Sign in to follow this  
Michael Bates

Norwich interested in signing Egyptian Striker Gedo

Norwich are apparently interested on Gedo the Egysptian striker, along with many rival clubs of the premierleague according to sky sports.

Was top goalscorer in jan 2010 African cup of nations..

That chance may arrive during the current window, with Menzo Messaoudi, director of Gedo''s UK representatives Premier Pro, telling Sky Sports that he has been in contact with West Brom, Swansea, Wigan, Everton, Blackburn, Norwich and Wolves.

That seems to suggest that they have been on contact with us, not the other way round. Can''t see it being anything other then an agent trying drum up some interest.

"according to sky sports"about as accurate and reliable as BW

Wow!

If we land him then we really have arrived. A couple  seasons with us and we may have a thirty millioner on our hands.

The level of those games is open to question, but worth a risk surely? 

Having just had another look, it''s all happening in big stadia with big crowds so the level is high.

Conclusion: "We''ll be lucky."

No cynical remarks from me, just a shot of reality.

To be honest he is a good player and definately Prem quality, I have seen quite a bit of Egyptian football while travelling and the few players that stand out are pretty decent. But as others have said, probably not a Lambert signing....

"

Sky Sources are usually quite reliable tbh"err, noAlmost everyone one of their City ''rumours'' prove falseEmploying a couple of teenagers and a few interns to trawl the web is NOT a reliable sourceHere''s a suggestion - track the rumours/stories they put up this month about us and then check how many turn out to be truePretty much as many as previous months - zilch !

I wouldn''t be happy at this stage with a small squad about signing players that have potential problems of fasting during Ramadan and that could also be missing for weeks in Jan/Feb for the African Nations Cup.

I can see Lambert looking abroad to find that extra bit of quality to add to the side but this seems a bit left-field for him & I can''t see him signing somebody from a totally different culture with little experience of European football.

I''m not going to comment on the likelihood of this signing or even my opinion on him - just to point out to posters who are unaware that the linked youtube video is his goals from the ANC 2010 so the level is International football - make of that what you will, but it''s not a highlights reel from the Egyptian league.

[quote user="paul moy"]I wouldn''t be happy at this stage with a small squad about signing players that have potential problems of fasting during Ramadan.....[/quote]I miss the annual Youssef Safri Ramadan thread [:''(][:''(][:''(][:''(]

[;)]

Doesn''t seem to have done much before or after that tournament and is not especially young.  It seems he was a late call up to the squad and was mainly used as an impact sub but ended up as top scorer.  Reminds me very much of Toto Schillachi story at the 1990 world cup.

I watched the video, the one in Angola, he scored a few goals, on a bit of a roller. But, you see, there''s no tricks and flicks, no overhead kicks and he only got five, that''s one short of six.