Sign in to follow this  
Boris Bear

Deluded Canaries

Unfortunately this is the trademark of the modern day City fan... great expectations that we should be back in the Premiership ''where we belong''. Utter bollox... as a look at our 100 plus year history will show.But for the Messianic arrival of Paul Lambert we''d be a burnt out non entity languishing in Division Three these days.... As it is we have a fine team on the pitch that we have no real right have... and sit comfortably mid-table in the most expensive league in the World.As ever, the naive and jingoistic City fans of the present day are being shown up for what they are.... theatre goers.

Too right Nora...

Talking of statues I understand McNally is in favour of Delia for us. Can''t argue really because, as you say, she''s got us punching well above our weight.

[quote user="baldyboy"]How do you work out that OUR squad cost more than yours? We put our squad together for 9 million quid!!! What yours cost? a helluva lot more!!! Can we afford to bring in the likes of Bridge on loan? NO!!!! You are the bloody deluded one mate if you think we paid more for our squad!!!! You paid 9 million for a crock goalkeeper on its own!!!!
[/quote]

Where did I say that mate?  I don''t think I did but if I did I was wrong.  Our team last night cost about £30million and to be honest was a bargain.  We built from where you are now a few seasons ago.  Nobody can afford or attract big name signings when they first get promoted.

This thread was directed at some of the bell-ends who need to learn a little humility........clearly not the majority of Norwich fans who are amongst the best in the land.

Quite shocking if there are some of you who think we have a problem with our attendance, that we are a small club, that we''re all unemployed scroungers, etc.

Good luck with the rest of your season - I hope you do well.

.......and I''ll also return next time you stuff us to take my medicine ;-)

[quote user="Boris Bear"]

[quote user="baldyboy"]How do you work out that OUR squad cost more than yours? We put our squad together for 9 million quid!!! What yours cost? a helluva lot more!!! Can we afford to bring in the likes of Bridge on loan? NO!!!! You are the bloody deluded one mate if you think we paid more for our squad!!!! You paid 9 million for a crock goalkeeper on its own!!!!
[/quote]

Where did I say that mate?  I don''t think I did but if I did I was wrong.  Our team last night cost about £30million and to be honest was a bargain.  We built from where you are now a few seasons ago.  Nobody can afford or attract big name signings when they first get promoted.

This thread was directed at some of the bell-ends who need to learn a little humility........clearly not the majority of Norwich fans who are amongst the best in the land.

Quite shocking if there are some of you who think we have a problem with our attendance, that we are a small club, that we''re all unemployed scroungers, etc.

[/quote]

Don''t BS on the attendance thing mate.  You do have a problem with your attendance.  I''m probably more qualified than most Norwich fans to comment on this as I have lived in the North East all my life.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Boris Bear"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Don''t BS on the attendance thing mate.  You do have a problem with your attendance.  I''m probably more qualified than most Norwich fans to comment on this as I have lived in the North East all my life.

[/quote]

Sorry mate but we average thirty eight and a half thousand in a pretty miserable season for us.....that''s 12000 more than Norwich in your best season for years and also ahead of the likes of Spurs, Villa, Everton, etc, etc.

It''s really not a problem.

Yes the board would like more because they are ambitious but the fans havem''t had much to get excited about until we got rid of old cushion face.

It''s all relative of course, if you are saying that we should get more because we are a huge club I would tend to agree, but still, not a huge problem.

Norwich dream of having those kinds of problems ;-)

[quote user="Paul Cluckbert"]Unfortunately this is the trademark of the modern day City fan... great expectations that we should be back in the Premiership ''where we belong''. Utter bollox... as a look at our 100 plus year history will show.But for the Messianic arrival of Paul Lambert we''d be a burnt out non entity languishing in Division Three these days.... As it is we have a fine team on the pitch that we have no real right have... and sit comfortably mid-table in the most expensive league in the World.As ever, the naive and jingoistic City fans of the present day are being shown up for what they are.... theatre goers.[/quote]

Why do we have no right to the fine team we have? Please explain.

You just sound worried that you can''t spout as much of the ''back in my day when football was great and the fans were proper fans...'' bs because we''re close to having the best manager and best teams we''ve ever had.

