Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

From our Paddy at the press conference

I wish people wouldn''t compare us to QPR, they now have millions to spend and a decent manager, it was Warnock and him alone that put them where they are today, I would not be at all surprised if they finished above us now, which I woulg personally hate.....

Have to agree with Wiz to a certain point, I am also worried that unless he is backed more financially he may leave sooner rather than later.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Reading that whole article, Pete just posted the link to. I don''t get Lambert is disappointed because of a lack of funds, he''s disappointed because his targets aren''t available/cost too much. Of course thats up to interpretation.

Lambert knew, we all knew we wouldn''t have millions and millions to work with, and the amount he''s had to work with so far he''s done brilliantly with, thats something that i''m sure will work to his advantage when bigger teams are looking for a new manager.

He obviously doesn''t want to buy players for the sake of it, he wants quality. And its well documented how january prices are over inflated. If Lambert wanted to sign Rhodes, Snodgrass etc, especially in Rhodes case, Hudders aren''t going to sell him cheaply, i''m sure he''s happy to see out the season, they will win promotion with him up front, and then maybe a premiership move in the summer for probably no more (or maybe less) than Hudders would demand for him now.

The only problem I see here, is Lambert hasn''t been able to secure his main targets for what ever reason, so we might end up getting nobody. But I think he''s happy enough with what we''ve got, but obviously an extra quality player or two would really help secure our premiership status.[/quote]agreed. we arent doing it on the cheap, despite what Wiz says, players demands are just too high and Lambert can do nothing about that.perhaps certain people will be happy if we sell Grant Holt for a million to fund an over paid wasters £65,000 a week at a club he doesnt really want to play for?

I think if Lambert was concerned about the squad we have he would have bought in some cheaper options. He got us where we are with what we have, with a few players yet to return to fitness, I feel we have more than enough in the tank to stay up this season.

[quote user="Hog"]

I wish people wouldn''t compare us to QPR, they now have millions to spend and a decent manager, it was Warnock and him alone that put them where they are today, I would not be at all surprised if they finished above us now, which I woulg personally hate.....

Have to agree with Wiz to a certain point, I am also worried that unless he is backed more financially he may leave sooner rather than later.

[/quote]

Not entirely true as Fernandes and his ''advisors'' selected all the players they bought in the summer. If Fernandes had bought Norwich maybe we would now have Joey Barton in midfield. Hard to know if that is something to be sad about or not.

Agreed but it was Warnock''s tactical genius that has put them where they are.....

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

Not entirely true as Fernandes and his ''advisors'' selected all the players they bought in the summer. If Fernandes had bought Norwich maybe we would now have Joey Barton in midfield. Hard to know if that is something to be sad about or not.

[/quote]We could use a Joey Barton in midfield.  He is better than any of the centre midfielders we currently have at the club and would certainly add to what we have been lacking in the centre of the field so far this season.We desperately need to add some quality and strength to our centre midfield options.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="First Wizard"]So we are doing it on the cheap again, and to think, Fernandes nearly took us on, the cook and small Fry have a lot to answer for imo. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-thumb-down-111.gif[/IMG][/quote]

Are you serious? Our cheap options have got us to 9th and 9 points clear of relegation, whilst QPR''s super star millionaire players have got them to 17th and a point above the relegation zone. Furthermore QPR under Fernandes stewardship are fast becoming a laughing stock trying to recruit players far too big for theier club and who have no intention of going.

If you don''t trust Delia/McNally/Lambert now then you never will
[/quote]......... i think we all know..he never will. if delia leaves her entire fortune to the club he will still be against her.

[quote user="Truth-Seeker.Mk3"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]We could use a Joey Barton in midfield.  He is better than any of the centre midfielders we currently have at the club and would certainly add to what we have been lacking in the centre of the field so far this season.We desperately need to add some quality and strength to our centre midfield options.[/quote]I''d rather have Joey Deacon in Midfield than that overrated gobshite Barton. The man is a grade A cock, and I wouldn''t want him anywhere near this club.

