Sign in to follow this  
Boris Bear

Deluded Canaries

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/sunderland/8043365/Niall-Quinn-calls-on-Sunderland-fans-to-pack-out-Stadium-of-Light.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/9314035.stm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/04/niall-quinn-sunderland-overseas-broadcasts

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/856263-asamoah-gyan-and-other-stars-may-be-sold-to-balance-books-quinn

AverageMinimumMaximumTotalCapacity%Full
1Chelsea41,63841,09141,820458,02041,84199.50%
2Arsenal59,97259,67160,093659,69560,35599.40%
3Tottenham36,08735,81836,274396,96436,31099.40%
4Manchester Utd75,45175,14675,627829,96676,21299.00%
5Liverpool44,84244,37245,071493,26545,36298.90%
6Fulham25,37523,76625,700304,50925,70098.70%
7Manchester City47,05046,32147,422517,55147,72698.60%
8Norwich City26,54026,10726,816291,94727,03398.20%
9Stoke City27,18926,56427,739299,08127,73998.00%
10Swansea City19,87519,02820,409218,63420,53296.80%
11Newcastle Utd48,95642,68452,305538,52252,38793.50%
12QP Rangers16,93115,19518,076186,25118,36092.20%
13West Bromwich24,58322,47426,221270,41628,00387.80%
14Wolverhampton25,33622,65727,289278,70229,19586.80%
15Everton33,32329,56139,510366,55640,56982.10%
16Bolton23,53920,02826,854282,47628,72382.00%
17Aston Villa34,20130,74440,053410,41842,78880.00%
18Sunderland38,30632,29647,751459,68149,00078.20%
19Blackburn22,33218,00325,570267,98431,36771.20%
20Wigan Athletic17,51315,79619,280192,64325,13869.70%

There''s some anomalies in the table above (for example Fulham''s highest attendance is the same as their capacity, which I don''t believe), but you get the general idea.

Whats missing in your life Boris that you even feel the need to be on this forum? We have our own pillocks without having the need for you to boost the numbers.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Sunderland huh....

worst team in History wasnt it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_FA_Premier_League

[/quote]

Funny how the truth hurt these northerners, remember the dickhead from Leeds, another stadium half empty

Think you have to do voluntary work now if you''ve been on the dole long term now, obviously make''s it a bit more difficult for getting to the football if you have to attend your placement on saturdays.

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Sunderland huh.... worst team in History wasnt it...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_FA_Premier_League

[/quote]

Funny how the truth hurt these northerners, remember the dickhead from Leeds, another stadium half empty

[/quote]In fairness though... we''re the ones with a half empty trophy cabinet...They both have some pretty impressive history.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Sunderland huh....

worst team in History wasnt it...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005%E2%80%9306_FA_Premier_League

[/quote]

[/quote]

In fairness though... we''re the ones with a half empty trophy cabinet...

They both have some pretty impressive history.
[/quote]

To be honest  I don''t care, and I don''t get up set with the empty shelves in Trophy cabinet, Last time I looked it was full, with replica''s from our past and 2 very recent ones.   

One defeat and cluckwit is flapping about the place like a chicken with a sore backsideThese past few seasons must have been hell for him and his kind

[quote user="City1st"]One defeat and cluckwit is flapping about the place like a chicken with a sore backsideThese past few seasons must have been hell for him and his kind[/quote]I''m only trying to see both sides of the argument...Blimey! Some people are so blinkered on here.

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"][quote user="City1st"]One defeat and cluckwit is flapping about the place like a chicken with a sore backside

These past few seasons must have been hell for him and his kind
[/quote]

I''m only trying to see both sides of the argument...

Blimey! Some people are so blinkered on here.
[/quote]

Well now, no doubt you are right my friend. But I feel their worst day''s are in the future. If Boris''s appearance on here is a sign of things to come, and we are to be visited by fans of other clubs (something I would welcome BTW), there''d be no place for the "pretend Norwich fans" who have been filling this void.

"we are to be visited by fans of other clubs (something I would welcome BTW),"We are all aware of your constant wish to see bluemike return to this board. Has it ever occured to you young master nutty that this Doris Dear chap could be one of bluemikes friends ? Constant reference to ''hinbreads'', six digits and attendances does suggest that Doris is not all he seems. The remarks about statues should also raise concerns. What I would welcome is fans from other clubs who do not hide behind City colours. It doesn''t take more than a couple of rattles on the cage to flush them out. Maybe like gay footballers perhaps some of the clost binners could openly come out, on here.

[quote user="City1st"]"we are to be visited by fans of other clubs (something I would welcome BTW),"

We are all aware of your constant wish to see bluemike return to this board. Has it ever occured to you young master nutty that this Doris Dear chap could be one of bluemikes friends ? Constant reference to ''hinbreads'', six digits and attendances does suggest that Doris is not all he seems. The remarks about statues should also raise concerns.