Pull your pants up and listen Penisnickerty......Unlike many clubs with a hapless owner and board... we struck lucky just in time. Plain and simple. While a few of us saw the writing on the wall pre-McNally, most of you defended the indefensible... rained plaudits down on your iconic ''saviour'' along with her laughable managerial appointments... and their pitiful player signings.You may just be concerned with what''s on the plate in front of you... but some of us look at the bigger picture and remember where we''ve just come from.. and minus Paul Lambert could very easily return. We''re in the Premier League by the seat of our pants.... and sheer good fortune has got us there.Therefore ''right'' doesn''t come into it.

Hey Boris...

I''ve just been thinking about copying your lead and having a statue of a U.S. detective.

Perhaps we''d be a bigger club if we had a statue of Kojak and pretended it was Bryan Gunn..

Whaddaya think buddy[:^)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Hey Boris...

I''ve just been thinking about copying your lead and having a statue of a U.S. detective.

Perhaps we''d be a bigger club if we had a statue of Kojak and pretended it was Bryan Gunn..

Whaddaya think buddy[:^)]

[/quote]

''Who loves ya baby''

Completely agree we were lucky and struck lucky at a time when it could have gone either way for the club but why does that mean we have no right to be where we are now?

Lucky or not, we did get an excellent CEO and then an exceedingly good and upcoming manager so from that moment every thing we''ve achieved is right.

As our manager would say, we are where we are on merit and we deserve to be here. A lot of teams have luck, but its what happens next that ultimately decides the future. Now it could all go wrong and if/when lambert leaves we may plummet down the leagues again, but I would never be thinking like that, for one out of principle of being far too pessimistic and I also can''t see that happening with a strong board ready to make another big decision if lambert were to leave.

The bigger picture yes, but never thinking we''re undeserving or lucky for our current position.

Hello Boris,

Nice to see you playing the naive WUM merchant. A thread title of "Deluded Canaries" and your references to inbreeding reveal your agenda.

You brought up the question about whose club is bigger. You seem to be like a few of the Leeds fans, who reckon their club is huge in a "Wow, look-at-the-size-of-mine sort of way.

Well, in 2004 your attendances were none too clever: typical attendance of 25,000.

Sunderland were in the Championship, I hear you say. Well, we averaged about the same in the Championship last season. And in League One.

Looks like you are very much like Leeds in that respect. The attendances only shot up when you''re sniffing the Premier League. As in the fact that you got 47,000 for your final league game of that season. Where we all your loyal supporters for the rest of the season?

Middlesborough did the same the last time they were in the Prem. Sell-out crowds, but their ground is now half-empty now they''re in the Champ.

North-Easterners would seem a very fickle lot. Do you have a spare Boro'' scarf in the cupboad, just to be on the safe side for the next time you go down?

Finally, you seem to have been on the forum all today. Or only just between visits to the Benefits office and Lidl?

[quote user="Boris Bear"]

Sorry mate but we average thirty eight and a half thousand in a pretty miserable season for us.....that''s 12000 more than Norwich in your best season for years and also ahead of the likes of Spurs, Villa, Everton, etc, etc.

Norwich dream of having those kinds of problems ;-)[/quote]Sorry, I forgot those extra 12,000 seats that we have empty in our stadium.....oh no we don''t because we sell out every week.  It''s impossible for us to match your attendances because your stadium is twice the size of ours.  I have no doubt that this season we would probably average something very similar to you, and considering the kind of area our fans come from (in regards to sparse population against a Tyne/Wear conurbation) that would be far more impressive than you filling the SoL.

[quote user="Boris Bear"]After reading on here the other day the almost unanimous views that Norwich would easily get at least a point and probably 3, now I come on to read the conspiracy theory that is that Norwich threw the game :)

Sunderland completely controlled the game, let Norwich play in their own half , pressured them when necessary, attacked with poise and pace tearing Norwich a new arsehole in the process and generally outclassed Norwich all over the pitch.

In all seriousness not a single one of the Norwich squad at the peak of their powers would get into the Sunderland team so have some humility, realise you''re new to the Prem, have a good way to go and have done really well, exceeding expectations this season.