My worry is not so much whether we will have enough to stay up (although i do think we could do with another quality midfielder) but more to do with whether lambo is getting frustrated at the constraints. I think we all know and accept that he will leave us at some point in the (probably not too distant) future to go to a bigger club and I have no problem with that. he has dragged this football club up from the depths and will no doubt leave us as a financially stable, premiership club. I firmly believe he will one day manage one of the big 5 or 6 in the prem. I also have faith in McNally to go out and find us the right successor. I suppose my slight nervousness is that quotes such as those from Lambo today perhaps re-enforce the inevitability that he will outgrow us sooner rather than later.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]My worry is not so much whether we will have enough to stay up (although i do think we could do with another quality midfielder) but more to do with whether lambo is getting frustrated at the constraints. I think we all know and accept that he will leave us at some point in the (probably not too distant) future to go to a bigger club and I have no problem with that. he has dragged this football club up from the depths and will no doubt leave us as a financially stable, premiership club. I firmly believe he will one day manage one of the big 5 or 6 in the prem. I also have faith in McNally to go out and find us the right successor. I suppose my slight nervousness is that quotes such as those from Lambo today perhaps re-enforce the inevitability that he will outgrow us sooner rather than later.[/quote]Do you not fear McNally being poached by a bigger club at some stage too?I do not think he will join the same club as Lambert but I can see McNally being offered a job he can''t refuse sooner rather than later also.

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

Are you serious Wiz?[/quote]

Did you really just ask that? Arguing with Wiz is a lot like wrestling a pig. You both get covered in sh*t but only the pig enjoys it.

[:D]

[/quote]I`d take wrestling the pig over arguing with Wizard; with a pig you`d have more than an outside chance of having reasoned debate.

[quote user="Truth-Seeker.Mk3"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Hog"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We could use a Joey Barton in midfield.  He is better than any of the centre midfielders we currently have at the club and would certainly add to what we have been lacking in the centre of the field so far this season.

We desperately need to add some quality and strength to our centre midfield options.
[/quote]

No doubt that Barton is better than any of our current midfielders - whats more the point is whether Lambert would be happy having a player like Barton added to his squad without being asked. I''m not sure how much meddling Lambert would stand for, if it risked the team harmony he obviously values so much.

Just reading that Southampton are to up their offer for Celtic striker Gary Hooper to £6million , West Ham have already bid over £4 million for Jordon Rhodes and these are Championship clubs , i just do not think how football is now that Norwich can compete in the top flight . People say we spent well in the summer , did we ? the prices we paid for players is peanuts at this level , Paul Lambert thinks we need players so you have to assume he is right, too many people on here are taking survival as granted and given our home fixtures i think they may have a shock coming , push the boat out now rather than regret not doing so at the end of the season .

Truth-seeker yes that would obviously also be a concern for the reason I cite above, namely that he would be a key man in sourcing any replacement for Lambert. That said Bowkett also seems to know what he is doing business wise and his presence on the board is reassuring in that regard. even if Mcnally were to leave I don''t think we will end up with another Doncaster.

[quote user="Ncfc"]Just reading that Southampton are to up their offer for Celtic striker Gary Hooper to £6million , West Ham have already bid over £4 million for Jordon Rhodes and these are Championship clubs , i just do not think how football is now that Norwich can compete in the top flight . People say we spent well in the summer , did we ? the prices we paid for players is peanuts at this level , Paul Lambert thinks we need players so you have to assume he is right, too many people on here are taking survival as granted and given our home fixtures i think they may have a shock coming , push the boat out now rather than regret not doing so at the end of the season . [/quote]back in your box binboy

" I am also worried that unless he is backed more financially he may leave sooner rather than later"Two pointsPlease tell us exactly how much ''he is being backed'' so we know that yiou are not just inventing stuffAlso tell us where that extra money will come from

Its not the Paul Lambert way to come out identifying targets or saying we''ve got names lined up. We''ve been under the impression nothing happening before then been pleasantly surprised. Hopefully again we will be too.

I am also pleased that our owner / major shareholder hasn''t been on twitter asking fans who''d they''d like to sign then promising to go and pass the suggestions on to the manager. Wonder what Lamberts reaction would have been to that?

I''m pretty certain the last 2 January Transfer Windows Lambert has come out an said its hard to get people in, prices rise too much, I''m not bringing in people for the sake of it.  We here nothing then boom a player arrives out of nowhere.  He''s playing the same game he''s always played.

[quote user="City1st"]" I am also worried that unless he is backed more financially he may leave sooner rather than later"

Two points

Please tell us exactly how much ''he is being backed'' so we know that yiou are not just inventing stuff

Also tell us where that extra money will come from

[/quote]

Quick question: why are you such a prat? Looking through your posts you sem to enjoy resorting to petty insults and calling people binners?

