Sign in to follow this  
Hog

Does anybody else wish.....

I know it can work both ways but just sometimes I wish we knew a little bit more about what was going on with transfer dealings, they don''t have to name people, just say we are in talks with an unnamed striker etc. Other clubs do it all the time, some even name the players involved which personally I think is foolish. First Lambert was saying the boys definately need a hand, staying in the division would mean spending etc...now the latest is that he may not buy anyone. I hate to sound like Wiz but I just fear that maybe his targets have been out of reach and we will end up "trying to survive on the cheap"1 again......

1: First Wizard

But if the players to give us a hand are not available isn''t it better to keep the money for later rather than spend it elsewhere.

If the club tries to do things"on the cheap" then Mr Lambert will walk away.

I''m sure there is a strategy in place for players being looked at for next season in the Premier League as well as a January boost.

Having Lambert in charge means as a fan you just let him do his stuff.No worries!

H

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

But if the players to give us a hand are not available isn''t it better to keep the money for later rather than spend it elsewhere.

[/quote]

Not if we get relegated

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Not if we get relegated

[/quote]

So it would be better to be relegated with players we didn''t really want? [*-)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Not if we get relegated

[/quote]

So it would be better to be relegated with players we didn''t really want? [*-)]

[/quote]

Why would we sign players we don''t want? 

So we''d definitely get relegated either way.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

If the players to give us a hand are not available.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d imagine we could find somebody who''d give us a hand.  We''d have to find new targets as we did with the whole CMS debacle.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''d imagine we could find somebody who''d give us a hand.  We''d have to find new targets as we did with the whole CMS debacle.

[/quote]

So just as long as we spend the money regardless all will be ok.

I''ve just been to the shop after aniseed balls. They had none available so I bought mint imperials. I haven''t opened them because I don''t like them. But at least I spent the money...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve just been to the shop after aniseed balls. They had none available so I bought mint imperials. I haven''t opened them because I don''t like them. But at least I spent the money...

[/quote]

That''s not what I said.

How many games has CMS played for us?

And instead of CMS we got Wilbraham.......enough said really

But I''m not saying spend for the sake of it, I''m saying feed us the odd bit of news........

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not what I said.

[/quote]

Who did we sign as second choice to CMS? The only deal I remember being rumoured was a loan deal last March leading to a permanent.

Do you like mint imperials? Still unopened....

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not what I said.

[/quote]

Who did we sign as second choice to CMS? The only deal I remember being rumoured was a loan deal last March leading to a permanent.

[/quote]

If Hog is right, initially Wilberforce.  Then subsequently Morison.

Thing is too we have played both of them, so you should grit your teeth, clench your fists and open the mints and suck on a gobful![:)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not what I said.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thing is too we have played both of them, so you should grit your teeth, clench your fists and open the mints and suck on a gobful![:)]

[/quote]

So it''s ok to keep the money because we still have Wilbraham?

Had we done the CMS deal the player we may not have signed was Vaughan.

Just because it''s a transfer window we don''t have to sign anyone. And if the players we want are not available why should we spend the money anyway? We''ll end up with a Peter Grant team if we carry on that way.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not what I said.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Just because it''s a transfer window we don''t have to sign anyone. And if the players we want are not available why should we spend the money anyway? We''ll end up with a Peter Grant team if we carry on that way.

[/quote]

Keep what money?

Well, yes we certainly wouldn''t have signed both Vaughan and Morison.

Yes we don''t just have to sign someone for the sake of it, which isn''t what I''m saying. 

So, for e.g. imagine if you will, Snodgrass is one of our targets, but Leeds won''t take less than £6m, we can''t afford him.  With 21 days left of the transfer window we just say ah well, and don''t bother looking at other possibilities?

This is the one window I''m really not arsed about. I think we have a good enough team to get over the line and have a decent cup run. To step up and buy better its gonna cost a few bob and will prob be done in the summer. I notice Ferguson is not keen on this window either.

If we buy nobody its because we cannot afford the fee''s , those players will not be much cheaper come the summer , i''m afraid the days of signing Premier class players for 1 or 2 million has long gone , you really have to wonder if the club has the financial clout to compete at this level .

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s not what I said.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Keep what money?

Well, yes we certainly wouldn''t have signed both Vaughan and Morison.

Yes we don''t just have to sign someone for the sake of it, which isn''t what I''m saying. 

So, for e.g. imagine if you will, Snodgrass is one of our targets, but Leeds won''t take less than £6m, we can''t afford him.  With 21 days left of the transfer window we just say ah well, and don''t bother looking at other possibilities?

[/quote]

No Slim. What I said originally was : -

But if the players to give us a hand are not available isn''t it better to keep the money for later rather than spend it elsewhere

Now I''m not saying that''s going to happen. But it could happen. So if Lambert has an A list, B list, C list and so on at what point would you go with what we''ve got?

"I''m saying feed us the odd bit of news......."why ?Since when have the club been accountable to a handful of halfwits and clost binners on a local forum ?

ahhh yes, now I remember why I stopped posting on here. Really no need for cheap insults when somebody expresses a harmless opinion.

the problem with the january window clubs won''t sell a player until they have a replacement for him. this replacements club won''t sell him until they in turn have a replacement lined up. etc etc etc , so i don''t expect anything to happen until the last few days, or even hours of the window. something will happen before the first of never.

If Wilbraham goes and Martin stays out on loan, City will surely need to get another striker in. I think Bennett has done a good job at the point of the diamond in recent games (a position he played for Brighton previously), so I am less concerned about back-up for Hoolahan. A holding or attacking mid-fielder would be a useful addition perhaps, but I think that the squad is sound overall and certainly capable of surviving at the very least. 3 wins and 6 draws and 9 losses would produce 40 points and comfortable survival IMO.

[quote user="Hannibal"]God your full of Cheer Slim remind me never to invite you to a party![/quote]

What, for saying we just won''t stop or shouldn''t looking if the target identified first isn''t available?

Invite Nutty to your party.  I''m sure he''ll bring the chianti[;)]

"I notice Ferguson is not keen on this window either."

The very same manager that signed Evra and Vidic in the Jan transfer window? mmm?

I too think its a farce and believe we can carry on as is. The theory that players need to be keep on their toes will still happen at NCFC regardless of whether we bring anyone in.

Aniseed balls replaced with mint imperials Nutty? Why didnt the store have cough candies? Surely a closer replacement. ;0)

Party[<:o)][Y]

Who''s having a party[:^)] I didn''t get an invite[:''(]

I invited you all to my party before Christmas but no one on this thread bothered to come. It was free too. Venue, music, quiz, buffet all for nowt. Only drink had to be paid for and I gave discount on that! I don''t think many of you trusted me and thought I''d charge you to leave or something[^o)]

Spencer - they offered cough candy but it was cheaper and I didn''t want it anyway. If I couldn''t get what I wanted I still wanted to spend the whole budget and mint imperials were the same price as the aniseed balls I wanted. I still haven''t opened them! Maybe I can give them away when the summer window opens.