Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Lambert looked and sounded angry on CW today.

"we just need to accept that we are not in the position to spend huge amounts on transfer fees/wages"I think that many of the whiners know that, this transfer window is just another excuse to have a go at our club. Otherwise fully agree with your sentiments.

There has to be lower spenders, there have to be not as good teams, there has to be not as good players etc etc etc. There is a clear hierarchy, not just in Football but in life. Maybe Delia could go all out to find a new owner, but why should she? Her era, while has seen us in a pretty low point, has also seen us in a Play-off final, two promotions to the Premiership, has seen some pretty good players in the likes of Huckerby, Ashton, and now the current lot. It looks very much like we are going to stay up, and with the current regime, there is no issues, there is no problems and we could quite easily establish ourselves as a premiership side.

Wiz, do you hate all convicted criminals?

Or just one in particular!

Old fashioned maybe, but done the crime, done the time, end of. And hardly a heinuous crime.

"Wiz, do you hate all convicted criminals?"I thinj his hatred of Mr Fruy is probably die to Mr Fry being everything wiz isn''tWealthy, successful, well liked by many ......... and somebody who actually goes to games, occassionallyAs master gingerchap said, we are doing ok, in fact far better than okAs a City fan of long standing (and now enforced sitting) this has been one of the most successful periods in the time I have been supporting them. Yep, there''s been bigger highs, but not such a long period of success.I can only wonder at what motivates attacks upon the club or the board at this time.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

My disrespect of here goes way back to Jimmy Jones left standing in the carpark while her and the then board, snubbed him, also as part of the clan stabbing Mike Walker in the back and sacking him, shortly after his wifes death.

Fry, I despise as a person and convicted criminal, and not for homophobic reasons as some may think.

Bowkett and McNally have my total respect, clear?

[/quote]

We missed a trick there with Jimmy didn''t we Wiz? - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/1385249.stm

Only read the original post of this thread, which is a complete load of sh*t. Not the first time I''ve read this poster post similar comments. What a knob.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]Only read the original post of this thread, which is a complete load of sh*t. Not the first time I''ve read this poster post similar comments. What a knob.[/quote]

Wow.[:D]

[quote user="City1st"]"Wiz, do you hate all convicted criminals?"

I thinj his hatred of Mr Fruy is probably die to Mr Fry being everything wiz isn''t

Wealthy, successful, well liked by many

......... and somebody who actually goes to games, occassionally

As master gingerchap said, we are doing ok, in fact far better than ok

As a City fan of long standing (and now enforced sitting) this has been one of the most successful periods in the time I have been supporting them. Yep, there''s been bigger highs, but not such a long period of success.

I can only wonder at what motivates attacks upon the club or the board at this time.
[/quote]

Correct, and I was there, from 57'' to current... so shove it.

Wiz, what I am now failing to understand, is how you can trust/support Lambert, McNally and Bowkett, but not the owners? Surely these guys wouldn''t be here if they didn''t trust the owners?

I''m not saying you can''t dislike any aspect of the club, but if you want to be a Norwich supporter, unless there is any major issue (which there clearly isn''t) could you maybe just try a little to support the club as a whole? Be a little less doom and gloom in such a great time for the club?

yes, some of your tales of yesteryore have been of immense interest to us allmaybe you might dwell on them a bit more .........................and less on inventing disagreements within the club

[quote user="Gingerpele"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Am I the only one here who believes the board, Lambert and the fans are all on the same side?

Why do people continually try  to portray the board as a group of people who don''t want the club to be successful?

