Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

who is the best footballer you have seen play in the flesh?

I recall George Best being so drunk that he once turned out for Dunstable FC wearing just his boots and a leopard-skin leotard.

In terms of perfomance in one match it was Ossie Ardiles, who orchestrated a whole match from his central midfield position.

But in terms of great players i guess it was Bobby Moore and George Best turning out for Fulham. Way past their peaks then though.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Budapest Canary"]The greatest player I have seen "in the flesh" must be Puskás, whom I met in a Turkish bath in Budapest a few years ago. He wore nothing but an apron, (as I did). Well over 60, he was extremely overweight, but very cheerful Otherwise it is Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who could not match Hungary''s defense on the day.

[/quote]Ah, but he wasn''t playing at the time..... or did that apron come in handy ?  [;)]

[/quote] He was reading a paper. It occured to me to ask about the world cup final in 1954, but I decided not to disturb, so I''ll never know. These baths are rather traditional, either all men''s or women''s, and as such they have a reputation of being gay watering holes, but the typical guests, in my experience at least, are soaking/saunaing OAPs. [:)]

I would have to say Ronaldo but Gerrard has also been ridiculously good the two times I have seen him play.