Sign in to follow this  
Ernie

FA Cup taken seriously?

I must say how surprised I was at how many Premiership teams fielded such strong sides, Stoke, Swansea, Bolton, Wigan, Everton, us etc when more recently they would have fielded fringe/youth players etc.  Personally I am delighted we fielded such a strong side and are in the draw for the 4th round.  We''ve still got a week before we play WBA, we won convincinly against a good championship side and no one was injured win win all round!

[quote user="Ernie"]I must say how surprised I was at how many Premiership teams fielded such strong sides, Stoke, Swansea, Bolton, Wigan, Everton, us etc when more recently they would have fielded fringe/youth players etc.  Personally I am delighted we fielded such a strong side and are in the draw for the 4th round.  We''ve still got a week before we play WBA, we won convincinly against a good championship side and no one was injured win win all round![/quote]

Oh and forgot to mention the extra dosh!

[quote user="Ernie"]

Oh and forgot to mention the extra dosh!

[/quote]

The FAC always a difficult balancing act for clubs like Norwich, Ernie, particularly as where the money is involved. For example , it''s just as likely that we''ll be drawn  away at Swindon in rd 4 as it is we''ll get a game against the winners of the Manc derby, or Loiverpool/Spurs. With the best will in the world ,a trip to Wiltshire is not going to be a money-spinner.

But, I take your point in that what happened yesterday proved that we''ve progressed in the 12 months that we failed to beat Burnley twice in the Champ, and it also shows that we''ve got a strong squad, as any number of people could have played and we''d still have won. All in all very pleasing.

Also, winning is a good habit to get into. BUT........if we progress further in the Cup, but do not make much money out of it, and pick up some injuries/suspensions to boot, then things could look a whole lot less rosy, pretty quickly.