Sign in to follow this  
priceyrice

lets talk about that pile of c**p who plays number 5

Morison didn''t f@*%ing score today did he?

When he scores he gets credit. When he walks around like a disinterested tart at a vicars garden party then it''s going to get mentioned.

[quote user="Smokebomb"]He has always looked disinterested!
[/quote]

He has always looked the same.  However his confidence looks low.    He can score goals, but the rest of the time struggles imo.     His first and second touch is not always that good, and  opposing teams are realising this and most of the time now, nick the ball off him quite easily.   He has obviously been working at his touch and dtribbling, but he cannot match Holt in his work rate and overall game.  

In  a team set up where he is number one striker (as when we played 4-5-1) it worked better for him, but 4-5-1 has only been part of the picture because the ends of games (where we have scored and picked up points) have had Holt on as well (with more often than not Holt scoring or putting an inch perfect cross in for Morison to score).

So a mixed bag from Morison  so far this season.  He is still finding his feet at this level, as are the rest of the squad. Perhaps at the end of the season he will be able to take stock and come back stronger and better for next season.  

Now Now Mr Chops don''t be pedantic !

I was saying it was frustrating when he appears not to care but I do bow to your massive posts !

I have to say that i have never been overly impressed with Morrisons attitude. Yes he has scored a few goals but he really does seem to be taking the Ballotelli route here.

The whole reason we have done so well this season is that we have been working as a team and it is seriously looking like Morrison just doesn''t want to fit in. He and Holt looked to have fallen out a while back.

When i have mentioned before that i thought Morrison was lazy i was told that "he isn''t that kind of player" well i want players that bleed Yellow and Green in our team and he just doesn''t.....he really can''t be arsed like it''s all beneath him.

I will not shed a tear if he is gone in the summer.

Ps...Vaughan looked very lively today :-)

He is probably wondering why he didn''t get to put his feet up this week. Obviously Lambo doesn''t consider him a key player any longer. I would expect a lengthy spell on the sidelines for Moro judging by his reaction to being subbed.

Played like he had a problem whether it is something back at home, with the other players i don''t know. I will wait until making judgement but compare his early performances to now and you can see something is not right.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Hear, Hear!

Today Morison displayed nonchalant body language and just looked totally fed up with the game before it even started. I mean, most of us would give anything to be out there wearing the yellow shirt wouldn’t we?

I took Mrs Mustard and our two lads and Mrs M couldn’t believe how awful our passing was; “it’s like they didn’t know each other” she observed. “We’re not keeping the ball” and “No.14 is hopeless” and “that No.5 isn’t even trying”…

Walking home she simply said; “Wish I’d gone to have my nails done now!”…

PS: In two transactions (one for 2 tickets as ST’s and another for 2 tickets for her and my youngest) those 4 tickets cost £83.00 – money poorly spent and I’m far from happy.

PPS: I’d love to see Jay Rodriguez come here too.

[/quote]

Were you sitting in the City stand in the 20''s seats? There was a family sitting next to me and the Mum was quite ''vocal'' shall we say about Morison! LOL

Have to say that I did swear quite a bit and there were kids around so i do apologize if it was you and your family there but I was pretty angry with the team overall.

Now I like Morison cause he is good enough and produced the goods for us this season but his performance today, effort levels and general atitide were unforgiveable!

For someone who should of been looking to create a selection problem for the manager his atitude stank!

Many rumours flying around today about his private life which also includes another member of the squad who we haven''t seen in 1st team action this year!

If Morison continues in this vain then I don''t want to see him anywhere near the 1st team!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Many rumours flying around today about his private life which also includes another member of the squad who we haven''t seen in 1st team action this year!

[/quote]do you mean this year as in 2012 or this year as in this season? if its the latter every single player has featured at least once this season...either way, Morrisons attitude stinks and from what i have seen today and heard from others the blokes a bit of a p*nis by all accounts...

to be honest.....who cares!

I expect players to be professional on the pitch....if he''s having ''personal issues'' then he should speak to Lambert and ask not to be seleced for this reason.

....not go out onto the pitch in yellow & green and play as he did today!

This is MY opinion and many will probably disagree....but this is what these forums are for.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Many rumours flying around today about his private life which also includes another member of the squad who we haven''t seen in 1st team action this year![/quote]

Presume you''re talking about the Morrison/Tierney traning ground bust up rumour which was on here in January, which stated that one of the players would be leaving in the January transfer window.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2671229/ShowPost.aspx

I''m sure that if there was a problem between any of the players that Lambert/Culverhouse would sort it out and not let it fester, rumours are usually just that - rumours.

Hysterical nonsense. Morison was no worse than most players on the pitch today. Infact I''m struggling to name one Norwich player who played well other than maybe Ward and Fox. Wes Hoolahan man of the match? What the hell is that all about? He done absolutely nothing except score the rebound from a pen he should have put away at the first attempt.

