Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

From our Paddy at the press conference

"No, you can bring in a player of loan, even if you have two exisiting players on loan, as long as any new loanees are on 1 month rolling contracts with a maxium of 2 renewals (i.e. 3 months or 90 days depending on which is longer). Clubs can only have a maxium of one player from a particular club (i.e. Norwich couldn''t take another player from Tottenham or Man U while Naughton and De Laet are here) and there is an absolute maxmium of 5 players."

Ooh ! Could we perhaps have that Oxlade-Chamberlain bloke from the Arsenal then ? He looked a handful in that FA Cup match against Leeds. Mind you, it was only Leeds...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]"No, you can bring in a player of loan, even if you have two exisiting players on loan, as long as any new loanees are on 1 month rolling contracts with a maxium of 2 renewals (i.e. 3 months or 90 days depending on which is longer). Clubs can only have a maxium of one player from a particular club (i.e. Norwich couldn''t take another player from Tottenham or Man U while Naughton and De Laet are here) and there is an absolute maxmium of 5 players." Ooh ! Could we perhaps have that Oxlade-Chamberlain bloke from the Arsenal then ? He looked a handful in that FA Cup match against Leeds. Mind you, it was only Leeds...[/quote]

We could indeed, although in the Arsenal press conference today Wenger said that Oxlade-Chamberlain will be playing more games in the next couple of months and wouldn''t be going out on loan. But in theory we could make a move for him.

(I going to add a quick caveat, the information I am quoting about loans has been given to me from someone I know who works at a football club and may not be correct - I think the rules are fairly new and no one has really tried them out, but this is the understanding that most clubs are working on. As with all transfers the Premier League and FA have the last say and the rules are open to interpretation)

"We could indeed, although in the Arsenal press conference today Wenger said that Oxlade-Chamberlain will be playing more games in the next couple of months and wouldn''t be going out on loan. But in theory we could make a move for him"

That''s unfortunate, although he did have that first team look about him...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Paddy probably holding that back for tomorrow''s paper...
[/quote]

I won''t hold my breath, got a few people talking (the rules are quite clear though, whilst De Laet and Naughton are still here we can''t get another loan in).

Look, staying up is worth at least £40 million and it appears we won''t even risk 10 million to try to do so.

Study the remaing fixtures and tell me we''re safe... . I won''t believe you.

Learn from Blackpools failings...........or else.[:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Look, staying up is worth at least £40 million and it appears we won''t even risk 10 million to try to do so.

Study the remaing fixtures and tell me we''re safe... . I won''t believe you.

Learn from Blackpools failings...........or else.[:S]

[/quote]

Appears? So who are we supposed to spend this £10m on then?

£10million? Where has that amount come from, Wiz?

I''m not sure if you''re aware but the £40million we received has to pay for EVERYTHING at the club. That includes wages, running costs, transfer fees, the lot. I''d be surprised if we have £10million spare to spend on transfers and then even more left over to pay these players as well.

" So who are we supposed to spend this £10m on then?"And where might this £10m come from ?I will happily join the queue to put in a £1000, if 1st Wiz agrees to be a place ahead of me in the queue

We won''t even risk £10 million pounds?  What a pathetically small sum of money.  I''d earn that much in, oh, 274.56 years.  I can''t believe the current owners of this club won''t virtually bankrupt themselves or risk blowing the entire budget Leeds United-style in order to sign some Premier League players who might be injured, or not very good, just so some supporters whose entire contribution is a Canary Player subscription every year can come on here bleating about needing richer owners if we''re going to challenge for Europa League places.  Talk about a sense of entitlement.

re: loan situation. bethnall that too is my take on the system. a club is allowed 2 season long loans, and 4or 6 (can''t remember which) short term loans of 3 months or less : with no more than 2 S.T.L.''s at any one time. no more than one player from any from any other prem club. and all loans i believe must be done in actual transfer windows (unlike FL), unless special dispensation is given (usually only gk''s).