Sign in to follow this  
Bethnal Yellow and Green

Warnock been sacked

Wouldn''t be surprised if Colin has had his last job. At 63, he''s getting on a bit now and may well find that the media offers him something with less hassle. He never ever seemed at home in the Premiership.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]Actually, I don''t mind Colin - he''s a bit of a berk at times but says it as he sees it and that''s often refreshing.[/quote]

Agreed. He seems to have interests outside football, rather than being unhealthily obsessed with the game, and I would have been quite happy to have had him managing us in the past. That said, his performance over the Barton Affair, was a touch on the extreme side, even by his standards, but it doesn''t take a genius to imagine he knew he was in danger of being sacked and over-reacted.

Could work in our favour if it means QPR improve and take points from other teams underneath us.  After all we''ve had 6 points from them.  Could be similar to the Southampton effect when we were in League 1 - taking points from our rivals and not being a tthreat to us.   

Colin for 1p5wich? That would really be something to smile about.[:D]

[quote user="Armchair Follower"]Wouldn''t be surprised if Colin has had his last job. At 63, he''s getting on a bit now and may well find that the media offers him something with less hassle. He never ever seemed at home in the Premiership.[/quote]Agreed. I dont think he would make a bad pundit; I always despised Gary Neville but as a pundit he is usually right on the money.

[quote user="lake district canary"]

Could work in our favour if it means QPR improve and take points from other teams underneath us.  After all we''ve had 6 points from them.  Could be similar to the Southampton effect when we were in League 1 - taking points from our rivals and not being a tthreat to us.   

I''m not sure, he''s got a rather large number of promotions under his belt.

[/quote]

[quote user="lake district canary"]

[/quote] Actually TWTD has gone into meltdown they want Warnock there big time and see it as a bonus that he hates Norwich. Think i would rather see them stick with Jewell for now.

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]Asif the paupers think he''d go there lol.[/quote] Seems after Keane was sacked he made some comment about if he was not so close to promotion with QPR he would have walked to Ipswich for that job , they seem to think Warnock loves them .

Could we all just stop what we''re doing for the moment and take the time to remember the poor recently departed Colin and the very special part we played in his Premiership Managerial career.

QPR''S RECENT LEAGUE FORM

• 2 Jan: QPR 1-2 v Norwich City
  • 31 Dec: Arsenal 1-0 QPR
  • 27 Dec: Swansea 1-1 QPR
  • 21 Dec: QPR 2-3 v Sunderland
  • 18 Dec: QPR 0-2 Man Utd
  • 10 Dec: Liverpool 1-0 QPR
  • 3 Dec: QPR 1-1 v West Brom
  • 26 Nov: Norwich City 2-1 QPR

[quote user="Trent Canary"]Great picture on the BBC sport homepage..[/quote]

There''s a whole montage of him just screaming at people, completely sums him up.

Annoyingly, I think he will take a cushy job with the Media - giving him the ideal outlet to vent his anger and sour grapes against us and Bradley at every opportunity...

[quote user="1eed5canary"]Annoyingly, I think he will take a cushy job with the Media - giving him the ideal outlet to vent his anger and sour grapes against us and Bradley at every opportunity...
[/quote]

Move over hanson

One things for sure, he will be top of the list as soon as a manager is sacked in the Championship. With a CV that reads 7 promotions, no one can match that !

Ok. I don''t like the thought of any1 losing their job, but ffs were talking about COLIN! Who''s shown a total bias against city for a long time. My god, the media are bad enough about us now let alone if he gets let into their elite. Please Mr Colin sir, RETIRE! Or go 2 Japan or MLS or Timbuktu. Or 1p5wich so we only have 2 play u in the cup every 4 or 5 years. Ok rant over. Come on city 3 points Saturday so we can celebrate properly.

Twitter @highlandcanary

OTBC

I actually feel kinda sorry for him, it''s not like he''s doing that bad a job. He won the league with them last year for gods sake!

I don''t think he was doing badly enough to get sacked, however I do think he''s a to$$er and therefore do not feel sorry for him in the slightest.

