Sign in to follow this  
bjg123

In for Liam Bridcutt apparently...

Brighton fans'' responses are pretty amusing. Particularly liked the "they should set up a direct debit" comment...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?225326-Norwich-amp-Swansea-Coming-in-for-Bridcutt

Only set up a DD with the proviso that we will also have first option on Gus Poyet too!

Anything else from Brighton (like their infamous antiques and collectables) are welcome to go to Portman Road...

Blimey, we are the anti-christ as far as they are concerned.  Bigger clubs will always come in for your players - fact of football life - something I''ve had to live with since we sold Ron Davies back in the 60''s.

Jesus, they should have a listen to themselves.

Then they should ask themselves why a team with so many £3m/£4m/£5m/£6m players and such a fantastic manager is only mid table in the 2nd tier.

They might want to take of their blue & white glasses before they do that.

Tin pot.

For £3-4m you can build a side capable of winning promotion from the Championship. We did!

At the end of the day, pretty much every club below the top 5/6 in the PL are selling clubs, if a decent offer comes in you have to accept.

If Dunk, Noone & Bridcutt are as good as they say & worth £3-4m each, why are they a mid-table side?

3 reasonable offers of £1-2m & they should be able to build a really strong squad capable of far more with the funds.

It''s new stadiumitis. Like Colchester they''ve got a shiny new toy which has convinced them that they are bigger than they actually are. If this lad has the quality to play Prem and the chance is offered to him he''s obviously going to consider it, and the club will consider cashing in. It''s the way of the world outside the top tier. We should know, we''ve been in their position enough over the years.

In Brighton''s defence, I can sort of understand their frustrations...

A - The lad is pure quality and he would be a real bargain at £1m. When he was on loan at Yeovil from Chelsea a few years back - he was tipped for the Prem by most fans at the age of 18.

B - If we do sign him, we would have taken their best midfielder each of the last 3 seasons. Think we''d be pretty annoyed if our best midfielders were taken from us at quite a low price in ratio to their ability.

That said, I would live to p**s them off again and in the process get a great player and future prospect.

They do make I larf!!!I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around in football.

Fast forward the clock 3 years when we are in the Premiership and

nicking Norwich''s best players as they flounder in the bottom reaches of

the Championship.

*                     *                     *                   *                      *                           *                         *THIS. Oh my god, only 18 months ?, whatever shall we do. Entirely possible we could be above both sides by then.

Bless.......... [:D]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The hybrid of Fox-Johnson that I believe we need. Fits the Lambert criteria, a young player, performing at his respective club.[/quote]From what Brighton fans say he doesn''t tackle much and their one criticism is he''s a bit lightweight for central midfield. Tends to get the ball off the back four and play it forwards.In fact, he sounds just like David Fox. A Lambert signing, but like you say we could really do with that hybrid

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Blimey, we are the anti-christ as far as they are concerned.  Bigger clubs will always come in for your players - fact of football life - something I''ve had to live with since we sold Ron Davies back in the 60''s.
[/quote]

Snap couldn''t have said it better, compared with today we sold him for peanuts

If the reports are to believed that both us and Swansea want to sign him, then unless Swansea offer him a much bigger wage or transfer fee than what we are prepared to pay, we may have an advantage in that both Crofts and Bennett have come from Brighton and have settled in well, which could sway Bridcutt to pick us over them. Of course, that''s all depending on whether Brighton are prepared to sell in the first place.

[quote user="alysha"]If the reports are to believed that both us and Swansea want to sign him, then unless Swansea offer him a much bigger wage or transfer fee than what we are prepared to pay, we may have an advantage in that both Crofts and Bennett have come from Brighton and have settled in well, which could sway Bridcutt to pick us over them. Of course, that''s all depending on whether Brighton are prepared to sell in the first place.[/quote]

True but Rodgers worked with him in the Chelski youth setup.

[quote user="Attleborough_Canary"]

[quote user="alysha"]If the reports are to believed that both us and Swansea want to sign him, then unless Swansea offer him a much bigger wage or transfer fee than what we are prepared to pay, we may have an advantage in that both Crofts and Bennett have come from Brighton and have settled in well, which could sway Bridcutt to pick us over them. Of course, that''s all depending on whether Brighton are prepared to sell in the first place.[/quote]

True but Rodgers worked with him in the Chelski youth setup.

[/quote]

Rodgers seems to build very strong bonds with his former players - Glyfi Sigurdsson is at Swansea because he wanted to work with Rodgers again.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The way he is going this window with midfield additions, they could be employing the Barca/Spain striker-less formation.[/quote]

In my opinion during their last two visits to Carrow Road Swansea have shown the best player movement of any side to come here. They might not always win, but they are great to watch! Every time they are on the offensive take a look at the heels of the players off the ball and you rarely, if ever see any one single player flat-footed. Great example of how to play the game.

Little wonder players might fancy playing for Brendan Rodgers!...

There''s nothing in the Bridcutt rumour as far as we are concerned.

Lambert will pluck someone out of the ether as he always does-whoever, if we sign someone, we do get in will probably be a name that hasn''t even been mentioned, as it usually is. Remember Surman, when that first came in, that he was "about to sign for a Championship club", people were thinking Leeds or Sheff Utd, didn''t even think it might be us!

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]The way he is going this window with midfield additions, they could be employing the Barca/Spain striker-less formation.[/quote]

In my opinion during their last two visits to Carrow Road Swansea have shown the best player movement of any side to come here. They might not always win, but they are great to watch! Every time they are on the offensive take a look at the heels of the players off the ball and you rarely, if ever see any one single player flat-footed. Great example of how to play the game.

Little wonder players might fancy playing for Brendan Rodgers!...

[/quote]

It often makes me wonder why you don''t see more teams in the mode of Swansea.    Like the above comment says - great movement off the ball, all players on their toes.    You look at some of the ''top'' teams and some of their players stroll around once they have passed the ball as if they have done their job, now it''s someone else''s turn.   

Someone is  going to tell me now that its because they are ''better'' players and don''t need to be ''on their toes''.  But Like the Norwich side of the early 90''s Swansea look a great unit, playing a fluid style that has skill and movement.     

We are similar and at times (first 20 minutes at Wolves for instance) have  that fluidity and I guess that will improve.    I for one would  rather watch us or Swansea play than some of the arrogant toss pots who strut around not appearing to put any effort in on top of their undoubted skill.    

Thats why we (and swansea) have a chance this season - because our management and team know how to be a team.

this could end Swansea''s interest in the Brighton player (who I know nothing about BTW)...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16456179.stm

Swansea City have agreed to sign Chelsea midfielder Josh McEachran on loan for the rest of the season.

...a highly rated player by many at Chelski.

So if the rumours are true then Lambert could get his man. In Lambert we trust.

Ahhhh... Brighton & Hove Albion, our unofficial feeder club coming up good again.

Thanks guys ;)

Don''t think there ever was anything from our end. Some Brighton fans got very righteous about our perceived interest on their website,whence most of the press articles seem to have emanated. There has been absolutely no corroboration at the City end.

I''d be more inclined to believe that we''re in competition with WBA for Maynard as that has been reported on Twitter by @FourthOfficial whose usually pretty accurate.