Sign in to follow this  
Matt Juler

Sunderland Game Moved Again... to Wednesday!

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]not that I think last minute transfer deadline day signings are Lamberts style but not having a game now on January 31st might make it easier if we did need to get involved in any of that ??[/quote]

I must admit when I first saw that we played on the 31st of Jan, it did seem a little odd that whilst some clubs would be pulling off last minute deals, our manager would be preparing for a game up in Sunderland; but then again, would Lambert have to be present or could McNally just have stayed in Norwich? Not that I thought we would be doing business on the last day anyway.

Very true GJL, but the same could be said for Sunderland and I''d say they are more likely to do a spot of last minute shopping than us.

Will the game still be on the tele now?

What do you mean by moved AGAIN? It''s always been on the 31st, full Prem programme that midweek.

Very frustrating for those who have made travel plans but I''m glad, can watch transfer deadline day without the stress of a game now!

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]What do you mean by moved AGAIN? It''s always been on the 31st, full Prem programme that midweek.

Very frustrating for those who have made travel plans but I''m glad, can watch transfer deadline day without the stress of a game now![/quote] It was initially moved from 7:45pm to 8pm for Sky.

I think there''s a bit of misconception about these last day deals, it''s not always about a deadline day rush. eg. Maynard at Bristol City, we all know he''s for sale this January but he''s yet to be sold, this is because Bristol City are trying to get the best price for him. They will turn down all deals until towards the end of the window, then contact who they think is the best deal. The signing maybe on the last day but the deal could have been negotiated at the start of the window  

But there''s a chain Swindon buddy. If Maynard goes then Bristol City need to replace him in the same window. And so on.....

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]What do you mean by moved AGAIN? It''s always been on the 31st, full Prem programme that midweek.

Very frustrating for those who have made travel plans but I''m glad, can watch transfer deadline day without the stress of a game now![/quote] It was initially moved from 7:45pm to 8pm for Sky.[/quote]

I don''t think that counts!

Arrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh! Hate it when they move fixtures, especially so close to the fixture.Got to hope I can re-arrange my day off work, and cancel my Wednesday night commitment.I travel on Club Canary so at least I don''t have to re-arrange that. I do feel sorry for those who''ve got trains & accomodation already booked.[:@] [:@] [:@]

[quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]What do you mean by moved AGAIN? It''s always been on the 31st, full Prem programme that midweek.

Very frustrating for those who have made travel plans but I''m glad, can watch transfer deadline day without the stress of a game now![/quote] It was initially moved from 7:45pm to 8pm for Sky.[/quote]I see it''s still on Sky, Matt....... Sunderland will now have two live home matches in four days.I think you mentioned that London supporters could get there and back for around £20 advance fare on the East Coast line, plus hotel. This latest change shows the danger of booking any '' bargain '' travel arrangements in advance....

I did swear my backide off when I heard. Already booked accommodation and trains!

As it falls during a week when I am using some holiday up, i''m adding another night to the trip. Arriving Tuesday morning and travelling home Thursday morning.

Hopefully the bright lights of Sunderland can keep me entertained....

Anyone know what it''s like as a place? I''ve never been before.

Match ticket came today, i''m row 33 seat seven hundred and something.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Matt Juler"][quote user="When Saturday Comes"]What do you mean by moved AGAIN? It''s always been on the 31st, full Prem programme that midweek.

Very frustrating for those who have made travel plans but I''m glad, can watch transfer deadline day without the stress of a game now![/quote] It was initially moved from 7:45pm to 8pm for Sky.[/quote]I see it''s still on Sky, Matt....... Sunderland will now have two live home matches in four days.I think you mentioned that London supporters could get there and back for around £20 advance fare on the East Coast line, plus hotel. This latest change shows the danger of booking any '' bargain '' travel arrangements in advance....

[/quote]Fixtures should simply not change this close to the scheduled date, why even schedule a match for a Tuesday night when Wednesday is safe?

I''vebooked the day off for this as has my usual travelling companion. Whether we can rearrange dates now is unknown!I''m not happy about it. If Sunderland wish to take the money for a televised match on Sunday then when should we suffer? They should have to play 2 in 3 days. Brighton had to play a cup game on a Wednesday for TV and then a TV league match on a Friday.Also, we now have one less day to recover for the Bolton game. I do sometimes wonder if we would have been given this level of flexibility if our cup game had been chosen for tv on the Sunday!!!

[quote user="farley"]I''vebooked the day off for this as has my usual travelling companion. Whether we can rearrange dates now is unknown!
I''m not happy about it. If Sunderland wish to take the money for a televised match on Sunday then when should we suffer? They should have to play 2 in 3 days. Brighton had to play a cup game on a Wednesday for TV and then a TV league match on a Friday.
Also, we now have one less day to recover for the Bolton game.
I do sometimes wonder if we would have been given this level of flexibility if our cup game had been chosen for tv on the Sunday!!!

[/quote]

On the other hand ,with one extra day to recover,we might play a stronger team in the cup at match WBA than we may have otherwise done?

[quote user="Rotherham Canary"]I did swear my backide off when I heard. Already booked accommodation and trains!

As it falls during a week when I am using some holiday up, i''m adding another night to the trip. Arriving Tuesday morning and travelling home Thursday morning.

Hopefully the bright lights of Sunderland can keep me entertained....

Anyone know what it''s like as a place? I''ve never been before.

Match ticket came today, i''m row 33 seat seven hundred and something.[/quote]

I go to university there mate. It''s an alright place, a bit of a "city on the up" as such. Meaning that it''s pretty shit in some places, but being redeveloped a lot. Some places really remind of the shithole that is Thetford town centre. The locals are really friendly though, I was talking to a cabbie about Norwich, and he said that the fans there have a good relationship with Norwich, and are very accomodating. The Stadium is alright as well. It''s one of these ones where the pitch is sort of in a "pit" as in it''s lower the ground level. But they can create a really good atmosphere there when they want.

I think I''m around row 37. Any ideas where everyone''s heading for a drink before the game?

OTBC