Advice: Maybe you need to relax more :-)

[quote user="Hog"]

[quote user="City1st"]" I am also worried that unless he is backed more financially he may leave sooner rather than later"Two pointsPlease tell us exactly how much ''he is being backed'' so we know that yiou are not just inventing stuffAlso tell us where that extra money will come from[/quote]

Quick question: why are you such a prat? Looking through your posts you sem to enjoy resorting to petty insults and calling people binners?

Advice: Maybe you need to relax more :-)

[/quote] It used to be called being a bit backward .

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lambert''s been knocked back on the loan front.

Tierney trained yesterday. De Laet still out.
[/quote]

That at least answers one question. We can get loans in, either because we are dumping one of our loanees or more probably because the rules really do allow more than two at any one time. 

[/quote]

No, pinkun reporting is crap.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lambert''s been knocked back on the loan front.Tierney trained yesterday. De Laet still out.[/quote]

That at least answers one question. We can get loans in, either because we are dumping one of our loanees or more probably because the rules really do allow more than two at any one time. 

[/quote]

[/quote]hush now Joanna, you would not want to be another banned poster now would you?

[quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you can bring in a player of loan, even if you have two exisiting players on loan, as long as any new loanees are on 1 month rolling contracts with a maxium of 2 renewals (i.e. 3 months or 90 days depending on which is longer). Clubs can only have a maxium of one player from a particular club (i.e. Norwich couldn''t take another player from Tottenham or Man U while Naughton and De Laet are here) and there is an absolute maxmium of 5 players.

I keep saying this and no one believes me :(

[quote user="Ncfc"]Just reading that Southampton are to up their offer for Celtic striker Gary Hooper to £6million , West Ham have already bid over £4 million for Jordon Rhodes and these are Championship clubs , i just do not think how football is now that Norwich can compete in the top flight . People say we spent well in the summer , did we ? the prices we paid for players is peanuts at this level , Paul Lambert thinks we need players so you have to assume he is right, too many people on here are taking survival as granted and given our home fixtures i think they may have a shock coming , push the boat out now rather than regret not doing so at the end of the season .
[/quote]..............these are two clubs that have been in administration in the last few years. time the rules were changed. go into administration and you are not allowed to spend more than your income for a number of years after. both clubs appear to be doing their best to run up sizable debts again.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="Ncfc"]Just reading that Southampton are to up their offer for Celtic striker Gary Hooper to £6million , West Ham have already bid over £4 million for Jordon Rhodes and these are Championship clubs , i just do not think how football is now that Norwich can compete in the top flight . People say we spent well in the summer , did we ? the prices we paid for players is peanuts at this level , Paul Lambert thinks we need players so you have to assume he is right, too many people on here are taking survival as granted and given our home fixtures i think they may have a shock coming , push the boat out now rather than regret not doing so at the end of the season .
[/quote]..............these are two clubs that have been in administration in the last few years. time the rules were changed. go into administration and you are not allowed to spend more than your income for a number of years after. both clubs appear to be doing their best to run up sizable debts again.[/quote]

But both were in adminstration under different owners and are now doing fine on the financial side. I don''t think there is much in the Hooper to Southampton story anyway.

Interestingly both clubs have just signed Japanese strikers - the one going to West Ham is on about £30k a week....

[quote user="Dick of PH Rag"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lambert''s been knocked back on the loan front.Tierney trained yesterday. De Laet still out.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]hush now Joanna, you would not want to be another banned poster now would you?[/quote]People get banned of they don''t behave themselves. What did you do?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, you can bring in a player of loan, even if you have two exisiting players on loan, as long as any new loanees are on 1 month rolling contracts with a maxium of 2 renewals (i.e. 3 months or 90 days depending on which is longer). Clubs can only have a maxium of one player from a particular club (i.e. Norwich couldn''t take another player from Tottenham or Man U while Naughton and De Laet are here) and there is an absolute maxmium of 5 players.

[/quote]Maybe they will now Bethnal...

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe they will now Bethnal...
[/quote]

That''s all fine but in your OP you stated;

"Lambert''s been knocked back on the loan front."

But then there is no mention of loans when the full report was posted on the main site.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"][quote user="Joanna Grey"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I did, or at least I was rather assumed you were right. But I do seem to remember you also posting that the rules were rather opaque on this subject and open to interpretation.