Im glad we wont have to listen to his crying, whinging and blaming everyone else, every time his team loses for a while

I loved the comment about the takeover not coming earlier so he could have got the players he had targeted. If that isn''t saying ''the players I did get weren''t the ones I originally wanted, so had to settle for second (third?) best, cos I have only had this squad together for 4 months, so haven''t had enough time to mould them into a top Prem side'' then I don''t know what is!!  A smack in the wossanames for the current squad!

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]I actually feel kinda sorry for him, it''s not like he''s doing that bad a job. He won the league with them last year for gods sake![/quote]

Think that''s precisely the point AJW. It''s been said before on this forum, but it''s worth repeating, that Colin is a damn good manager in the lower leagues, and given the right circumstances ,for a short stint in the Champ, but he''s not, and never has been ,Premiership quality.  It was only a matter of time before the new régime at Loftus Rd realised that.  I was amazed that they did not do this earlier, but, as others have said, it''s taken a bit longer than usual for him to be rumbled.

Trouble is, I can see QPR moving up the table now under the guidance of someone who knows what he''s doing, which is bad news for us.

I think his card was marked from the time Big Tony took over. Warnock simply isn''t the sort of marquee name that Fernandes wants, so the 2 points out of 24 and comedy media outbursts were the required excuse to wield the axe. Clearly they are going to splash the cash in the window, and Fernandes wants his own appointment to be doing it.

Whoever comes in is going to have to take some hard decisions because there are some big egos in that dressing room and it''s clearly not a happy place.I don''t think a sudden rise up the table is necessarily a foregone conclusion by any means.

Another reason that he was sacked is that certain players that were targeted by QPR in the transfer market stated they did not want to play for Warnock, according to Talksport''s Micky Quinn.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Whoever comes in is going to have to take some hard decisions because there are some big egos in that dressing room and it''s clearly not a happy place.I don''t think a sudden rise up the table is necessarily a foregone conclusion by any means.

[/quote]

I agree with this. When the transfer window closed at the start of the season we had a fair few QPR fans visit us to boast about the ''experienced Premier League stars'' they were signing. At the time I said that I would take both our squad and the Swansea squad ahead of theirs which a couple of them seemed to find highly amusing. I wonder if they find it quite as funny now?

I must admit to being slightly fond of old Colin and although his constant whingeing is a bit much you will often find a modicum of truth at the heart of his moans. He just takes it all a bit too far.

Surely what he was doing with Barton was just standing up for one of his own, whether he believed it or not!

Before too many people knock the man and laugh about him possibly joining Ipswich they should realise that Ipswich are near enough in the same position as QPR were when he joined them in March 2010.

He also did a good job at Sheffield United, only loising his premiership position on goal difference and after Fulham beat Liverpool Reserves in a league match as they ''rested'' most of the team for the Champions League final and West Ham ''cheated'' with the Tevez affair.

Yes, he may say some outlandish things ............ but I find him entertaining. And I do not think he is a bad manager, certainly not at Championship level.

I disagree. What Lambert said about Johnson and Adeyami is sticking up for your players. Wranock accused other players of cheating, had goes at his own players and got headlines for his rants that Fergie would envy. There comes a point when that kind of public face damamges the credibility of the club and of the marketing brand.   Plus of course his appallingly ungracious attack on Lambert and the voters for not making Warnock Manager of the season makes the man a liability for a club seeking top notch credibility

Plus, he has 2 points in last 8 games, his style has antagonised some of his own players and new targets are not begging their clubs for the chance to talk to him.

The wonder is that he was rthere that long and taken so seriously.

But what if our board had done the same and got rid of Worthington at this stage.  Would the story have been different?

It wasn''t that many days ago, that I read somewhere a suggestion that Colin could be a credible candidate as England boss. If Harry goes down for Tax fraud in the next few weeks, can you imagine it?

Re: Warnock''s limitations...

''The best answer to the tactical query came from Rangers'' two games against Norwich City, in November and January, when in both cases QPR lost after Paul Lambert made substitutions and reconfigured his team, with almost immediate results, while Warnock failed to respond. In the game at Loftus Road, Norwich''s substitutions were followed by Clint Hill, the Rangers left-back, bellowing to the dug-out: "You''ve got to change it! It''s fucking five against four! They''ve got wing backs! You''ve got to change it." Change came there none, and moments later Norwich scored their winner.''

From...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/09/neil-warnock-loved-qpr?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29