Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

From our Paddy at the press conference

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lambert''s been knocked back on the loan front.Tierney trained yesterday. De Laet still out.[/quote]I thought we had our two loans? Can you be more specific what you are talking about?

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lambert''s been knocked back on the loan front.

Tierney trained yesterday. De Laet still out.
[/quote]

That at least answers one question. We can get loans in, either because we are dumping one of our loanees or more probably because the rules really do allow more than two at any one time. 

So we are doing it on the cheap again, and to think, Fernandes nearly took us on, the cook and small Fry have a lot to answer for imo. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-thumb-down-111.gif[/IMG]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Was it an attempted loon from abroad?[/quote]

That''s not a nice way to talk about our Bly[:D]

No purple Canary. We are only allowed 2 loan signings at any time. So if we are to sign a 3rd "loan player" this definitely means they have to be coming from either Scotland or the rest of Europe.

If you want to loan someone from abroad the rules governing it are slightly different. You effectively have to make them on a permanent the duration of the loan period. The parent club will then effectively buy them back on a free transfer afterwards. Hence they don''t count towards the loan quota.

It was how Roeder was able to field a farcical amount of loan players while he was here because the likes of John Kennedy and Arturo Lupoli didnt count towards the loan quota.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"][quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Lambert''s been knocked back on the loan front.Tierney trained yesterday. De Laet still out.[/quote]I thought we had our two loans? Can you be more specific what you are talking about? [/quote]Come on Pete, is that all you know? you''ve posted something with very little substance!!!

[quote user="Jacko"]No purple Canary. We are only allowed 2 loan signings at any time. So if we are to sign a 3rd "loan player" this definitely means they have to be coming from either Scotland or the rest of Europe. If you want to loan someone from abroad the rules governing it are slightly different. You effectively have to make them on a permanent the duration of the loan period. The parent club will then effectively buy them back on a free transfer afterwards. Hence they don''t count towards the loan quota. It was how Roeder was able to field a farcical amount of loan players while he was here because the likes of John Kennedy and Arturo Lupoli didnt count towards the loan quota.[/quote]

Its the cheap option and Lambert will not put up with it for long.

[quote user="First Wizard"]So we are doing it on the cheap again, and to think, Fernandes nearly took us on, the cook and small Fry have a lot to answer for imo. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-thumb-down-111.gif[/IMG][/quote]Are you serious Wiz?The investment we put into the playing squad during the summer far exceeded that of last time we were in the Prem.  McNally is having the final say in all of this alongside Bowkett.  They are far, far more advanced in their knowledge of how to run as business, and a football club, than Munby and Doomcaster.What''s the point in signing crap players for extortionate fees?  No point at all.  Fernandes may have ''shown an interest'' in the club, but as far as I can see he hasn''t helped QPR yet.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Kathy "]''Loon from abroad''. Now what does that make me think of? [:)][/quote]

A golden moment perchance?

[/quote]Or being exceedingly clever as a loon means a young chap in Scotland.

Wiz i''m afraid your wrong.

McNally (I think it was him) said there was money available. Lambert himself said there is no lower league gems left, essentially meaning he doesn''t have any cheap lower league targets, and other players he''s looking at probably have an over inflated price that he doesn''t want to pay.

Were not doing things on the cheap, Lambert isn''t getting fed up (at least not with the board/club) and Delia & co have done a hell of a lot for this club, and I really don''t understand how anyone can keep moaning about her. She''s not a billionaire, but she''s not stupid enough to reject a decent offer, she''s a Norwich fan after all, I very much doubt she''s many much if any money from owning the club for so long, her only hope of profit is selling for a decent price.

And i''m delighted Fernandes isn''t our owner.

[quote user="First Wizard"]So we are doing it on the cheap again, and to think, Fernandes nearly took us on, the cook and small Fry have a lot to answer for imo. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-thumb-down-111.gif[/IMG][/quote]There could be a reasonable explanation, like they''re at the tail end of a contract and it''s a view to permanent in the summer. 

