Sign in to follow this  
Bryangunnshairline

who is the best footballer you have seen play in the flesh?

After seeing the return of Henry at arsenal I have to say Henry was unplayable when he rocked up at carrow road. Taking my yellow and green glasses off I have to say without doubt for me the best I''ve ever seen in the flesh. He was like a tank that day. Big, strong, quick. A real class act. I don''t normally get excited about other teams players but its hard not to like him.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]My dad, does that count?[/quote]

Really i''d have to say Ronaldo, he didn''t play great when  I saw him but whta he has gone on to do is quite special.

Over the years City has seen some top talent, but they haven''t always performed on the day.  The player that sticks in my mind going back not too many years was when we played Arsenal in a friendly. And Patrick Vieira looked seriously good.

George Best - playing for Fulham in the seventies, when I lived in London.    Also saw him in a bar once too - probably more chance of that than seeing him on a football field aat tthe time.     Also in the Fulham team Rodney Marsh and Booby Moore - not a bad line up - mind you we did have Martin Peters on our side!

Samantha Fox.

This might seem facitious, but she probably knows what to do with a couple of balls.

I just wish the O/P hadn''t have used the word flesh. It stirred up my hormones.

Use " live" in future.

George Best at Palace''s first game in Division One about a century ago. The fact that he was probably pissed only adds to his magic.

Being a bit of an Arsenal fan on the quiet you understand I''d have maybe said Dennis Bergkamp or maybe Patrick Viera, both amazing, astonishing, but holding my hands up the truth is that Eric Cantona wasn''t just amazing and astonishing, he was out of this world and the best I''ve eve seen in the flesh.

No-one could live with him.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Samantha Fox.

This might seem facitious, but she probably knows what to do with a couple of balls.

I just wish the O/P hadn''t have used the word flesh. It stirred up my hormones.

Use " live" in future.

George Best at Palace''s first game in Division One about a century ago. The fact that he was probably pissed only adds to his magic.

[/quote]

Isn''t she a lezza? 

Henry for me too...

Definitely Martin Peters, I have a small "shrine" in the corner of my dining room - although there were some pretty good players amongst the rest of the 66 World Cup team at his testimonial.

[quote user="jed exodous"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Samantha Fox.

Use " live" in future.

[/quote]

Isn''t she a lezza? 

Henry for me too...

[/quote] Yeh live is probably a better word! Sorry

George Best for me.

But when I was about 10 I never thought I would see a better player than Tommy Bryceland[:)]

For Norwich City - Kevin Keelan

For England - Bobby Moore

For Flamengo - Bebeto

On TV - Lionel Messi

For Gorleston - Martin Peters (just edging ''Sailor Brown'' [;)])

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

For Norwich City - Kevin Keelan

For England - Bobby Moore

For Flamengo - Bebeto

On TV - Lionel Messi

For Gorleston - Martin Peters (just edging ''Sailor Brown'' [;)])

[/quote]

You missed "my Spurs" Bly.....