Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Re: Mr McNally's bonus and a meeting with.............

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="City1st"]"The only member of our current board who did not back Gunn''s appointment was McNally."maybe because he was not on the board at the time of Gunn''s appointment[/quote]Nor were Stephan Phillips or Stephen Fry........[/quote]

...or Alan Bowkett. I guess if you''re going to get something wrong you might as well get it spectacularly wrong...[;)]

[/quote]Mark (3) was suggesting Bowkett and the Associate Directors supported the Gunn appointment......[/quote]

But, lappin, based on what?!?!?! [8-)]This is presumably just another of Smudg...sorry, Mark3''s fantasies. As far as I know, and I do tend to follow this stuff, Bowkett before he joined the board never expressed an opinion on Gunn''s appointment. If anything, based on his open letter, which bemoaned the fact that we had been relegated to the third tier, the chances he certainly wasn''t keen, at least in retrospect. Having just reread that letter, there is certainly not a word there suggesting Bowkett had backed the choice of Gunn.

[/quote]http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/vote_of_no_confidence_in_city_board_1_644974?ot=archant.PrintFriendlyPageLayout.ot

“The Associate Directors also gave their full backing to Bryan Gunn,

Ian Butterworth, Ian Crook and John Deehan wishing them every success.”

Bertram,

who, with his deputy Alan Bowkett, had made the initial calls for

senior heads to roll, said it was time to start afresh.

“We have got to pick ourselves up and start from here,” he said. “It was a very open and frank meeting, very positive.

“We have got to move forward. It is not good keep harping back. The stall has been laid out and we have to get on with it.

“We

have really got to get behind the management and give them every

possible chance. Ian Butterworth has had experience in lower leagues,

Dixie (John Deehan) I am told just works his socks off and goes from

ground to ground.

“Bryan is a figurehead, a known figure in the industry.

“He has got to be given a chance and he has got to be given the support of 20,000 supporters.”

Like I say, thank heavens for McNally (a guy with some knowledge of football) being introduced to the board several weeks after these events.

Tilly posted:

Now let me get this right.....are you saying that Mr Bowkett took you into his confidence and discussed the details of our Chief Executives salary and bonuses with somebody who he had ever heard of or met before ? Well if i was Mr McNally i think i would be a tad upset that this took place.How would you feel Tangible if your financial affairs were discussed to a fellow customer by say your Bank Manager?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are so predictable PC Bully Boy. There are some of us who know our way round the corporate world and know how to communicate with the company (club) in an appropriate manner.

Just contact your friend Roy Blower in a couple of days time (as I couldn''t see him earlier to show him some evidence) and he will be able to confirm that I had a meeting with Mr. Bowkett at 13:15 on the 7th January 2012. Alternatively you can contact the club direct.

BTW. although you didn''t write it clearly I assume you are trying to make out that Mr. Bowkett and I  had never met me before. Well you do look foolish as we have met before.

Once you have checked the facts with Roy Blower you can come back here and make a public apology for infering that I am lying about this meeting.  

[quote user="City1st"]"The only member of our current board who did not back Gunn''s appointment was McNally."maybe because he was not on the board at the time of Gunn''s appointment[/quote]Exactly!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Tilly posted:

Now let me get this right.....are you saying that Mr Bowkett took you into his confidence and discussed the details of our Chief Executives salary and bonuses with somebody who he had ever heard of or met before ? Well if i was Mr McNally i think i would be a tad upset that this took place.How would you feel Tangible if your financial affairs were discussed to a fellow customer by say your Bank Manager?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are so predictable PC Bully Boy. There are some of us who know our way round the corporate world and know how to communicate with the company (club) in an appropriate manner.

Just contact your friend Roy Blower in a couple of days time (as I couldn''t see him earlier to show him some evidence) and he will be able to confirm that I had a meeting with Mr. Bowkett at 13:15 on the 7th January 2012. Alternatively you can contact the club direct.

