don''t like it when the facts indicate that they are incorrect.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="CDMullins"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Do you want to put a number on those hospital balls so we can discuss how often he does it? Anyway where some see a hospital ball others see a team mate not anticipating a pass. Like every other poster who was claimed that ''Hoolahan gives the ball away cheaply'' you are clutching at straws in the face of statistical proof that you are wrong. No one is saying he''s a world beater (I''m not sure where this idea comes from that he gets an easy ride on here. I''ve spent the last two years on here arguing with people who don''t rate him) or that he never gets dispossessed but the myth that he continually gives the ball away is just that. A myth.
[/quote]

Zak  - Bad Ball

Morison - Bad Ball

Glad thats settled.

[/quote]

I didn''t say it was only applicable to Wes did I. It always takes two players to complete a successful pass.

No what we have established is that when certain posters have a preconceived idea about certain players they don''t like it when the facts indicate that they are incorrect.
[/quote]

No, it takes 2 players to make a sucsessful pass, but it can only take one player to make a unsuccesessful pass.

Also posters have preconceived ideas that certain players are better than they really are

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Stats prove anything you want them to Shack. Last season the stats told us that Neil Warnock was a better football manager than Paul Lambert.[/quote]

Stats didn''t tell us Warnock was a better manager than Lambert. Stats told us QPR won the league.

There is no way of measuring whome is a better manager, take Fergie, who knows what would have happened if another managers had a chance to manage one of the richest clubs in the world. If I took over Barcelona for the champions league final and won it, would that make me one of the best managers in the world, or fortunate to be managing the best players in the world for one game? or Fergie manages Great Yarmouth for a game and I manage Man U for a game and Man U beat Yarmouth, does that make me a better manager?

Getting the drift?

[/quote]Well if you signed Wes for Barca then I don''t think that you would be qualifying for the Champions League, let alone winning it.I shouldn''t worry though as the greatest managers ever are not concerned about cup competitions these days, apparently?Fergie-Yarmouth-United, I should imagine they would just say that your Utd team was the team that Fergie built?