Sign in to follow this  
bringbackandyhughes

Hoolahan

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]Prime example today why he should only be used as an impact sub in last 20 mins of games. To accommodate him in the side meant we had to play the diamond and we were completely over run.[/quote]

People like you make me laugh, he wasn''t anywhere near the worst performer. End of.

Have you created individual threads about everyone else?

I thought you saw the best and the worst of him all in one today. At times brilliant, taking on/committing defenders and and creating opportunities. At times absolutely infuriating at the number of poor decisions he made either by not seeing a teammate or opting to shoot with others better placed.

He was awful Yesterday and I''m afraid he is no longer so vital to the side that we have to pick a formation to accommodate him.

Best performance of the season last week and is it any coincidence that Wes only came on in the last latter part of the game?

Think at times this season Pilky has been the most the creative and then Bennett last week was fantastic.

I prefer a 4-4-2, but I also apprecaite what Wes can offer. I personally think he is accomodated and has limitations that maybe Howson will challenge. But I am well aware that is being hyper critical he has been part of a team that has got us upto 8th in all of England.

I don''t think he should be captain when Russel Martin is in the team, I noticed that post earlier. But he is part of the team, I think impact sub is exactly what he can offer for next season.

I am looking forward to next season in regard ot Wes, he will be accomodated this season, but don''t get me wrong on merit as he offers creativity. But next season, I think he will be an impact player and we all look forward to Howson putting in a showing this season and next. Still look forward to the summer window, when we will improve all areas of the park.

Still our most skillful ball player & much improved in the tackling/harrying department; lately, also, he doesn''t seem to try the clever stuff around the half-way line, when losing the ball can be fatal. You have to expect him to lose the ball a fair bit, because he takes players on & tries to beat them - which often leads to them doubling up on him, freeing up other players.

His biggest failing (apart from being a monoped - anyone remember the old Pete & Dud Tarzan sketch?) is not slipping the ball through when he''s taken some of their players out, or if he does the pass selection is often poor.

But he can do magic: that bit of trickery just before he shot wide was delightful.

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]He was awful Yesterday and I''m afraid he is no longer so vital to the side that we have to pick a formation to accommodate him.

Best performance of the season last week and is it any coincidence that Wes only came on in the last latter part of the game?[/quote]No [Y]

Overrun? When?

Leicester weren''t actually good on saturday, you do realise that? We just kept giving them the ball back in the final 1/3 allowing them to attack us nearly as much as we attacked them. Fox actually won the ball on a few occasions, Bennett was always getting stuck in, and Hoolahan did what he normally does. Don''t think the diamond was the issue on Saturday.

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="bringbackandyhughes"]Prime example today why he should only be used as an impact sub in last 20 mins of games. To accommodate him in the side meant we had to play the diamond and we were completely over run.[/quote]

People like you make me laugh, he wasn''t anywhere near the worst performer. End of.

Have you created individual threads about everyone else?

[/quote]I guess this is another of my accounts too?

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Overrun? When?

Leicester weren''t actually good on saturday, you do realise that? We just kept giving them the ball back in the final 1/3 allowing them to attack us nearly as much as we attacked them. Fox actually won the ball on a few occasions, Bennett was always getting stuck in, and Hoolahan did what he normally does. Don''t think the diamond was the issue on Saturday.[/quote]Agree with you completely GP.  We weren''t overrun at all, what we did do was sell people short constantly with poor distribution.  Leicester hardly posed a threat during the game, can hardly recall Steer having to make a save, but took their chances, something we didn''t do.  We were terrible, but Leicester, in all honesty, weren''t much better.

[quote user="ron obvious"]Still our most skillful ball player & much improved in the tackling/harrying department; lately, also, he doesn''t seem to try the clever stuff around the half-way line, when losing the ball can be fatal. You have to expect him to lose the ball a fair bit, because he takes players on & tries to beat them - which often leads to them doubling up on him, freeing up other players.

His biggest failing (apart from being a monoped - anyone remember the old Pete & Dud Tarzan sketch?) is not slipping the ball through when he''s taken some of their players out, or if he does the pass selection is often poor.

But he can do magic: that bit of trickery just before he shot wide was delightful.[/quote]Lambert: Mr Hoolahan - you are, I believe, auditioning for the part of playmaker.Wes: Right.Lambert: Now Mr Hoolahan, I couldn''t help noticing - almost at once - that you are a one-legged person.Wes: You noticed that?Lambert: I noticed that, Mr Hoolahan. When you have been in the business as long as I have, you come to notice these little things almost instinctively.Lambert goes on to point out that playmaker is "a role which traditionally involves the use of a two-legged player" and that it would be unusual for the part to be taken by a "unidexter", but Hoolahan''s enthusiasm is undimmed. Lambert keeps a straight face as he explains exactly why Hoolahan is unsuitable for the role.Lambert: Need I say with over much emphasis that it is in the leg division that you are deficient.Hoolahan: The leg division?Lambert: Yes, the leg division, Mr Hoolahan. You are deficient in it to the tune of one. Your left leg, I like. I like your left leg. A lovely leg for the role. That''s what I said when I saw you come in. I said, "A lovely leg for the role". I''ve got nothing against your left leg. The trouble is - neither have you.

[quote user="Loopzilla"][quote user="ron obvious"]Still our most skillful ball player & much improved in the tackling/harrying department; lately, also, he doesn''t seem to try the clever stuff around the half-way line, when losing the ball can be fatal. You have to expect him to lose the ball a fair bit, because he takes players on & tries to beat them - which often leads to them doubling up on him, freeing up other players.

