Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Top 3 annoying/embarrassing Norwich related people

If you mean the city, Alan Partridge...I lose count of the number of times people either do impressions or make that the first connection between me and where I live.

the MAN IN THE STAND has become extremely boring lately. he used to be quite witty at times but i think he''s run out of ideas now. the CANARY FAIRY is a little bit embarrassing but quite harmless really. but i have to disagree with your choice of Roy Blower as an annoyance, i think he seems a very nice chap. one you could have included is Rob Butcher, pinkun writer and the worlds best super-fan!! he has a massive ego and is always droning on about the world''s best supporters group{my words}the Northern Canaries.

[quote]The Canary Fairy Roy Blower Man in the Stands Anyone who you think is a disgrace to the Norwich name!?[/quote]

now DD, don''t be so harsh, the canary fairy is a living legend!!

roy blower, have to hand it to you - he has put his foot in it on more than one occasion

the man in the stands, as ''he'' remains anonymous we can''t really judge i suppose, used to find myself agreeing with a lot he said but i am sure it is a different person now!  Can''t say he is an embarrassment, just someone i don''t always see eye to eye

my embarrassing top 3

joe royle (well he is ex norwich)

gus george (the old superfan who used to boast he hadn''t misssed a game for years!!) always travels on cabbage and never stops moaning at matches

will go along with your selection of roy blower

How about that bloke on the fanzone on Sky on a Monday- he has the Poll & Withey shirt from the late 80s which reinforces the national impression that our City is stuck in the past somewhere. Apologies if you are a poster on this Board, but it does annoy me.

Gus (because he moans and I hate it if I find I''ve got a seat near him at an away game)

Alan Partridge (really hasn''t done the citys image any good at all - not that Steve coogan was trying to)

Robert Chase (for the 8 years of wilderness prior to the last 18 months)

[quote]The Canary Fairy Roy Blower Man in the Stands Anyone who you think is a disgrace to the Norwich name!?[/quote]

Agree with your top 2 DD but not in that order

[quote]Ha, just kidding!...or am I?[/quote]

i think we should add him to the list.......

Thats just harsh on the Canary Fairy, i totally disagree with that. I''m proud of the Canary Fairy and fully support him. I actually find him funny and he is an emblem of this club now. I seem to recall Pompey having their equivalent of the Canary Fairy who bangs drums and is dressed in all blue and white.

Man In The Stands- agreed totally, it was funny at one point but now it is boring and doesn''t make me laugh at all. I sigh and shake my head every time i hear it.

Let''s Be Havin You- again this was funny but has been totally overused and i find it embarassing now and completely unfunny.

Roy Blower- he gets my vote all the way along with Robert Chase.

[quote]Thats just harsh on the Canary Fairy, i totally disagree with that. I''m proud of the Canary Fairy and fully support him. I actually find him funny and he is an emblem of this club now. I seem to recal...[/quote]

My point exactly Damo!  I live in Pompey and they HATE the guy with all the tattoos and badges who bangs the drum!  They think he''s a real embarrassment!  I''m sure some people like the canary fairy but I think he''s a bit of a prat.  Glad to see not too many people have disagreed with my MITS suggestion though!

At least Canary Fairy gets behind the team. Agreed, he is a tad eccentric, but there is no doubt that he is a "true" fan.

And dont pick on Roy Blower. How is he annoying or embarassing? He does a lot of good work.

Would have to go with :

1) Bernard Matthews (for having millions, yet no obvious signs on the surface of helping his local club, and the people/workers who brought him success)

2) Alan Partridge (needs no introduction, but funny all the same)

3) The guy at the ground who makes the "Mr Carrow" announcements. Nothing wrong with a norfolk accent, before anybody accuses me of being a "foreigner" but it can be a little embarassing when he makes the famous statement.

Disagree with the Partridge shout, the show is just funny and in the main very accurate. It’s only when Norwich people bang on about how offensive that it becomes embrassing.

Top 3 –

1)      The Norfolk accent  

2)      Lack of noise from the ground apart from the lower Barclay and the chavs in the snakepit (sorry guys)

3)      Gary holt attempting to trap the ball

I agree with others that Roy Blower is a huge credit to the club. He has done loads of work and bailed them out of financial trouble years ago. He is a true fan who has invested time and money in the club.

Actually DD, a minority seems to have agreed with your MITS nomination.

And no it''s not me - but as its author has changed several times over the years you sure do dislike a lot of different people, all with their own writing styles and differing opinions.

For the record, your username is pretty embarrasing...

[quote]Actually DD, a minority seems to have agreed with your MITS nomination. And no it''s not me - but as its author has changed several times over the years you sure do dislike a lot of different people, ...[/quote]

ROFL!  I was waiting for your reply Womble!  What a shocker; MITS is mentioned and you reply defending him.  I''m shocked!  

I didn''t actually say that most people had agreed with me.  I said that hardly anyone had disagreed with me.  Nice bit of spin there though

Speak to you next time the man is mentioned on here Womble

[quote]AJ, do you sit in the River End?[/quote]

yes i do,

and as i see it, the river end get behind the boys as much as anyone, we sing, we clap, we cheer as much as anyone.

The barclay has always been known for the top of these.

i take it you sit in the away supporters end........

1. Anyone who has sat near him at an away game will surely agree with the nomination of Gus George.

Well done mate, you''ve been to 8430 consecutive games. The club gladly accepts your money, but if all you plan to do at every game is moan like an old woman and never give any vocal support to your beloved team then I suggest you defect down the A140 where you''d fit in nicely.

2. Every time Delia (wonderful woman that she is) refers to our club as ''little Norwich'' - urrghhh!

3. The Tony Martin brigade (affectionately known as the gimps) who sit near me in the Lower Barclay.

Gus George has asked me to point out that it was Rick Waghorn who coined the phrase ''superfan'' - he certainly doesn''t court publicity or that sort of title himself.

As he is a nice chap he has taken your comments here in a good spirit!

And what annoys him is people standing up blocking the view of disabled people or children (though he accepts we all do it in the heat of the moment).

Celia

[quote]Gus George has asked me to point out that it was Rick Waghorn who coined the phrase ''superfan'' - he certainly doesn''t court publicity or that sort of title himself. As he is a nice chap he has taken ...[/quote]

How so you know him then Celia?  Not MITS is he!?

Answer - He rang the webdesk - Celia

mike riley
Dowd
Poll
and probably many more ref''s i cant think of right now......

Notts Canary, i don''t understand how you can say that the Norfolk accent is annoying/embarrassing!   I have lived in norfolk for about 17 years and have picked up the accent, and although it brings with it alot of mickey taking, i wouldn''t want an accent from anywhere else. Im proud to have the accent.