Sign in to follow this  
Robert N. LiM

keeping Ashton

Does anyone think we have any chance of keeping hold of Dean Ashton if we do go down? Just watched the Palace game and he was awesome again - he looks like the complete Premiership player at the age of 21. If you put the finish against Man City and the brilliant header against United together with his stunning second goal today, what more could you ask for? I think he''s our player of the season. Seriously. In fact, I''m not sure I can remember a better player in a Norwich shirt, certainly not a better centre forward.

If you were him, would you be happy with a return to the Championship? I know he''s only been here a few months, but I can''t really see he owes us anything. I hope I''m wrong, but I have a horrible feeling we only have five more games to enjoy his performances in a City shirt.

He can''t hear me from Manila, but a bit of "Deano must stay" wouldn''t go amiss on Wednesday night.

[quote]Does anyone think we have any chance of keeping hold of Dean Ashton if we do go down? Just watched the Palace game and he was awesome again - he looks like the complete Premiership player at the age o...[/quote]

not this again every time he scores , norwich made it plain that we will be building our team around him shackell and francis whether we stay up or go down otherwise whats the point to it all.

He will give us one season to see if we get back up , if we do no reason he should not be here for a few years yet. If we were to recieve a massive offer for him would the board turn it down though . England striker in the making and will only get better.

[quote]He will give us one season to see if we get back up , if we do no reason he should not be here for a few years yet. If we were to recieve a massive offer for him would the board turn it down though . ...[/quote]

£3million and worth every little penny.

The guy''s simply a legend, and I''m looking forward to seeing him play against Newcastle on Wednesday.

Mr Ashton seems like a very honest person (judging by the post match interview). If he says he''ll be here next season then I will believe him.Has he said he''ll stay?

[quote]Does anyone think we have any chance of keeping hold of Dean Ashton if we do go down? Just watched the Palace game and he was awesome again - he looks like the complete Premiership player at the age o...[/quote]

Do you know who we are??

We''re Norwich City- the best team in the world!!!!!!!!!

Why wouldn''t he want to stay??

francis, Ashton and Greeno all staying would be a dream!