What I would welcome is fans from other clubs who do not hide behind City colours. It doesn''t take more than a couple of rattles on the cage to flush them out. Maybe like gay footballers perhaps some of the clost binners could openly come out, on here.
[/quote]

Can''t argue with that buddy. But from the banter I exchanged with Boris I think it''s obvious he is genuine. Banter between fans is part of football and definitely has a place on this message board provided it stays in the right spirit.

Those pretend fans on here are obvious too. See how many of them take part in discussions where the subject can''t be googled.

[quote user="City1st"]"we are to be visited by fans of other clubs (something I would welcome BTW),"We are all aware of your constant wish to see bluemike return to this board. Has it ever occured to you young master nutty that this Doris Dear chap could be one of bluemikes friends ? Constant reference to ''hinbreads'', six digits and attendances does suggest that Doris is not all he seems. The remarks about statues should also raise concerns. What I would welcome is fans from other clubs who do not hide behind City colours. It doesn''t take more than a couple of rattles on the cage to flush them out. Maybe like gay footballers perhaps some of the clost binners could openly come out, on here. [/quote]Me thinks you''re taking yourself and this public forum a taaaaaaaad too seriously sunshine.Relax and enjoy these opposition visits and see them for the ''bit of fun'' they are meant to be.

Hardly see myself as deluded. Sunderland are a smack average premiership team with a below average fan base of relatively un-vocal support. We got a point against Liverpool, i felt we could do that or nick three against Sunderland if we played our best. We didn''t play our best, we played perhaps the worst i''ve seen us in a League game this season. Sunderland played the best. If it was the other way round i reckon we''d have done them 4-0, thus making us the better team.[:d]

[quote user="Boris Bear"]...Sunderland completely controlled the game, let Norwich play in their own half , pressured them when necessary, attacked with poise and pace tearing Norwich a new arsehole in the process and generally outclassed Norwich all over the pitch. In all seriousness not a single one of the Norwich squad at the peak of their powers would get into the Sunderland team so have some humility, realise you''re new to the Prem, have a good way to go and have done really well, exceeding expectations this season. Good luck for the rest of the season and please know your place ;-)[/quote]

Too good not to deserve a bump...

[quote user="a1canary"]

[quote user="Boris Bear"]...Sunderland completely controlled the game, let Norwich play in their own half , pressured them when necessary, attacked with poise and pace tearing Norwich a new arsehole in the process and generally outclassed Norwich all over the pitch. In all seriousness not a single one of the Norwich squad at the peak of their powers would get into the Sunderland team so have some humility, realise you''re new to the Prem, have a good way to go and have done really well, exceeding expectations this season. Good luck for the rest of the season and please know your place ;-)[/quote]

Too good not to deserve a bump...

[/quote]

And today Sunderland fans thank THE REF FOR HELPING THEM TO GET A DRAW, and deny Norwich a Penalty that could have seald it, as well as this they want rid of Oneal. How times have changed, they claim He is the worst manager in the Premier league and want Martinez.  

[quote user="crabbycanary"]

Great memory A1!

[/quote]

I distinctly remembered after our no show up there last season this fan coming on and acting - genuinely enough - as if they were well established EPL stalwarts, upwardly mobile with realistic ambitions on Europe. How things can change in a year! I bet now they will give anything just to be 17th.

To be fair i didn''t think that was unreasonable at the time as they were playing well and Sessegnon in particular looked unplayable at times. Now O''Neil has stuck him on the wing and he is but a pale shadow of the player he was. Ditto McLean. And the whole team look as if they''re all playing with a methaphorical arm tied behind their backs.

Just read the first post - hahahahahahah!

I wouldn''t take a single one of their defenders over any of ours. I wonder if Leon Barnett could do a job for them?

Vaughan is crap. He''s not as good as Fox or Howson, lightweight and passing not up to speed. Adam Johnson and Sessonion are good and probably would be classed as better than Bennett but for me Snodgrass has better end product than at least Sess.

Striker wise, Graham did nothing really, nor did Fletcher who was lucky not to get booked.

In short the only players that I would consider having in our team ahead of our own from that game would be the keeper, Larson (although he was just a thug at the weekend) and Johnson.

Thanks for finding this A1, this year''s performance was very satisfying after last year''s capitulation.  Just a shame we didn''t get that late penalty in which case we could easily have come away with 3 points.

Having said that, Sunderland have quite a few quality players who haven''t become rubbish this season, it is hard to explain why as a team they are doing so badly this year.  Personally I think M''ON has lost his enthusiasm for football - his heart''s just not in it for some reason.  I wouldn''t be surprised if he gets sacked and leaves football before too long.

I wouldn''t have Johnson at all, far too inconsistent.

Sessignon (sp?) on his day is awesome, but too incosistent (or is he just being played in the wrong position?)

Fletcher? Quite possibly

Graham? Nope

Larsson? Always seems to stand out against us, so that would have to be a yes. Although he was getting a wee bit upset with one or two of his teamates yesterday

O''Shea? No chance

Rose? Looks good, so yes from me

Anyone else? Nope. Players I have listed, no better than what we have imo