Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

how many league grounds have people done on here?...

I''ve seen Norwich play at two other grounds :( Portman Road, and Stamford Bridge... I''ve been to Wembley twice though, and also seen Chelsea play Spurs at Stamford Bridge.

My Grandad''s never been on away games, and I just haven''t had the enthusiasm (or money as of late) to go on my own, or find anyone else to go with. Should really start trying to get to away games.

" just evoke a certain memory of colour, noise, smells and emotions."much as many of the outdoor loos did

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]I loved it at bristol rovers a couple of years ago you could go to the toilet and watch the game at the same time![/quote]

Funny that.

Three points EVERY time as that''s the future, not ephemeral glory.

Who won the Cup last year? For the life of me, I cannot remember. Chelsea, Man. U.?  

"you could go to the toilet and watch the game at the same time!"

you used to be able to in the old Barclay before they put the seats in..... mostly as a necessity

77 of the current 92, plus 5 in the Conference, although Arsenal, Barnet and Mansfield were for non-City games.

Add to that grounds that are no longer around...Highbury, Roker Park, Ayresome Park, Burnden Park, Stoke''s Victoria Park, The Dell, Elm Park Reading, Baseball Ground, Filbert Street, Brighton''s Athletic Ground, The Old Den, Plough Lane, Oxford''s Manor Ground, Feethams (Darlington)...think that''s about it!!

Plus Arnheim and the Guiseppe Meaza in Milan (yes, I missed Bayern away), Wembley old and new plus the Millenium Stadium.

Of the current 92 league grounds, in addition to Carrow Rd I have been to:

Villa Park

Hawthorns

Portman Rd

White Hart Lane

Hillsborough

Anfield

Stadium of Light

Madjeski Stadium

Pride Park

City Ground

Selhurst Park

Brisbane Road

I have also been to the following "old" grounds:

Maine Rd - Man City

The Vetch - Swansea

The Dell - Southampton

Elm Park - Reading

The Baseball Ground - Derby

Bootham Crescent - Hull

Filbert Street - Leicester

Goldstone Ground - Brighton

The Manor Ground - Oxford

Millmoor - Rotherham

Have also been to the following who are no longer in the league (Makes you realise how your football fortunes can change)

Wrexham

Luton

Mansfield

Cambridge Utd

Grimsby

And finally saw Norwich gain promotion on a Rugby League ground (Osdal, Bradford) and have been to Wembley x 2, Millenium Stadium, Tynecastle (Hearts), Easter Rd (Hibs), SV Hamburg, Athletico Bilbao, Racing Valladolid and RKC Waalwijk

Including several old grounds that have been lost its 77 to watch Norwich play plus the New Wembley. 78 in total. Should add The Emirates this year.

ArsenalHighbury 
Aston VillaVilla Park 
BarnsleyOakwell 
Birmingham CitySt Andrews 
Blackburn RoversEwood Park 
BlackpoolBloomfield Road 
Bolton WanderersReebok Stadium 
Brighton & Hove AlbionGoldestoneWithdean
Bristol CityAshton Gate 
Bristol RoversMemorial Ground 
BurnleyTurf Moor 
Cardiff CityCardiff City Stadium 
Carlisle UnitedBrunton Park 
Charlton AthleticThe Valley 
ChelseaStamford Bridge 
Colchester UnitedCommunity StadiumLayer Road
Coventry CityRicoh ArenaHighfield Road
Crewe AlexandraGresty Road 
Crystal PalaceSelhurst Park 
Derby CountyPride ParkBaseball Ground
Doncaster RoversKeepmoat Stadium 
EvertonGoodison Park 
Exeter CitySt James Park (Exeter) 
FulhamCraven Cottage 
Huddersfield TownMcAlpine Stadium 
Hull CityKC Stadium 
Ipswich TownPortman Road 
Leicester CityWalkers StadiumFilbert Street
Leyton OrientBrisbane Road 
LiverpoolAnfield 
Manchester CityCity of Manchester Stadium 
Manchester UnitedOld Trafford 
MillwallNew Den 
MK DonsNational Hockey Stadium 
Newcastle UnitedSt James Park 
Norwich CityCarrow Road 
Nottingham ForestCity Ground 
Oldham AthleticBoundary Park 
Peterborough UnitedLondon Road 
Plymouth ArgyleHome Park 
PortsmouthFratton Park 
Queens Park RangersLoftus Road 
ReadingMadejski Stadium 
Rotherham UnitedMillmour 
Scunthorpe UnitedGlanford Park 
Sheffield UnitedBramall Lane 
Sheffield WednesdayHillsborough 
SouthamptonSt Marys Stadium 
Southend UnitedRoots Hall 
Stoke CityBritannia StadiumVictoria Ground
SunderlandStadium of Light 
Swansea CityLiberty Stadium 
Swindon TownCounty Ground 
Torquay UnitedPlainmoor 
Tottenham HotspurWhite Hart Lane 
Tranmere RoversPrenton Park 
WalsallBescot Stadium 
WatfordVicarage Road 
West Bromwich AlbionThe Hawthorns 
West Ham UnitedBoleyn Ground 
Wigan AthleticDW Stadium 
Wolverhampton WanderersMolineux 
Wycombe WanderersAdams Park 
Yeovil TownHuish  
Cambridge UnitedAbbey  
Millenium Stadium  
Old Wembley  
New Wembley  
Luton Kenilworth Road 
Stockport CountyOld Trafford 
TamworthLamb Ground 
GrimsbyBlundell Park 

NCFC wise I''m on 29, so will joining the 30''s club this weekend at the hawthorns, + a few more glamorous stadia watching the home teams Osasuna (my personal fave), Athletico, Celta Vigo, Depotivo, Real Madrid, Sevilla, Valencia, Barca, (I spent a lot of weekends in Spain) and lets not forget the most glamorous of all and Princes park & Dartford FC.

