Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

westbrom 3 points in the league or beat them in the cup?

Following on from my recent post of would you take premier league survival or win the fa cup ? Which one would you take against westbrom? 3 points or into the next round? For me its the cup , why? Because with man city out and Liverpool v man u another big team leaving for the next round. If we win this one who knows? Both away from home so for me with us being sat on 25 points I still think we will pick up enough points before the seasons out. Of course we could win both. But which would you take? Wembley, wembley!!

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]Following on from my recent post of would you take premier league survival or win the fa cup ? Which one would you take against westbrom? 3 points or into the next round? For me its the cup , why? Because with man city out and Liverpool v man u another big team leaving for the next round. If we win this one who knows? Both away from home so for me with us being sat on 25 points I still think we will pick up enough points before the seasons out. Of course we could win both. But which would you take? Wembley, wembley!![/quote].........both are attainable for me.

League for me. I want us to pile our points up as fast as we can. If we beat them in the league, we might beat them in the cup as well.

I am sure this will come to no surprise if you have seen my post regarding cup game vs league status.

This is absolutely not even a question, those that think so I am sorry but I cannot even see this as a question. Thank god the league game is first.

It is 3 points. We are going to struggle to get a whole loads of wins in this league, and if you are gonig to beat a premiership team let it be in the league not in the cup.

Let me re-iterate I don''t expect a win at the Hawthorns next weekend, but I expect us to have prepared a bit this week and now to be fully focussed on an under-manned WBA that if we beat we send a statement by moving to 28 points. League is 110% priority on fans list and also on Lamberts and every other manager in the premiership from 20th- midtable. League survival is paramount, even over a cup win over a premiership team.

For me there is no question that we can beat WBA, and if we prepare properly we will pick up the points. But that is no given, I just simply believe we have a fantastic opportunity to get a third away win if we play to our potential.

I am not even going to look at the cup game, the league is paramount. I would be pretty sick if we lost or draw in the league and then got a draw at the hawthorns or beat them. Cup run can breed confidence, but points bring the status and financial reward. Our time for a trip to Wembey in recent years was the Johnstones Paint Trophy, I still believe that would have been a great final to go to. You never want to go to the play off final at wembley to much at stake and Cup competitions are for the rich boys and as Brum found out can mask a very poor poor season.

Roll on next Saturday and god if we are fully prepared and execute then we have a great opportunity to beat WBA in the league. Sorry for me not even a question.

League, especially as I have a nice bet on the handicap at 20/1 and we have 70 points at the moment !!  [:D]

Honestly have to say cup.

Yes i want to stay in the league obviously and confident we will do so.

The way the cup is shaping up it looks too good an opp to not go for it.

City are gone, Utd or Liverpool will fall and Arsenal face a tough tie against Villa leaving only Chelsea and Spurs with "easy" passage (although QPR likely to be in "honeymoon period" now Warnock is gone).

I''m not saying we''re going to win it but just feel we could get quite far and am confident enough we''ll stay up anyway that i''d take the cup win over the three points.

Would love both though!

3 points are more important imo , even on the assumption we will stay up , each final league position is worth half a million i believe .

Both. Like I said last time...

But I know that wasn''t really playing to the rules so this time I will choose.

CUP!

It''s a no brainer for me. We can get the three points somewhere else. Our season won''t make or break over 3 points against WBA. But if we lose the cup game we''re out and the "cup run" is over.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Our season won''t make or break over 3 points against WBA. 

[/quote]

Although the 3 points may not make or break the season, to get to 28 points by half way through January would be a big boost to our season.

In this case I would go for the 3 points.    The cup would have to wait another year......

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Our season won''t make or break over 3 points against WBA. 

[/quote]

Although the 3 points may not make or break the season, to get to 28 points by half way through January would be a big boost to our season.

In this case I would go for the 3 points.    The cup would have to wait another year......

[/quote]

But if this is our year for the cup 3 points is a small price to pay. I''d give 3 points back right now just to reach the final[:O]

But surely you will say the same next season LDC and the season after and the season after that? With man city out and one of Liverpool / man utd to go. We have a good chance. We now know on our day we can give most teams a game in the premier. We might not have as good a chance in the future

Guys, the question might not arise next year - favourable home draws to lower league opposition would be more auspicious than playing close rivals in the premiership.   Leave the prem clubs till the later rounds when league position is consolidated..........

Each year is different - this year - I would go for the three points.

( Caveat - I still think we can win both games! [:)] )

Although on the first question my answer was to win the FA Cup my reply to this question is win in the League, as we are still along way from the final.

In a way it is not so much either-or but both or neither. If we take the 3 points, then I see no reason why shouldn''t we keep going on in the cup, whereas if we lose or draw, then we should probably focus on the league. 

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]In a way it is not so much either-or but both or neither. If we take the 3 points, then I see no reason why shouldn''t we keep going on in the cup, whereas if we lose or draw, then we should probably focus on the league. 
[/quote]

Everyone including myself would want both, I think we have a great chance of taking 3 points on Saturday, and then for the cup sent out a good side with a very strong bench and look for the draw then put out the team to kill them off at Carrow Rd. WBA aren''t invincable they have players on the Iffy list so have we but we are in a better position than them,