BTW. although you didn''t write it clearly I assume you are trying to make out that Mr. Bowkett and I  had never met me before. Well you do look foolish as we have met before.

Once you have checked the facts with Roy Blower you can come back here and make a public apology for infering that I am lying about this meeting.  

[/quote]Don''t hold your breath!

Yankee Canary, 

You are wrong regarding all the options.  

Seeing the contract and having a meeting came about as a result of having some questions of my own plus the discussion on the 2011 Accounts thread. I posted to answer a couple of questions regarding the new Geoffrey Watling Stand expressed on that thread.  

The comment about not discussing the contract was to stop you and others asking any further questions about the contract.

[quote user="Truth-Seeker.Mk3"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Tilly posted:

[/quote]

Don''t hold your breath!
[/quote]

....on the other hand.....[:D]

Tilly posted:

[/quote]

Just show me where exactly i said or infered that this meeting never took place.

However what i do find amazing is that Bowkett showed you precise details and a breakdown  of McNally''s salary and bonus structure by giving you access to view his contract of employment.That is how i read your OP unless of course you tell me different.

By the way i have better things to discuss with Roy than your activities in the corporate world but tell me for my reference who and where you exactly work in order that you mix in such high financial circles.

Congratulations by the way on your new humourous line of PC Bully Boy.Seems to me that is your sort of stock response when a straightforward question is asked of you.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]The comment about not discussing the contract was to stop you and others asking any further questions about the contract.

[/quote]

Good thinking Tangy! The best way to stop people talking about something is to start a new thread about it on here. That''ll shut ''em up. [:S]

Yankee Canary, 

You are wrong regarding all the options.  

Seeing the contract and having a meeting came about as a result of having some questions of my own plus the discussion on the 2011 Accounts thread. I posted to answer a couple of questions regarding the new Geoffrey Watling Stand expressed on that thread.  

The comment about not discussing the contract was to stop you and others asking any further questions about the contract.

[/quote]

Forgive me but if you had not brought the subject of McNally bonus onto a public forum you would not have opened yourself up to questions on the matter.

Jesus are you for real?????????????

[quote user="A semi-retired Purist."]Well done Tangy....  Mr. Bowkett is clearly a good judge of character. [/quote]Hehe! Cluckin'' Nora! [:D]

[quote user="Truth-Seeker.Mk3"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="City1st"]"The only member of our current board who did not back Gunn''s appointment was McNally."

maybe because he was not on the board at the time of Gunn''s appointment

[/quote]

Nor were Stephan Phillips or Stephen Fry........
[/quote]

...or Alan Bowkett. I guess if you''re going to get something wrong you might as well get it spectacularly wrong...[;)]

[/quote]

Mark (3) was suggesting Bowkett and the Associate Directors supported the Gunn appointment......
[/quote]

But, lappin, based on what?!?!?! [8-)]This is presumably just another of Smudg...sorry, Mark3''s fantasies. As far as I know, and I do tend to follow this stuff, Bowkett before he joined the board never expressed an opinion on Gunn''s appointment. If anything, based on his open letter, which bemoaned the fact that we had been relegated to the third tier, the chances he certainly wasn''t keen, at least in retrospect. Having just reread that letter, there is certainly not a word there suggesting Bowkett had backed the choice of Gunn.

[/quote]

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/vote_of_no_confidence_in_city_board_1_644974?ot=archant.PrintFriendlyPageLayout.ot

“The Associate Directors also gave their full backing to Bryan Gunn, Ian Butterworth, Ian Crook and John Deehan wishing them every success.”

Bertram, who, with his deputy Alan Bowkett, had made the initial calls for senior heads to roll, said it was time to start afresh.

“We have got to pick ourselves up and start from here,” he said. “It was a very open and frank meeting, very positive.

“We have got to move forward. It is not good keep harping back. The stall has been laid out and we have to get on with it.