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wiz i''m afraid your wrong. McNally (I think it was him) said there was money available. Lambert himself said there is no lower league gems left, essentially meaning he doesn''t have any cheap lower league targets, and other players he''s looking at probably have an over inflated price that he doesn''t want to pay. Were not doing things on the cheap, Lambert isn''t getting fed up (at least not with the board/club) and Delia & co have done a hell of a lot for this club, and I really don''t understand how anyone can keep moaning about her. She''s not a billionaire, but she''s not stupid enough to reject a decent offer, she''s a Norwich fan after all, I very much doubt she''s many much if any money from owning the club for so long, her only hope of profit is selling for a decent price. And i''m delighted Fernandes isn''t our owner.[/quote]

That''s not exactly what Lambert said.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wiz i''m afraid your wrong. McNally (I think it was him) said there was money available. Lambert himself said there is no lower league gems left, essentially meaning he doesn''t have any cheap lower league targets, and other players he''s looking at probably have an over inflated price that he doesn''t want to pay. Were not doing things on the cheap, Lambert isn''t getting fed up (at least not with the board/club) and Delia & co have done a hell of a lot for this club, and I really don''t understand how anyone can keep moaning about her. She''s not a billionaire, but she''s not stupid enough to reject a decent offer, she''s a Norwich fan after all, I very much doubt she''s many much if any money from owning the club for so long, her only hope of profit is selling for a decent price. And i''m delighted Fernandes isn''t our owner.[/quote]

Nothing you''ve said GP proves I''m wrong.

As I understand TF wanted total control....and thats a swear word to her....also, small Fry brings nothing to the club imo,  8I''d yhave Fernandes here in a flash myself.

[quote user="First Wizard"]So we are doing it on the cheap again, and to think, Fernandes nearly took us on, the cook and small Fry have a lot to answer for imo. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-thumb-down-111.gif[/IMG][/quote]Are you serious? Our cheap options have got us to 9th and 9 points clear of relegation, whilst QPR''s super star millionaire players have got them to 17th and a point above the relegation zone. Furthermore QPR under Fernandes stewardship are fast becoming a laughing stock trying to recruit players far too big for theier club and who have no intention of going. If you don''t trust Delia/McNally/Lambert now then you never will

[quote user="First Wizard"]So we are doing it on the cheap again, and to think, Fernandes nearly took us on, the cook and small Fry have a lot to answer for imo. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-thumb-down-111.gif[/IMG][/quote]

No he didn''t. The club he was trying to buy was West Ham. And you can''t own two clubs. He only bought QPR after he''d given up on West Ham. And that was long after he had spoken to us.

[quote user="In Dubious Battle "][quote user="First Wizard"]So we are doing it on the cheap again, and to think, Fernandes nearly took us on, the cook and small Fry have a lot to answer for imo. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/MSN_Emoticons/MSN-Emoticon-thumb-down-111.gif[/IMG][/quote]

Are you serious? Our cheap options have got us to 9th and 9 points clear of relegation, whilst QPR''s super star millionaire players have got them to 17th and a point above the relegation zone. Furthermore QPR under Fernandes stewardship are fast becoming a laughing stock trying to recruit players far too big for theier club and who have no intention of going.

If you don''t trust Delia/McNally/Lambert now then you never will
[/quote]

I''ve never trusted her!

And the season ends in May, not January. Even Lambert said we need 2-3 players in to help the team out.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]

Are you serious Wiz?

[/quote]

Did you really just ask that? Arguing with Wiz is a lot like wrestling a pig. You both get covered in sh*t but only the pig enjoys it.

[:D]

Wiz you never learn on the subject of ownership. Just because someone waltzes into a club and starts splashing the cash you automatically feel wronged that he isn''t at Carrow Road.

I''ve flagged up many threads in the past about Portsmouth, Birmingham and Ipswich to name a few where money was initially splashed and you said we should have had those owners - cue tirades about Delia and the board. Only for the present situation - Would you swap where we are now for any of those clubs?

QPR may be lucky and have found a very good owner and so far the signs are good. But if it had been up to you we''d have been sold long ago and its anyones guess what state we would be in now. But probably not in the premiership if you play it by percentages.

