Sign in to follow this  
alysha

Geroge Francomb

Has gone on loan to SPL side Hibernian untill June. Will be good for him to get some more experience and first team games under his belt. Also am I over analysing but is this also a way of making space for some extra additons in the squad?

No, I would assume as it is short term that it would have a recall clause, at his age he doesn''t need to be included in the declared squad list for the PL. Just experience that he badly needs me thinks.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]No, I would assume as it is short term that it would have a recall clause, at his age he doesn''t need to be included in the declared squad list for the PL. Just experience that he badly needs me thinks.[/quote]

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that.

Make or break time for him at Norwich City now. I''ve always been impressed, from when he made his debut as a kid in League 1 but the Premier League is a massive step up for anybody, let alone a youngster. Seems a bit harsh on Francomb, Dawkin, Adeyemi who were fringe first team players & even Korey Smith but thats football & progress.

By all accounts he did well with Barnet in League 2 last season, the SPL is a step up from that, although still a mile away from where we are. If he can impress & improve himself as a player he may have a future here.

Good move for all parties!

Its getting to make or break time for Francomb. Hes been on the scene since the League 1 season but unfortunately for him his spell with us has coincided with a great spell for the club!

SPL isn''t near Premiership probably I''d say most teams are lower Championship to higher League 1 level so it will will be a good indication of his abilities!

Wasn''t aware that Isaiah Osbourne was being linked with a move anywhere? Where did that one come from?

With Martin and Naughton playing so well, there isn''t really an opening for Francomb at the moment, even in cup games. So a loan is promising and will give him confidence. He has always impressed me as I saw him a lot in his academy days, I just hope his good future will be with Norwich and he features in Lambo''s future plans. Best of luck to him!!

[quote user="Hog"]Wasn''t aware that Isaiah Osbourne was being linked with a move anywhere? Where did that one come from?[/quote]

Someone (in fact I think was nbslm) said the other day they had heard we were after an SPL midfielder that nobody had mentioned. I think they also in another thread made some tongue in cheek jibe along the lines of "someone will be saying we are signing Isaiah Osbourne next." Thi is either sarcastic reference to that comment or he is subtly passing on some transfer gossip. I have no idea which nor time to trawl back through the posts.

Isaiah Osbourne was quite highly rated at one point i recall.

[quote user="BW"]David Stephens is still there never plays though.[/quote]

Yeah, wouldn''t be surprised if that was a factor in the move - knowing someone at the club.

Francomb looks a decent player but obviously he''s really going to have to go some to get in to our team now.

I think he certainly has the most chance of having a future out of the latest crop of youth players, has looked the part in the reserve games I''ve been to. Lambert seems to like him as well, playing him in a fair few pre-season games over the last couple of years. Lets hope he gets some good game time and experience under his belt.

[quote user="alysha"]I apologise for the typos [:$][/quote]

You''re at a latter day university, no need to apologise - we fully understand your predicament.