[/quote] I think most people (bar Wiz of course) think that nutty. I think some owners/boards are in it for other reasons, but ours aren''t. Delia may not be all that rich, but she certainly to me at least, appears to put a lot of her time and money into this club, she is clearly as passionate supporter as any other. What Wiz is doing by making the board sound like they aren''t back Lambert, is pretty much the same as if he had said the fans aren''t backing the team.. We all know, each and every Norwich fan wants us to win as much as possible, the board want the same.[/quote]

Now you know thats not what I said GP,  and its a little bit naughty of you to suggest so my friend.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Wiz, what I am now failing to understand, is how you can trust/support Lambert, McNally and Bowkett, but not the owners? Surely these guys wouldn''t be here if they didn''t trust the owners? I''m not saying you can''t dislike any aspect of the club, but if you want to be a Norwich supporter, unless there is any major issue (which there clearly isn''t) could you maybe just try a little to support the club as a whole? Be a little less doom and gloom in such a great time for the club?[/quote]

I shall take your advice GP, as I respect you, but the original intentions of this thread held no malice just concern.

I understand your not starting any Delia out campaigns, maybe I and others have taken your comments a bit too far. Just because we don''t fully agree with your concerns doesn''t give us the right to get aggressive/personal/insulting.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="A. Purist."][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Dick of PH Rag"][quote user="BroadstairsR"]

I agree with everything Old Shuck wrote. Everything registered with my opinion and thoughts.

How can you possibly be so anti Delia. She has a life to lead outside of football (successfully) and has, over the years, been a marvellous benefector to this club. Maybe she isn''t an Abramovich, but I personally am content with that. They have an anonymous figure at our beloved Town who fails to come up with the expected money, I would rather have a passionate pissed-up Delia any day.

Stephen Fry, marmite man, hasn''t done anything wrong, so why pick on him? Seems a bit predjudised really.

It was easy to be anti a two or three seasons ago, but nowadays it goes against the grain. Back to Old Shuck''s post, I suppose.

[/quote]Marcus Evans invested a substantial amount of money at Ipswich, but unfortunately for them allowed poor managers to spend it for him.Similarities with what happened here for many years prior to McNally and Lambert?[/quote]

Really?

That''s a very interesting comparison.

Time I tell I guess.

But I would have thought Evans would have zero chance of attracting anyone of the calibre of McNally or Lambert to his godforsaken club.

Where''s Bluumike these days. Maybe he could shed some light.

[/quote]And City were such a great prospect when luring Lambert away from Colchester?City got lucky this time while Ipswich haven''t. I seem to remember though that Ramsay and Robson did wonders at Portman Road while we were languishing amongst the also rans.Things could change very quickly and crowing about a manager (no doubt) soon to move on is very foolish indeed.[/quote]

Are you Bluemike? Or maybe related to him?

There''s a huge difference between our club and that lot down the road. The likes of you and Bluemike wouldn''t understand. We haven''t had hundreds of thousands of pounds turn up in the underworld whilst we ripped off the local community. We don''t take the easy option when things go wrong without a care to the people who are the clubs lifeblood. We recover in the right way which is why everyone in football respects our club and it''s owners.

You''d probably work for them but people with the integrity of McNally and Lambert wouldn''t.

[/quote]Surely a step up from not working at all, or possibly not?Are you seriously trying to claim that NCFC were a more attractive proposition than Ipswich currently are, when we were sitting in the 3rd Division with the technical genius Bryan Gunn as the manager our board were placing their trust in to rejuvenate an ailing club?

[quote user="Dick of PH Rag"]Not a case of Delia getting lucky with recruiting David McNally then?
[/quote]

Pure luck. You''re quite right. I was actually round at her place when she got a bit tiddly (it was a nice Chablis) and put on a blindfold and stuck a pin in the London telephone directory and it picked out McNally''s name. Total fluke. Absolutely nothing to do with her and Wynn Jones having years of experience in football and loads of contacts able to steer them in the right direction. Nothing to do with them interviewing McNally and working out for themselves that he might be half-decent at the job, and picking him ahead of all the other candidates.

You have to be fair in life.  Granted Delia/The Board have made some quite shabby decisions, and to balance it up, the appointment of Mr McNally has to be one of the best.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Dick of PH Rag"]Not a case of Delia getting lucky with recruiting David McNally then?[/quote]

Pure luck. You''re quite right. I was actually round at her place when she got a bit tiddly (it was a nice Chablis) and put on a blindfold and stuck a pin in the London telephone directory and it picked out McNally''s name. Total fluke. Absolutely nothing to do with her and Wynn Jones having years of experience in football and loads of contacts able to steer them in the right direction. Nothing to do with them interviewing McNally and working out for themselves that he might be half-decent at the job, and picking him ahead of all the other candidates.

