Sign in to follow this  
Feel The Force

The Trojan Wheelie Bin

Reports are that the scum are after Wheelie Bin. How great would it be for them to sign a striker who won''t score any goals. We''d have to honour him in our hall of fame as the player that took the scum down.

When was a bit of scum-bashing ever a waste of a post ;-) In all seriousness though, do we really need a player that''s never going to challenge for a first team place?

[quote user="General Melchett"]When was a bit of scum-bashing ever a waste of a post ;-) In all seriousness though, do we really need a player that''s never going to challenge for a first team place?[/quote]

How many games has Wilbraham been within the 1st team squad this season? Quite a number if you can be bothered to look but no, it''s another let''s bash one of our own. St Paul obviously feels that he has a role to play.

I''m going to be one of minority here.

I don''t think we can really judge the lad as he hasn''t played a lot.

When he joined i said i''d give him 10 games before i judged him and he was then coming to the end of the 10 games and got injured but i was starting to like what i saw.

Seeing him on Saturday for 10 minutes he looked to have a decent touch and good at holding the ball up.

I''m not saying we should see more of him because, it may sound contradictory, but i don''t think he''s good enough for the Premier League. I do, however, think he''d be a decent signing for a mid-table/lower half Championship side and think he could get a few goals for that awful side down the road.

I think we were promoted too soon for him.  Sounds daft, but I believe he was brought in to basically ''help out'' while we were in the Championship.  Lambert has stuck by him probably because he knuckles down and don''t whinge and he''s there for an absolute emergency.Having said that, if somebody makes an offer for him (binners maybe) I can''t see anybody standing in his way to go if he wanted to as it his age it''d be his last be pay day as it were.Anyway it isn''t his fault Lambert bought him, so it''s unfair if he becomes the whipping boy.

[quote user="General Melchett"]When was a bit of scum-bashing ever a waste of a post ;-) In all seriousness though, do we really need a player that''s never going to challenge for a first team place?[/quote]Wilbrahimovic isn''t scum, and you bashed him more than anyone else. He may not be the best player in the world, but he helped us get promoted to the Premier League.

I wish people would stop bashing Wilbraham. If you go and watch the bloody reserves you''d see the quality he has. He''s scored in practically every Reserve game I''ve been to at Carrow Road this season. He deserves his chance if and when he is called upon.

[quote user="WilbrahamLeague2"]"helped"

I wouldn''t say he helped because he''s only scored one goal for us, ever.

I''d rather have Chris Martin on the bench than Aaron Wilbraham.[/quote]The only thing thats League Two around here is the quality of your posts.

The goal he scored for us - that''s precisely why I would say he helped. That and the couple assists for crucial late goals he chipped in with.A lot more help than some dull-brained supporters who like to demean their own players. Fair enough, say he isn''t good enough for the Premiership, but that doesn''t mean we have to slag him off with our username, come up with negative nick names like we hate the bloke.

[quote user="Cantiaci Canary"]We haven''t seen much of Wilbo because (fortunately) Holt and Morison have so far steered clear of suspensions and injuries.[/quote] This [Y]

As I''ve said on other anti-Wilbraham threads - and I get fed up with this - do your research before you thoughtlessly slag off one of our players.

He is a strong member of the squad - do you hear dimbos?   He''s a squad member.  A squad that is doing well, in case you hadn''t noticed.

Fortunately, there are plenty of people who do know what is going on at our club, unlike the OP and his cohorts  - W=L2 for one (what kind of supporter comes on with a name like that?). 

While I do not condone any of this wheelie bashing, I can''t help but laugh at the suggestion of a Trojan Wheelie Bin. Too many mental images, and oh so fitting for "the binners"!!

"

Reports are that the scum are after Wheelie Bin"what reports ?Infantile nonsense from football ''rumour'' websites ?mayne that''s why you are posting this under one of your many aliases

[quote user="AJ Wizard"]I wish people would stop bashing Wilbraham. If you go and watch the bloody reserves you''d see the quality he has. He''s scored in practically every Reserve game I''ve been to at Carrow Road this season. He deserves his chance if and when he is called upon.[/quote]

Agreed. When he played against Man U reserves, he looked good and also scored. But, saying that, it is the reserves. He''s a useful player but when Vaughan comes back we''ll see less and less of him.

I don''t understand why we would want to help them in any way shap or form?.....and certainly not for the sake of £75k.

If he goes there and is the "trojan horse" that you suggest and doesn''t score any goals, then they would drop him and not play him anyway, without losing too much money in the process, if on the other hand he does score goals, we''ve helped them out for a pittance of a transfer fee in return.

Whatever people''s views are on Wilbraham , if he''s somebody that they want, that should be a reason in itself to not let them have it, in the name of spite if nothing else!!!!

These player bashing (specifically Wilbraham bashing) threads are getting on my nerves.

I''ll agree, he is perhaps out of his depth at this level

But what people don''t seem to understand is; Wilbraham was brought in to do a ''job for the team''.

He''ll never score a load of goals, skin players or do anything particularly exciting but what he does do & specifically last season in our strong run x-mas-easter was;

hold the ball up

win headers

work hard

You only had to go to a few away games last season, to see that. Boro, Leeds & Leicester for example in particular were tough away games where he played a massive role in picking up points.

Also in home games where we were trailing or level, he was useful when we went direct and pumped balls into the box.

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="WilbrahamLeague2"]"helped"

I wouldn''t say he helped because he''s only scored one goal for us, ever.

I''d rather have Chris Martin on the bench than Aaron Wilbraham.[/quote]The only thing thats League Two around here is the quality of your posts.[/quote]I too think calling yourself that name is pathetic. Of all the potential combination of words in the entire English language you could use as a user name, you decide to choose one which specifically denigrates one of our players. Awful.Wilbraham has never let us down, and I am very pleased to have him in the squad.I know players shouldn''t let what is said about them get them down or pay attention to it, but do you honestly think that Wilbraham is not aware of the amount of stupid, petty vitriol which is thrown his way for no reason other than him being the least high-profile of our players. It is entirely self-defeating. It is lucky for us that Wilbraham doesn''t seem to be a "confidence player", but the fact that a large section of the club''s fans spend a large amount of time slagging off his ability to play football is hardly a confidence-booster. With other players it would directly affect their performance, and we have seen this happen before with other boo-boys at the club.I''ll say it again. You (W=L2) are pathetic, as are all the other Wilbraham-bashers on here. The guy has been bought by the club to do a job. He is doing that job. He hasn''t let us down. Lambert is happy with him. We should be happy too.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]How many of these people having a go at the people for ''bashing'' Wilberforce, themselves ''bashed'' Cody?[:^)][/quote]thank god Andy Bishop doesnt play for us!

You can watch the reserve highlights on Canary player online too.

I''ve never been into bashing our own players anyway. But watching the highlights, he''s not that bad a player as most of you make out.

Scored a good goal against Villa reserves.

If we had a star striker being kept off the bench due to Wilbraham''s presence there, I''d understand some of the concern, but you could have a worse reserve than Wilbers.

In fact, go and watch the Swansea reserve game highlights. He has a great game, and scores again.

(double post, but I can''t edit my older one)