Sign in to follow this  
stroud canary

So how many points will we need?

OK so after all that happened yesterday time to think what will be enough.

Its almost impossible to predict whats going to happen but this is a view through my yellow and green shades!!

Southampton - if they dont beat us at home I dont think they will make it. As they have an MAN UTD at home and three away games. There season totally depends on the games against us and Palace.

Prediction 33 at best.

Palace - Again three away games, LIVERPOOL and SOTON at home. Will probably rue not beating us.

Prediction 32 points.

That leaves WBA - definatley the favorites now. However got to go to MAN U and have ARSENAL at home. Two tough away games coming up, that leaves there best chance of points against BLACKBURN and POMPEY at home.

Prediction 33 points (I HOPE!).

So 34 might be enough - 3 wins 1 draw. I think we all know we need 3 pts against Soton. A win against Charlton or Newcastle this week is a must. Brum at home is a great chance. So going to Fulham still with a chance is a possibility.

I know we have not had anywhere near a run like this before, but with a fully fit side, Deano and Leon playing brilliantly together we just need the Defence to tighten up - ALOT!

Anyone else share my optimism?

IMO opinion if we are going to have any chance of staying up our remaining games are going to have to go something like this:

Newcastle (h)- WIN

Charlton (h)- WIN

Southampton (a)- DRAW/WIN

Birmingham (h)- WIN

Fulham (a)- DRAW

Giving us a total of between 34-37.  Only then can I see us leap froging the bottom 3

if we beat newcastle and charlton i think depending on other results elsewhere it might get interesting.

If we had 3 points from the last game, the table would have looked alot better from norwich''s point of view.

I would go with 35 to give us any hope at all , can see West Brom beating Blackburn and Portsmouth at home and even then we will need them to get nothing from their other 4 matches. Will we win 3 on the bounce at home and avoid defeat in 2 away games, very unlikely

i agree with dumbledelia about the points needed. the six points in the next two games are absolute essential and seeing newcastle and charlton this weekend it is certainly not asking the impossible

I predicted 34 points will be safe before christmas and I still that that will be OK - and could still be lower.

For us to get to 34 we realistically need to win our next two home games - do that and we will no longer be bottom of the table and will send an awesome message to our opponents, just in time for the soton game too.  But we MUST MUST MUST defend far better.

10 points from 5 games - realistically that sort of form is well well beyond us, but given our run in it is not impossible - but I said that when we had our ''easy'' run of games in Oct and Nov and look how well we did there!

OTBC