Sign in to follow this  
SS3Canary

Matt Phillips

Has this lad been mentioned before? He''s the silent assassin of the Championship and scored another impressive brace at Fleetwood on Saturday.

Not an obvious signing so I wouldn''t have thought we''d have much competition should we table a bid.

I''d certainly take him over Snodgrass. Fits the Lambert mould.

Thoughts?

He''s been mentioned before and we have been linked with him before. I think he''s absolutely quality and I''d prefer him to Snodgrass. He''d cost a fair amount I imagine though, like everyone does in this window.

A very talented and exciting young player. Expect he''ll go on to play for a much bigger club than Blackpool (would be nice if it''s us).

From what I''ve seen of him he seems to tick all the boxes. Stocky, pacey, two-footed, great sense of gravity, and can clearly finish. Could see him slotting in nicely in a three-pronged attack.

I don''t think Snodgrass offers us anything better than that what we''ve already got. If we''re sniffing around Leeds then surely go for Howson.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="SS3Canary"]

...great sense of gravity...

[/quote]

Phrase of the day.

I think you mean balance.

[/quote]

Isn''t that what opposition fans accuse Grant Holt of having?[;)]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="SS3Canary"]

...great sense of gravity...

[/quote]

Phrase of the day.

I think you mean balance.

[/quote]

Isn''t that what opposition fans accuse Grant Holt of having?[;)]

[/quote]Good''un PC

Personally i would think he might tick alot of the boxes for us and is likely to be much cheaper than Jordan Rhodes but then again he hasnt got Rhodes record.

Given that Jackson is starting to score and hopefully Vaughan will be back before too long i''d think a couple of million is the most we are likely to pay for a further striker to offer something different.

Yeah I like the look of Phillips too, remember some one here suggesting him before he went to Blackpool. Anyone know why he spent the first part of the season on loan at Sheffield United though, seemed a bit strange to me.

[quote user="Darren Lamb" Yeah I like the look of Phillips too, remember some one here suggesting him before he went to Blackpool. Anyone know why he spent the first part of the season on loan at Sheffield United though, seemed a bit strange to me. quote]

A Blackpool supporting friend says Blackpool sent him out on loan because he was too lightweight. Apparently he went to Sheff U, filled out, got stronger and came back on fire.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Darren Lamb" Yeah I like the look of Phillips too, remember some one here suggesting him before he went to Blackpool. Anyone know why he spent the first part of the season on loan at Sheffield United though, seemed a bit strange to me. quote] A Blackpool supporting friend says Blackpool sent him out on loan because he was too lightweight. Apparently he went to Sheff U, filled out, got stronger and came back on fire.[/quote]

You''re sure he didn''t go to Tottenham?[;)]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Darren Lamb" Yeah I like the look of Phillips too, remember some one here suggesting him before he went to Blackpool. Anyone know why he spent the first part of the season on loan at Sheffield United though, seemed a bit strange to me. quote] A Blackpool supporting friend says Blackpool sent him out on loan because he was too lightweight. Apparently he went to Sheff U, filled out, got stronger and came back on fire.[/quote]

He''s definitely filled out unless ITV were screening the FA Cup hightlights in widescreen Saturday night!

Reminds me of a young Stan Collymore the way he plays the game.

Some data:

6'' tall

21 on the 13th March 2012

England U20 international

league                             cups

07 - 08     Wycombe                          1+2 apps   0 goals                      -

08 - 09     Wycombe                         18+19        3 goals               2 apps         1 goal

09 - 10     Wycombe                         18+18        5 goals               2+1              0

10 - 11     Wycombe                          1+2           0                        1                  0

Blackpool                         6+21          1 goal                 1                 0

11 - 12     Blackpool                         10+5           4 goals               1 app          3 goals

Sheffield Utd (loan)             5+1           5 goals                 -

Cost Blackpool £350k + £350k add ons