Sign in to follow this  
Big A

Palace and Johnson should be ashamed

No wonder he''s got so many bloody goals this season when he dives EVERY time he gets in the box.

I really wish i could swear right now!!!!

They and he should be ashamed. It''s called cheating and its not in the spirit of the game, no matter how important it is.
I hope he never plays for England again. I''d be embaressed to see him throwing himself to the ground every time a defender gets near him. That kind of rubbish should stay in Italy where it belongs.

Fact is, we shouldn''t have put ourselves in a position where that penalty mattered.

If you go 3-1 up you have to go in search of a fourth, i''m not saying commit everyone forward, but the last thing you do is sit back and let the team who has nothing to lose have all the possession becuase this is what happens.

I''m really disapointed, this has undone alot of the hard work of last week.

[quote]Fact is, we shouldn''t have put ourselves in a position where that penalty mattered. If you go 3-1 up you have to go in search of a fourth, i''m not saying commit everyone forward, but the last thing ...[/quote]

Well if you listen to worthy that was our problem , the midfield went walkabouts looking for another goal instead of holding firm in the middle leaving our back 4 exposed.

I did say not everyone pile forward, i just meant that the attack should stay firm and not be tempted to drop back too deep and not provide themselves as an outlet!!

John Gregory made out that palace had us pegged back!! Either way i''m really disapointed I thought we were going to get the result today but we are always that little bit lacking!!

The last thing you should do is look for a fourth goal when you''re 3-1 up and 20 mins to go. Worthy should have taken a striker off (probably McKenzie as Ashton''s a better target man) and put Jonson or Holt on to shore up the midfield perhaps sticking Safri in front of the back four and then squeezed Palace by keeping possession. But as we haven''t done that all season why should this afternoon have been any different. At least we''re still in touch with winnable games to come so keep the faith.

gregory was talking rubbish, i watched the game and they were only on top of us for the last 20 minutes, he made it sound like all 90

Quote from NW on five live "A good game between two honest teams."

The rest of the interview was good (he critised how we defended, admited that Palace should of had a penalty earlier in the game (ie Safri handball), praised the developing partnership between Leon and Deano and that we can stay up!)

Juat heard worthy on radio norfolk he says its a point gained, sorry im not with you on this one it was two points lost as far as im concerned .Just a pity we couldnt hold out as saints lost but i still think its going all the way to the last game OTBC

Same old Worthington story.  We saw it two years ago in Cardiff.  SIT BACK!  When will people suss the man out.  Every time it happens.  But....... I bet the players showed CHARACTER, HONESTY and WORKRATE!!!!!  mugs

P.S.  Johnson is a cheating so and so, but again we should never have been put in that position.

and so we turn back to the question of having video replays for ref''s to watch, and/or the subject of how to stop diving.

I thought if a player dives he gets a yellow card..... obviously not......

Fair play to you guys for making a gane of it but the fact is and even your worthington said that we should of had more than one penalty.

[quote]gregory was talking rubbish, i watched the game and they were only on top of us for the last 20 minutes, he made it sound like all 90[/quote]

Agree the first 15 mins and the last 20 , apart from that we were in control, what a useless pundit he is.

[quote]and so we turn back to the question of having video replays for ref''s to watch, and/or the subject of how to stop diving. I thought if a player dives he gets a yellow card..... obviously not......[/quote]

If they had that, Palace would have had 2 or 3 penalties, Safri would have been sent off for a blatant handball, and you''d have lost by 2 or 3 goals.

I was side on to the challenge made by Shackell on Andy Johnson and there was barely any contact. If was an impressive dive and he made it look really authentic by actually diving headfirst into the ground leaving him with a white mark down his face from hitting the goal line. We were singing "Andy Johnson''s gonna dive in a minute" for most of the game. Referee bought it.

I didn''t think Helveg had a good game. He kept giving the ball away and the Palace wingers seem to get past him with ease.

[quote]The last thing you should do is look for a fourth goal when you''re 3-1 up and 20 mins to go. Worthy should have taken a striker off (probably McKenzie as Ashton''s a better target man) and put Jonson o...[/quote]

I don''t agree there!

If we have learned anything about this season it is that two goals is never enough and that we cannot defend (and its not like the team hasn''t been trying!!)

Therefore with 37 minutes to go in the game the best thing would be to kill them off while they are still stunned from conceeding the two goals so quickly!!

If what John Gregory says is true then we sat back and invited pressure from a team who was two goals down and had nothing to lose and this is what happens!!

I remember in the play off final when Worthington brought on Sutch in an attempt to protect a lead and everything went Pete Tong!!

And before you have a dig at Sutch, I don''t think that either Holt or Jonson have performed in a manner that would make me feel confident about protecting that lead!! If anything I could see either Holt and Safri or Safri and Jonson giving away a lot of free kicks and inviting more pressure!!