But he can do magic: that bit of trickery just before he shot wide was delightful.[/quote]Lambert: Mr Hoolahan - you are, I believe, auditioning for the part of playmaker.Wes: Right.Lambert: Now Mr Hoolahan, I couldn''t help noticing - almost at once - that you are a one-legged person.Wes: You noticed that?Lambert: I noticed that, Mr Hoolahan. When you have been in the business as long as I have, you come to notice these little things almost instinctively.Lambert goes on to point out that playmaker is "a role which traditionally involves the use of a two-legged player" and that it would be unusual for the part to be taken by a "unidexter", but Hoolahan''s enthusiasm is undimmed. Lambert keeps a straight face as he explains exactly why Hoolahan is unsuitable for the role.Lambert: Need I say with over much emphasis that it is in the leg division that you are deficient.Hoolahan: The leg division?Lambert: Yes, the leg division, Mr Hoolahan. You are deficient in it to the tune of one. Your left leg, I like. I like your left leg. A lovely leg for the role. That''s what I said when I saw you come in. I said, "A lovely leg for the role". I''ve got nothing against your left leg. The trouble is - neither have you.[/quote]

Nice one!

So are we saying that Paul lambert, the most talented and brilliant manager of his generation was out-smarted by Nigel Pearson who, quite honestly, isn''t?

I think there is a bit more to it than that.

I agree NWC. Why is it becoming increasingly easy for teams to simply nullify Vice Captain Hoolahan? Firstly Sunderland (acceptable), but a weakened Leicester City side at home?

Are we really that much of a one man team?

Why couldn''t Swansea nullify the threat of Surman/Pilkington so easily?

Hoolahan didn''t have Surman helping with the creative aspect, Pilkington appeared to be missing, he also had Morison not up to much, and Fox misplacing passes. Jackson was also not at the top of his game.

How on earth is Hoolahan supposed to work with that? He actually did pretty well if you think about it, pretty much everything creative we did (and we did have a fair few opportunities) went through Wes, recently they have also been going through Surman and Jackson and obviously Holt. We didn''t have that on Saturday.

I don''t think Wes was nullified, it was the players around him....

Couldn''t agree more Ginge.

Hoolahan was probably our best player on the day, which probably wasn''t hard considering the standard of the whole team. Pilks was completely absent for most of it, Bennet only appeared in the second half, Morison had his worst game in a Norwich shirt, the defence was awful, barring Drury who had his usual solid game, and even Foxys passing was astray more often than not. I don''t think any blame can be attached to young Jed who was obviously targeted and fouled just about everytime he went for a cross.

This was a team performance, a very bad one, but to suggest that because of it Hoolahan is not good enough is both ridiculous and frankly bizarre.

The other players and specifically Benno and Pilks did not perform as they were too busy either covering in the middle of the park for the gaps left as a result of Hoolahan and the diamond or, when we did have the ball, they got fed up watching Wes run up is own arse before lossing the ball or shooting when he should have passed or vice versa.

He''s an impact sub at best nowadays and the sooner JH is fit the better.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Such a shame the manager of a club placed 8th in the Premiership appears to disagree with you isn''t it....[/quote]When are you going to stop using that argunment GP?So non of us can have an opinion becuase Paul Lambert does the opposit?Alex Ferguson the best manager of all time as bought some dud''s Prunnier, Tiabi, Djema Djema, Bebe, the list is endless.Saying, well Lambert must like him, is childish.And just to counter your childishness, Trappatoni doesnt like him, and today he as named Sunderland''s James McClean in his squad.

Did I say that? (''non of us can have an opinion because Paul Lambert does the opposite?'')

For goodness sake, I gave my own opinion, and I don''t use that ''argument'' (as it wasn''t an argument, just stating a fact). I said why I didn''t agree with the OP, he came back with his own argument, and I just made a comment, why do you get so upset about what I say, and then pretend you don''t care afterwards? If you don''t like what I post, which you appear not to, as you mostly just have a go at me, rather than argue what I actually say, could you please just ignore me? Can''t be that hard... I''m on here to discuss NCFC issues, we all have our own opinions, and until you posted that, that is what this thread was all about...

I''m sure this is just me telling you that you can''t have an opinion....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Did I say that? (''non of us can have an opinion because Paul Lambert does the opposite?'')

For goodness sake, I gave my own opinion, and I don''t use that ''argument'' (as it wasn''t an argument, just stating a fact). I said why I didn''t agree with the OP, he came back with his own argument, and I just made a comment, why do you get so upset about what I say, and then pretend you don''t care afterwards? If you don''t like what I post, which you appear not to, as you mostly just have a go at me, rather than argue what I actually say, could you please just ignore me? Can''t be that hard... I''m on here to discuss NCFC issues, we all have our own opinions, and until you posted that, that is what this thread was all about...

I''m sure this is just me telling you that you can''t have an opinion....[/quote]You are far too sensitive,

Yes yes of course I am, i''m sitting at home crying my eyes out because you don''t like me...

Get over yourself, I don''t get ''sensitive'' over anything (generally) posted on an internet message board, by people I don''t know.

You taken over as England manager yet? You must be the bookies favourite with you expert knowledge of football....

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Yes yes of course I am, i''m sitting at home crying my eyes out because you don''t like me...

Get over yourself, I don''t get ''sensitive'' over anything (generally) posted on an internet message board, by people I don''t know.

You taken over as England manager yet? You must be the bookies favourite with you expert knowledge of football....[/quote]Different day, same drivvle, same petty insults

It isn''t just GP though CD Mullins. You must realise by now that the vast majority of lemming like individuals on here get a little over-sensitive when it comes to constructive criticism about their darling Wes?