Good luck for the rest of the season and please know your place ;-)[/quote]I think you might be going a bit far by saying none of our team wold get in their... Ruddy, Holt, Morrison, Whitbread.. Just to say a few.I put it out there.. Did people really think we wouldn''t be turned over a few times this year.. Of course we were going to.. It''s just about performing in the right matches. E.G Bolton on Saturday! That''s the one that''s really important.

"That''s the one that''s really important."absolute nonsenseAs much as Doris is an idiot Sunderland are far more likely to be competing for 7th or 8th spot than BoltonBolton look more likely to be amongst the relegation battlers.However we need to be winning every game. Only towards the last couple of games will we know who is standing between us and those higher places.

[quote user="Lambert is god"]

Hello Boris,

Nice to see you playing the naive WUM merchant. A thread title of "Deluded Canaries" and your references to inbreeding reveal your agenda.

You brought up the question about whose club is bigger. You seem to be like a few of the Leeds fans, who reckon their club is huge in a "Wow, look-at-the-size-of-mine sort of way.

Well, in 2004 your attendances were none too clever: typical attendance of 25,000.

Sunderland were in the Championship, I hear you say. Well, we averaged about the same in the Championship last season. And in League One.

Looks like you are very much like Leeds in that respect. The attendances only shot up when you''re sniffing the Premier League. As in the fact that you got 47,000 for your final league game of that season. Where we all your loyal supporters for the rest of the season?

Middlesborough did the same the last time they were in the Prem. Sell-out crowds, but their ground is now half-empty now they''re in the Champ.

North-Easterners would seem a very fickle lot. Do you have a spare Boro'' scarf in the cupboad, just to be on the safe side for the next time you go down?

Finally, you seem to have been on the forum all today. Or only just between visits to the Benefits office and Lidl?

[/quote]

To be fair mate my reference to inbreeding was to someone slagging me...........we averaged just under twenty nine thousand back in 2004.....dark days indeed.  You averaged twenty four thousand that same year in the division above us :D

Nice touch about the dole and Lidl.........I probably earn more than you

Well... I would personally hate to come on here with the club in the middle of a relegation battle.Fingers crossed everyone.

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Boris Bear"]

Norwich dream of having those kinds of problems ;-)[/quote]

Sorry, I forgot those extra 12,000 seats that we have empty in our stadium.....oh no we don''t because we sell out every week.  It''s impossible for us to match your attendances because your stadium is twice the size of ours.  I have no doubt that this season we would probably average something very similar to you, and considering the kind of area our fans come from (in regards to sparse population against a Tyne/Wear conurbation) that would be far more impressive than you filling the SoL.
[/quote]

Yes, we do also have a better stadium.....but even if you had more seats it''s unlikely that you would fill them.......recent years attendances have demonstrated that.  Not sure what you''re saying about the population either.......Sunderland has maybe a few thousand more people at most and Norfolk has more people in it than Wearside and Durham combined

Boris...

Why is it called the Stadium Of Light? Is that because you couldn''t think of anything original or perhaps some wierd wearside rhyming slang[:^)]

"Nice touch about the dole and Lidl.........I probably earn more than you"

Nicking wheels pays well, I understand. Or is it one of the public-sector jobs soon to be eliminated.

"Wearsiders", as in "Whear" have all the jobs gone? Suspect your massive t00l, sorry attendance, won''t look so impressive then.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Boris...

Why is it called the Stadium Of Light? Is that because you couldn''t think of anything original or perhaps some wierd wearside rhyming slang[:^)]

[/quote]

You would be hard pushed to find a mackem who was happy when they named it that

"Nice touch about the dole and Lidl.........I probably earn more than you"

Nicking wheels pays well, I understand. Or is it one of the public-sector jobs soon to be eliminated.

"Wearsiders", as in "Whear" have all the jobs gone? Suspect your massive t00l, sorry attendance, won''t look so impressive then.

[/quote]

Very good mate.....you must be related to Oscar Wilde.

