Sign in to follow this  
Liam

The three points were brilliant, but......

.....I think any one of the many Norwich fans at the game today would say that we were decidedly fortunate to get them against a v average side. Don''t get me wrong, I really don''t care how we get them, but for much of the game i thought we were well below par in a number of aspects, and I din''t really think that playing Pilkington on halfway between right and centre worked at all.

That said, it is interesting that amongst all the talk about how we have less quality than many other PL sides, it was two outstanding pieces of skill which won it for us - great volley and then although we could all see Morrison free at the far post, who would have imagined that Holty could have picked him out so perfectly with his (much weaker) left foot. Legend!

The thing is that there have been several games we perhaps haven''t quite got what we deserved (including the home game v WBA, at Wolves) that I don''t really care about the ''fortunate'' angle today. Soaking up pressure away from home and counter attacking is something that decent sides do (Villa at Chelsea the other week is a classic example of how successful it can be).

WBA came to Carrow Road at the beginning of September and got an extremely lucky win. Today they actually played a bit better, but were just terrible in front of goal (or unlucky).

Beating teams, when your not at the top of your game is something champions do. Its why Man.U won the league last season. Its why we will stay up this season.

We may not have made it easy for ourselves today, same with Fulham, Wolves and Everton. But we keep on picking up points, even though our performances have slightly dropped.

If anything, were picking up more points when we don''t play as well.... Everyone thought we were wonderful first 2/3 months, but we weren''t really getting any more points than we have done in the past month or two, but I would say the performance quality has dropped.

Absolutely, can''t really argue with two chances and two goals, and like I say I''ll take an average overall performance and a win ahead of a valiant defeat any day. I just thought that were poor in a few basic areas today, although I thought Hoolihan was excellent throughout and obviously Ruddy had a good game.

U mean Steve Morison*

Oh dear, how careless of me! Yes indeed, I don''t suppose anyone noticed James Morrison lurking at the far post.....

You''ve said all that needs to be said really Liam. Fact is, if we can stay resilient while having enough quality to take our chances, we''ll do well enough to stay up. There are plenty of teams that aren''t really that great but have enough about them to get a goal or two, particularly when they aren''t necessarily playing that well. We can count ourselves up among them and i think the players are starting to believe that outside the top 6, they can finish wherever they want to.

It has been a feature of Lambert''s tenure so far, where our seasons have moved up a gear around this point in the season when they realise what they can achieve together. It''s for this reason that i''m not all that bothered about this transfer window. Especially if we can get Vaughan back.

Lambert said himself that he didn''t care how it happened, just that the three points appeared.

Even now, 9th in the Premier League, we are slipping under everyone''s radar. And this is a great position to be in...no pressure against the top teams, and the belief against those around us.

We''ll be fine.

Let us be honest here Lambert put out once again a high risk formation designed to be able to counter attack with strength knowing full well WBA do not score or concede many at home .Then after we got the second he sealed it up with the team a more conservative manager going for a draw may have tried from start. OK we gave away a penalty but withstood a lot of pressure otherwise even with a right back playing at left back!I hope the Board realise what they have got in Lambert and ensure at least a couple of good signings this January to ensure that we have enough backup later in season

[quote user="CJ"]I hope the Board realise what they have got in Lambert and ensure at least a couple of good signings this January to ensure that we have enough backup later in season

[/quote]

FFS, it''s like a broken record.

"I hope the Board realise what they have got in Lambert"Good point, there''s every chance it could have escaped their notice

He didn''t play on the wing? He was upfront with Morison!

Pre-match I went to the Black Eagle, it’s the pub of the London Baggies. As I was exchanging texts with a WBA supporting pal who I arranged to meet there this is what he sent to me:

I''m hoping for a good match and will be happy if we don''t lose as home form is poor. West Brom’s best chance will be if Norwich take the game to West Brom so we can play as a counter attacking team. If Norwich defend we will lose.