Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Club shares

Purple Canary,

The following is something I posted on the 2011 Accounts thread months ago:

Net Assets per ordinary share:

Net Assets per                         Net Assets per                              No. of                                                     

Ordinary share                          Cons. Balance Sheet                   Ordinary shares

Year ended 31.5.06                               £30.03                                    £14,742k                                   490,807

YE. 31.5.07                                          £29.79                                    £15,943k                                    535,235

YE. 31.5.08                                          £28.47                                    £15,245k                                    535,442

YE. 31.5.09                                          £17.20                                       £9,212k                                   535,526

YE. 31.5.10                                           £6.17                                        £3,308k                                   535,637

YE. 31.5.11                                           £1.57                                            £965k                                  616,052

Source : NCFC Plc Accounts re. Net Assets per Consolidated Balance Sheet and the number of ordinary shares in issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see the Net Assets per ordinary share as at the 31st May 2011 was £1.57

However as a result of debt reduction and spending on Intangible Assets (i.e. player registrations) this season, I would expect  the  Net Assets per ordinary share to increase by 31st May 2012.

I hope this helps

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Purple Canary,

The following is something I posted on the 2011 Accounts thread months ago:

Net Assets per ordinary share:

Net Assets per                         Net Assets per                              No. of                                                     

Ordinary share                          Cons. Balance Sheet                   Ordinary shares

Year ended 31.5.06                               £30.03                                    £14,742k                                   490,807

YE. 31.5.07                                          £29.79                                    £15,943k                                    535,235

YE. 31.5.08                                          £28.47                                    £15,245k                                    535,442

YE. 31.5.09                                          £17.20                                       £9,212k                                   535,526

YE. 31.5.10                                           £6.17                                        £3,308k                                   535,637

YE. 31.5.11                                           £1.57                                            £965k                                  616,052

Source : NCFC Plc Accounts re. Net Assets per Consolidated Balance Sheet and the number of ordinary shares in issue.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see the Net Assets per ordinary share as at the 31st May 2011 was £1.57

However as a result of debt reduction and spending on Intangible Assets (i.e. player registrations) this season, I would expect  the  Net Assets per ordinary share to increase by 31st May 2012.

I hope this helps

[/quote]

Tangible, thanks for taking the trouble to post that, but, frankly, I still don''t see on what you''re basing your view that the share price is tied to assets per share and that this might explain the apparent rise to £100. The logic escapes me still.

If the assets per share figure was around £30 in 2006 and has declined to £1.57, how come the share price, far from plumeting in tandem, has actually risen from £25 (the increase happening in 2007 I think) to £30 and now to a possible (although I am still sceptical) £100? There seems to be no link at all, which was my point all along. Even if there was a link, the debt reduction you mentioned almost certainly wouldn''t explain a jump from £30 to this apparent £100, let alone a jump from £1.57 a share to £100. I may be missing something very obvious. But my suspicion is the share price has nothing to do with assets per share.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

If the assets per share figure was around £30 in 2006 and has declined to £1.57, how come the share price, far from plumeting in tandem, has actually risen from £25 (the increase happening in 2007 I think) to £30 and now to a possible (although I am still sceptical) £100?

There seems to be no link at all, which was my point all along. Even if there was a link, the debt reduction you mentioned almost certainly wouldn''t explain a jump from £30 to this apparent £100, let alone a jump from £1.57 a share to £100. I may be missing something very obvious. But my suspicion is the share price has nothing to do with assets per share.

[/quote]

It did have a relationship when £16m. was quoted for the shares. 

If the price now is really £100 per ordinary share then may be theres a deterence premium in the price or they are they are adding nearly all the £48m. of parachute receipts into the net assets per ordinary share calculation. 

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

If the assets per share figure was around £30 in 2006 and has declined to £1.57, how come the share price, far from plumeting in tandem, has actually risen from £25 (the increase happening in 2007 I think) to £30 and now to a possible (although I am still sceptical) £100?

There seems to be no link at all, which was my point all along. Even if there was a link, the debt reduction you mentioned almost certainly wouldn''t explain a jump from £30 to this apparent £100, let alone a jump from £1.57 a share to £100. I may be missing something very obvious. But my suspicion is the share price has nothing to do with assets per share.

[/quote]

It did have a relationship when £16m. was quoted for the shares. 

If the price now is really £100 per ordinary share then may be theres a deterence premium in the price or they are they are adding nearly all the £48m. of parachute receipts into the net assets per ordinary share calculation. 

[/quote]

Tangible, I don''t want to prolong this, but I supect that apparent relationship back then was purely a coincidence, unless there was some public statement at the time. But even if there was a link then, plainly there hasn''t been for several years, otherwise the share price would have fallen to £1.57.

I suspect, given that we are an unlisted PLC, the determining factor has been what the directors have thought was the long-term underlying value of the company and not a very changeable asset per share figure. That, as you mention, might much better explain this possible (still sceptical...) rise to £100, which could well be aimed at deterrence.