[/quote]Maybe you are correct Purple?  So it wasn''t a pure fluke, but that leaves me with another question. Why did Delia and Michael Wynn Jones let Doncaster and Munby run/ruin the club for so many years when they had such a wealth of experience in football and significant contacts to steer us in the right direction?

[quote user="Dick of PH Rag"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Dick of PH Rag"]Not a case of Delia getting lucky with recruiting David McNally then?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Maybe you are correct Purple?  So it wasn''t a pure fluke, but that leaves me with another question. Why did Delia and Michael Wynn Jones let Doncaster and Munby run/ruin the club for so many years when they had such a wealth of experience in football and significant contacts to steer us in the right direction?
[/quote]

I don''t for a moment accept that Doncaster and Munby did run the club ruinously over the whole course of their time in office, just as I don''t regard Bowkett and McNally as having anything like a perfect record since they joined. The truth is far less black and white than that. But an explanation of why that is the case would take a few thousand words. Far too long for here and now.

So it seems we are enjoying this season because we were lucky - I can live with that ;-)     By equal turn we must have simply been unlucky when we got relegated to league one?  I can live with that too.

Precisely - its laughable.   

Its preposterous to suggest that ALL our good times are simply down to good fortune and the bad times mal-administration and lack of investment.    Its only ever about decisions - and just like EVERY other club (owners & managers) over the last 20 years, our current ones have made their share of excellent ones and bad ones;  many in both categories that I have disagreed with at the time, what I do not beleve any of those decision have been made intentionally to diminsh the club.   

There were plenty of people who felt that the sacking of gunn was wrong and others that lambert was the wrong appointment - thats an opinion just as it is the owners choice to use their opinion that at the time lambert, mcnally, gunn or roeder where the best available at those moments in time.

Live in the here and now - we have a progressive management team with a strong likelihood of additional premier league funds next year following a successful year back in the prem that the club will make available to take the team further in 2012-13.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[D]Was Beaus there too [:^)]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

So it seems we are enjoying this season because we were lucky - I can live with that ;-)     By equal turn we must have simply been unlucky when we got relegated to league one?  I can live with that too.

Precisely - its laughable.   

Its preposterous to suggest that ALL our good times are simply down to good fortune and the bad times mal-administration and lack of investment.    Its only ever about decisions - and just like EVERY other club (owners & managers) over the last 20 years, our current ones have made their share of excellent ones and bad ones;  many in both categories that I have disagreed with at the time, what I do not beleve any of those decision have been made intentionally to diminsh the club.   

There were plenty of people who felt that the sacking of gunn was wrong and others that lambert was the wrong appointment - thats an opinion just as it is the owners choice to use their opinion that at the time lambert, mcnally, gunn or roeder where the best available at those moments in time.

Live in the here and now - we have a progressive management team with a strong likelihood of additional premier league funds next year following a successful year back in the prem that the club will make available to take the team further in 2012-13.

[/quote]Unlucky dozens of times and shrewd once before the club disappeared into obscurity? Sounds like downright incompetance to me.Smith took on this club and treated it like a dolls house. The staff and players were the little people she made (and dressed in yellow shorts) and they all lived together happily in this personal little plaything ....the dumbed down luvvie support being the underprivileged local kids she wanted to show off to.I remain staggered that a man who genuinely made NCFC great is vilified by the misty eyed ignorant... yet a lucky break at the death represents apparent heroics?That''s the reality of it.... Sheer luck.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user= "Dick of PH Rag"]Not a case of Delia getting lucky with recruiting David McNally then?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[D]Was Beaus there too [:^)]

Oh no, nutty. It was only for members of the real Purist Inner Inner-Circle...[:P][;)][:D]