“We have really got to get behind the management and give them every possible chance. Ian Butterworth has had experience in lower leagues, Dixie (John Deehan) I am told just works his socks off and goes from ground to ground.

“Bryan is a figurehead, a known figure in the industry.

“He has got to be given a chance and he has got to be given the support of 20,000 supporters.”

Like I say, thank heavens for McNally (a guy with some knowledge of football) being introduced to the board several weeks after these events.
[/quote]

Well, that is an interesting quote from Bertram, Truth-Seeker, but tells us nothing about how Bowkett viewed the appointment of Gunn after Roeder was sacked, which is what you were talking about, apparently claiming he had supported it. Not only is that from Bertram rather than Bowkett but also it is from the following summer, after Gunn''s reappointment, and neither Bertram nor Bowkett were hardly likely publicly to slag off the manager, whatever they felt privately. It would have been seized on as a sign of dissension. And even the "praise" there - "Bryan is a figurehead" - is damningly lukewarm.

Tilly posted:

However what i do find amazing is that Bowkett showed you precise details and a breakdown  of McNally''s salary and bonus structure by giving you access to view his contract of employment.That is how i read your OP unless of course you tell me different.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you are now saying that I did meet Mr. Bowkett. However to correct you he didn''t show me the contract and nor did I say that in the opening post (may I suggest you re read the opening post slowly). I saw the contract in an earlier meeting with the Finance Director. What I did do with Mr. Bowkett is CLARIFY (i.e., to make clear, to explain etc.) some points, which means I must have seen the contract in order to receive clarification.

If you know Corporate Law as well as I do you would know the rights of a shareholder.

Thats your problem Tilly, you don''t know the law!

BTW. Bully Boy refelects your behaviour on this bb.

Shefcanary,

It was confirmed to me that a new Geoffrey Watling Stand will not be built before the end of year three as we need to be established even though the external debt is planned to be cleared by the end of next season providing we stay up.  Making sure we stay up is one thing, there is enough demand is another and I personally think that some money may be needed in year three to cover the Corporation tax bill re year two and the rolled up interest from the debt servicing holiday (if its not paid in years one and two).

I hope that helps.  

Tilly posted:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you are now saying that I did meet Mr. Bowkett. However to correct you he didn''t show me the contract and nor did I say that in the opening post (may I suggest you re read the opening post slowly). I saw the contract in an earlier meeting with the Finance Director. What I did do with Mr. Bowkett is CLARIFY (i.e., to make clear, to explain etc.) some points, which means I must have seen the contract in order to receive clarification.

If you know Corporate Law as well as I do you would know the rights of a shareholder.

Thats your problem Tilly, you don''t know the law!

BTW. Bully Boy refelects your behaviour on this bb.

[/quote]

Again and i repeat so read slowly yourself.....where did i say or infere that you did not have this meetin?.In your opening post you mention McNallys  contract in the same in relation to your meeting with Bowkett.No previous meetings with other Club staff were mentioned where the viewing of  the Chief executives contract was given a for your eyes only viewing so you wonder why the assumption was that Bowkett showed it to you which i still maintain is unbelievable that you saw it no matter who gave it to you.

Anyway the bottom line is that nobody gives a flying fig about how much Mr McNally received by way of salary or bonuses other than you and if it was such a hush hush meeting why the hell start a thread on it in the first place?

Tilly,

You are being very disingenuous, your statement below is clearly inferring your

sceptism of the OPs claim, whether you pretend otherwise or not.

Now let me get this right.....are you saying that Mr

Bowkett took you into his confidence and discussed the details of our

Chief Executives salary and bonuses with somebody who he had ever heard of or

met before ?

Why the need for games?

Tilly,

I am sorry that you have a problem reading and understanding the opening post. 

You now state: ...’I still maintain (it) is unbelievable that you saw it no matter who gave it to you.’

So may I suggest you stop making yourself look foolish as you are showing your ignorance of Corporate Law.

As I said previously: Thats your problem Tilly, you don''t know the law!