Just to add to my list from earlier, I''ve also been to Wembley (old & new), Millennium Stadium Cardiff, Vitesse, Bayern, and Inter (Europe 93), The Caledonian Stadium Inverness, and Crown Meadow Lowestoft!

Tamworth is a collectors itemWondered what ground might be on '' death row'' ie about to be replacedThere does seem to have been a pause in new grounds recently, not sure if it is the financial climate - or just that those who were needing a new ground did so and most others are happy with their lotOnly one that springs to me is Oldham, whose ground sits on a large amount of open space and the talk at the last game we played there was that they were due to move down the hill to a new ground ......... at some point

Jbghost, thats an impressive list of grounds you''ve attended. All 0-0 draws though? at least you can say you''re persistent! Keep going fella - one day you''ll see a goal!

I was at Tamworth.

When I checked it last on the FB App. I had watched the Canaries at 78 different grounds. 66 are in the current 92.

Oh... and I had a pee whilst watching the game at Highbury the night Graham Paddon scored a hat-trick[:O]

[quote user="City1st"]Tamworth is a collectors item

Wondered what ground might be on '' death row'' ie about to be replaced

There does seem to have been a pause in new grounds recently, not sure if it is the financial climate - or just that those who were needing a new ground did so and most others are happy with their lot

Only one that springs to me is Oldham, whose ground sits on a large amount of open space and the talk at the last game we played there was that they were due to move down the hill to a new ground ......... at some point

[/quote]

Portman Road[:^)]

[quote user="City1st"]Tamworth is a collectors itemWondered what ground might be on '' death row'' ie about to be replacedThere does seem to have been a pause in new grounds recently, not sure if it is the financial climate - or just that those who were needing a new ground did so and most others are happy with their lotOnly one that springs to me is Oldham, whose ground sits on a large amount of open space and the talk at the last game we played there was that they were due to move down the hill to a new ground ......... at some point[/quote]Barnet are set to leave Underhill, which reminds me I must check the fixtures to see if I can get there for a game that doesn''t clash with us. Want to go before they leave.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16183581.stm

[quote user="Bryangunnshairline"]I loved it at bristol rovers a couple of years ago you could go to the toilet and watch the game at the same time![/quote]Apart from the obvious '' roll up programme and pee on a packed terrace '' you could do the same at Wimbledon''s old Plough Lane ground. they installed a couple of Portakabin loos on the corner or the away terrace which had a great view of the pitch.Plough Lane was such a dump it was better to stay in the warm '' executive box '' than freeze your wotsits off outside....  

I''ve probably done around 65 League grounds, old and new, and would probably have done a few more but kids got in the way [:)]Those grounds, apart from Exeter and Burton Albion, have all involved City as I''m not really interested in watching neutral matches. That does mean that unless I want to see us plummet back into the lower reaches of the League then, Emirates excepted, I''m unlikely to see many more anytime soon....

"Oh... and I had a pee whilst watching the game at Highbury the night Graham Paddon scored a hat-trick"it was almost something a bit more ''tangible'' at the Den in ''75 !

[quote user="spencer 1970"]Jbghost, thats an impressive list of grounds you''ve attended. All 0-0 draws though? at least you can say you''re persistent! Keep going fella - one day you''ll see a goal![/quote]

Don''t know what happened there. Copied and pasted from a spreadsheet and ended up with all sorts of strange formatting.  Up until a couple of years ago any away game which we got a nil nil draw would have been considered a major success!!

Carrow Road (Obviously)Selhurst Park (3 Times!!! Christ knows why!)Portman Road (Ippo V Palace)Meadow Lane (County V Someone else)Crown Meadow (Lowie V Norwich friendly)New Wembley (Lowie FA Trophy Final)Hampden Park (Twice - once for a Queens Park game with about 200 people in it, and the other packed to the rafters for a Celtic game!)So..... Not many..... [:$]

I am on 82 of the current 92 and well over 110 in total with all the clubs moves.  Around 75 with Norwich.

I have been trying to finish this for the last few seasons since we were in L1 but it is a bit of a challange from Norwich.  I have Oxford, Aldershot and Macclesfield lined up before the year is out which will get me to 85, then Ill see what the ups and downs bring, certainly hoping to do Rotherham (new) and Cheltenham early next season.

PL - Man Utd, Liverpool, Swansea, Norwich, Villa, Bolton, Wigan

Ch - Southampton, West Ham, Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Leeds, Derby, Burnley, Watford, Doncaster

L1 - Charlton, Sheff Wed, Huddersfield, Carlisle, Brentford, Bury, Hartlepool, Preston, Oldham, Leyton Orient, Tranmere, Scunthorpe, Walsall, Rochdale

L2 - Southend, Gillingham, Port Vale

Other - Wembley, Stockport, Letna (Sparta Prague), Stadion Eden (Slavia Prague), Nou Camp, Stadio Olympico (Roma), Gamla Ullevi (Stockholm), Stade Tourbillon (FC Sion), Kadriorg Stadium (Tallinn, Estonia) - see the link for the full story on the game that never was http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story/_/id/965576/rewind-to-1996:-there''s-only-one-team-in-tallinn?cc=5739 One way for Scotland to avoid defeat anyway.

Scotland - 50 something grounds between current grounds, defunct grounds, highland and non league

Not bad for a Norwich supporter based in Perthshire, Scotland? Hope to add Newcastle, Blackburn and Stoke before this season is out.