“None, none. I was hopeful (at the start of the window) but we are not making inroads, that is for sure,” said Lambert at his pre-match briefing ahead of Saturday’s Premier League trip to West Brom. “Of course it’s frustrating but if we have to go with the group here, I’ll go with the group here. I have no problem with that. They have been brilliant for me this season, but it is frustrating. We can’t do the wages as everybody knows. That is a problem but that is the way it is.

“Everybody I spoke to before the season will tell you that the lads you have need a hand, but they have to be ones you bring in to play. There is no point bringing in people who I think will be a squad player or just make the numbers. We can get a load of those. I don’t want to do that. We want ones that can play a part from now until the end of the season and when you got those through the door in January it is a big help to the group already here. At the minute we are not making any headway. Let’s wait and see. There is still a length of time but I won’t bring in just for the sake of it.”

Hmm. A little worried at these latest comments. I think we''ve probably just about got enough to keep us up as it is but this is a real opportunity for the club to build on our good start and it is worrying we appear to be struggling to do so. I guess its a catch 22 thing with the wages as we can''t bring people in on wages much higher than the rest of the players but we won''t want to put all the players wages up until we know we are going to be a prem team again next year, I reckon, therefore, any arrivals will certainly be from the championship rather than premier league clubs.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Nothing you''ve said GP proves I''m wrong.

As I understand TF wanted total control....and thats a swear word to her....also, small Fry brings nothing to the club imo,  8I''d yhave Fernandes here in a flash myself.

[/quote]

Wiz, I guess you understand what we''ve both said is our opinion, just because you think what you''ve said is right, doesn''t make it so. I''m sure you know that, and while I don''t think your right there is a slight chance you are.

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

“None, none. I was hopeful (at the start of the window) but we are not making inroads, that is for sure,” said Lambert at his pre-match briefing ahead of Saturday’s Premier League trip to West Brom. “Of course it’s frustrating but if we have to go with the group here, I’ll go with the group here. I have no problem with that. They have been brilliant for me this season, but it is frustrating. We can’t do the wages as everybody knows. That is a problem but that is the way it is.

“Everybody I spoke to before the season will tell you that the lads you have need a hand, but they have to be ones you bring in to play. There is no point bringing in people who I think will be a squad player or just make the numbers. We can get a load of those. I don’t want to do that. We want ones that can play a part from now until the end of the season and when you got those through the door in January it is a big help to the group already here. At the minute we are not making any headway. Let’s wait and see. There is still a length of time but I won’t bring in just for the sake of it.”

Hmm. A little worried at these latest comments. I think we''ve probably just about got enough to keep us up as it is but this is a real opportunity for the club to build on our good start and it is worrying we appear to be struggling to do so. I guess its a catch 22 thing with the wages as we can''t bring people in on wages much higher than the rest of the players but we won''t want to put all the players wages up until we know we are going to be a prem team again next year, I reckon, therefore, any arrivals will certainly be from the championship rather than premier league clubs.

[/quote]

Exactly Jim, me too. [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Thinking/thinking-023.GIF[/IMG]

Reading that whole article, Pete just posted the link to. I don''t get Lambert is disappointed because of a lack of funds, he''s disappointed because his targets aren''t available/cost too much. Of course thats up to interpretation.

Lambert knew, we all knew we wouldn''t have millions and millions to work with, and the amount he''s had to work with so far he''s done brilliantly with, thats something that i''m sure will work to his advantage when bigger teams are looking for a new manager.

He obviously doesn''t want to buy players for the sake of it, he wants quality. And its well documented how january prices are over inflated. If Lambert wanted to sign Rhodes, Snodgrass etc, especially in Rhodes case, Hudders aren''t going to sell him cheaply, i''m sure he''s happy to see out the season, they will win promotion with him up front, and then maybe a premiership move in the summer for probably no more (or maybe less) than Hudders would demand for him now.

The only problem I see here, is Lambert hasn''t been able to secure his main targets for what ever reason, so we might end up getting nobody. But I think he''s happy enough with what we''ve got, but obviously an extra quality player or two would really help secure our premiership status.