Finally I see you cant resist showing your Bully Boy ways by telling people what they can and cannot do and post.

[quote user="Desert Fox"]

Tilly,

You are being very disingenuous, your statement below is clearly inferring your sceptism of the OPs claim, whether you pretend otherwise or not.

Now let me get this right.....are you saying that Mr Bowkett took you into his confidence and discussed the details of our Chief Executives salary and bonuses with somebody who he had ever heard of or met before ?

Why the need for games?

[/quote]

DF the OP is claiming that i said  or inferred that this meeting never took place.How has that come about from what you quote above?

He now also changes direction and claims that McNallys contract was shown to him by the finance director and not Bowkett.By finance director i assume he means the director of finance Sam Gordon.

This is not a game by me but i find it incredible that a supporter can pitch up at Carrow Road and is privy to the contract details including the breakdown of how a salary and bonuses are made up for a club employee.Could i turn up at your place of work as a customer and ask to see your P60 or a breakdown of your PAYE/NIC or pension contributions?

Finally I see you cant resist showing your Bully Boy ways by telling people what they can and cannot do and post.

[/quote]

What now....put some meat on the bones please.

Tilly,

You need to man up and admit you were wrong as you jumped to the wrong assumption.

So I repeat, may I suggest you stop making yourself look foolish as you are showing your ignorance of Corporate Law.

Tilly,

You need to man up and admit you were wrong as you jumped to the wrong assumption.

So I repeat, may I suggest you stop making yourself look foolish as you are showing your ignorance of Corporate Law.

[/quote]

Oh silly me i just saw you had posted and thought it might be a response to my last post about meat on the bones.I completely forgot you never ever give a straight answer to anything that is asked of you.

Last question before i go to bed........Can i go to Carrow Road and ask to see the contract detail and content regarding salaries of club employees or is that just for you high fliers in the world of Corporate finance.Being a mere season ticket holder and shareholder does not cut the mustard then? A simple yes or no will do without the PC Bully Boy references and for about the 4th time tonight informing me that i am ignorant of corporate law.

Tilly,

[/quote]

Oh silly me i just saw you had posted and thought it might be a response to my last post about meat on the bones.I completely forgot you never ever give a straight answer to anything that is asked of you.

Last question before i go to bed........Can i go to Carrow Road and ask to see the contract detail and content regarding salaries of club employees or is that just for you high fliers in the world of Corporate finance.Being a mere season ticket holder and shareholder does not cut the mustard then? A simple yes or no will do without the PC Bully Boy references and for about the 4th time tonight informing me that i am ignorant of corporate law.

Tilly,

[/quote]

"I see i have asked you three times"

a sort of ...Hello,
Hello, Hello ?

(don''t know why this in italics)

Mmmmm.... Looks like someone just spat their dummy out Tangy!

[quote user="A semi-retired Purist."]Mmmmm.... Looks like someone just spat their dummy out Tangy![/quote]Speaking of dummies...hi Cluck. [;)]

Excellent work, special agent Tangie.

Once you get past the first post though, isn''t this the usual argument from usual suspects ?

To paraphrase Python painfully, did you book a 5 page argument, or will you be taking the full 30 pages ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Excellent work, special agent Tangie. Once you get past the first post though, isn''t this the usual argument from usual suspects ? To paraphrase Python painfully, did you book a 5 page argument, or will you be taking the full 30 pages ?[/quote]

I was going to join the congrats but if I did it would become the 100 page job.........Oh BLAST

By the way Happy New Year Blah

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Excellent work, special agent Tangie. Once you get past the first post though, isn''t this the usual argument from usual suspects ? To paraphrase Python painfully, did you book a 5 page argument, or will you be taking the full 30 pages ?[/quote]

I was going to join the congrats but if I did it would become the 100 page job.........Oh BLAST

[/quote]

Butler!!! It hasn''t been the same without you!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

[/quote]And to you too Mr Butler sir !  I hope and trust all is well !