No not public sector.  Worked in East Anglia recently (is Cambridgeshire in East Anglia) and had to make a number of people redundant......not nice having to send them back to the farm

"not nice having to send them back to the farm"

Sounds like the funny farm, if you had anything to do with it, Doris.

Still, I guess your humungous attendances gave you a warm glow. Either that or the gas & chemical fumes blowing in from Middlesborough.

"not nice having to send them back to the farm"

Sounds like the funny farm, if you had anything to do with it, Doris.

Still, I guess your humungous attendances gave you a warm glow. Either that or the gas & chemical fumes blowing in from Middlesborough.

[/quote]

Middlesbrough is 30 miles away mate......I don''t really know anything about it.

Getting back to the game last night that Bennett looks like a canny player...............wouldn''t get in our squad like

"Getting back to the game last night that Bennett looks like a canny player"

Not much of a judge of players, either. Bennett has actually been one of our poorer players.

Why exactly are your still trolling? Homework getting you down, or just the grimness up north?

"Getting back to the game last night that Bennett looks like a canny player"

Not much of a judge of players, either. Bennett has actually been one of our poorer players.

Why exactly are your still trolling? Homework getting you down, or just the grimness up north?

[/quote]

I''m enjoying yanking your chain mate.......surprisingly easy [;)]

Just say when you want to go back in your toybox [:D]

I''ve left the troll alone thus far, but he doesn''t seem too unreasonable so Im going to throw in my 2 cents.

For starters - yes we only took 810 away last night, and you may well average quadruple that away from home - so do we, but for a 510 mile round journey on a Weds night for a Sky game I think that''s ok - some people do work you know! I doubt you even brought that many to Carrow Road for the reverse weeknight televised game, although I can''t find the official figure.

You''re not a big club, whatever you may think, neither are we, despite some of our more delusional fans (and yes there is an element who thinks we are bigger than we are). We are both medium sized clubs, as pointed out by others, we would match your attendance if we had the capacity, but we don''t.

You were far superior in every respect last night, much like we tore you apart at Carrow Road. On the basis of the first game I could easily have said that none of the Sunderland team would make our squad, but I''m a little more intelligent than that, and realise that after watching one game all season, it''s hardly a sound basis for judgment. I would say probably 3 or 4 of our team would comfortably get in your squad and a few more borderline.

After an unbeaten January, holding Chelsea to a draw and decent away form, it was hardly "arrogant" of us to think we could get something from the game. Some fans were arrogant and assumed we would get soemthing, but don''t tar us all with the same brush, most of us were realistic and thought that a point would be a great result with the form your boys are in. It is arrogant of you to think you would turn us over, yes you did, but you have no right to expect to considering our achievements under Lambert.

I have nothing against Sunderland, and I''ve always had a soft spot for O''Neill but I think that you have ideals about your club which simply don''t ring true, you are not a big club with an illustrious history, you won everything in prehistoric times in footballing history and you are a medium club forever in the shadow of your Tyneside neighbours.

[quote user="Boris Bear"][quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Boris Bear"]

Norwich dream of having those kinds of problems ;-)[/quote]Sorry, I forgot those extra 12,000 seats that we have empty in our stadium.....oh no we don''t because we sell out every week.  It''s impossible for us to match your attendances because your stadium is twice the size of ours.  I have no doubt that this season we would probably average something very similar to you, and considering the kind of area our fans come from (in regards to sparse population against a Tyne/Wear conurbation) that would be far more impressive than you filling the SoL.[/quote]

Yes, we do also have a better stadium.....but even if you had more seats it''s unlikely that you would fill them.......recent years attendances have demonstrated that.  Not sure what you''re saying about the population either.......Sunderland has maybe a few thousand more people at most and Norfolk has more people in it than Wearside and Durham combined

[/quote]You''ve proved to me you''re an idiot, recent years attendances show that?  How can we fill a stadium without any more seats.  For the misinformed, I will let you know that our current capacity may be 27,000, but in L1 the capacity was more like 25,700.  So we have been filling our stadium week in week out for nigh on 9 years.Recent years attendances show that we sell out stadium out, all the time, so your point is worthless.  We probably could fill the extra seats.