If you must criticise players then let''s at least have some fair criticism.

[quote user="The Gruffalo"]Hysterical nonsense. Morison was no worse than most players on the pitch today. Infact I''m struggling to name one Norwich player who played well other than maybe Ward and Fox. Wes Hoolahan man of the match? What the hell is that all about? He done absolutely nothing except score the rebound from a pen he should have put away at the first attempt. If you must criticise players then let''s at least have some fair criticism.[/quote]

Morrison will never be good enough for most people as they see him as competition for Holt, shame really as we need them both.

I like Morison because hes produced the goods this season but I cannot defend his performance today. Nothing to do with him being competition for Holt which on todays limp performance Holt has nothing to worry about!

If he continues to perform like that then he should never be anywhere near the 1st team!

has anyone got any proof of the moro and tierney bust up, because if so i could understand why people would not want him around the 1st team, yet seeing as tho no one does, i feel much of the anger towards him is unjustified

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

Many rumours flying around today about his private life which also includes another member of the squad who we haven''t seen in 1st team action this year![/quote]

Presume you''re talking about the Morrison/Tierney traning ground bust up rumour which was on here in January, which stated that one of the players would be leaving in the January transfer window.

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/2671229/ShowPost.aspx

I''m sure that if there was a problem between any of the players that Lambert/Culverhouse would sort it out and not let it fester, rumours are usually just that - rumours.

[/quote]There''s no smoke without fire.How many rumours on here about private issues have sadly turned out to have an element of truth about them?

I have defended Morison many times this season, but just can''t do it today. He was very poor and Wilbraham showed much more commitment and passion in his short time on the pitch.

The only positive today was the return of James Vaughan, hopefully he will prove to be a real asset to the team for the rest of the season.

Surely if there is any truth in the Tierney/Morison rumour then it should be Tierney who the fans turn against and who club management show the door to surely?

James Vaughan looked unfit and worse than any of our strikers today to me. All of them were poor but the service from midfield was non existent today.

The difference between Morison and the rest of the team Gruffalo was the others were at least trying to win the ball and pass it (badly I admit), I thought Vaughan got into some good positions when he came on but the ball wasn''t played to him, a couple of times Hoolahan took a weak shot on goal when a pass to Vaughan would have seen him through on goal.

Morison undoubtedly has shown himself to be a more than capable player at this level already this season. He''s put some very hard shifts in upfront on his own, and I think it was said of his performance against Swansea (h) to be ''the best centre-forward display at Carrow Road, ever''.However, for all his goals and work so far this season, today his performance was disgraceful. Very little off-the-ball and bereft of ideas on it. Started badly with the none-too-great miss early on, got worse with his non-attempt to even challenge St. Ledger for their goal, downhill from there. Today, for me, his performance should have ended in the first half when he stood and watched a Leicester defender head a ball clear from 3 yards away. If he deserves to be noted for his previous exploits this season he''s got to be liable for doing an impression of a post box for sixty minutes today as well.I was left surprised at how much better Wilberforce was when he came on, pleasantly so. I think now that James Vaughan has moved into contention, the squad next week will be very telling; assuming we start with our current ''pair'' (Holt and Jacko) I wouldn''t have thought we''ll have three strikers on the bench. Two from Vaughan, Morison and Wilbo Baggins? Only two worth picking based on today.

Has been poor on the last couple of occasions. While I am not advocating him trying to run around like a headless chicken to impress the fans, the prodigious work rate he had at the beginning of the season seems to have vanished. He created so many chances out of nothing by robbing the centre half (Man City and Arsenal immediately spring to mind).

However you do not become a bad player overnight and he still has a lot to offer the team. Particularly if we elect to play one up front against certain teams. He certainly wasn''t the only one who looked completely out of sorts today.

[quote user="Wings of a Sparrow"]I had to look that up also. Is this a player who has only had a sub''s appearance to his name this year?[/quote]i think we are thinking the same person here...

He genuinely shows some flashes of brilliance. For example the work rate he showed for the goal he scored against Arsenal. But at other times he look disinterested. I remember the Bolton away game back in Septemeber where barely made an effort and won almost nothing in the air all game. Also not forgetting the ridiculous trip on Gallas and I seem to recollect he stamped on someone earlier in the season a got away with it. Overall conduct unbecoming of what you''d expect from a Norwich player.

[quote user="drurys testamonials mark 15"]He wasn''t at the races today. Looked totally disinterested. On twitter there are rumours about his private life which could be preying on his mind.Needed Holt on the bench to give him the impetus to perform I reckon[/quote]

I wouldn''t be surprised if this is the case, you''ll notice Morison never seems to smile, even when he scores and he doesn''t look happy at all. Compare him to Holt who always has a smile on his face.

There''s definitely something up with Moro, he looks half the player he was.