Sign in to follow this  
canarycol

The Vine Yesterday

After going to the Royal oak pub first which started to fill up with home fans, It has changed a lot since I last went in there I went to the vine which had a nice mix of city and west brom fans, you could hardly move, but everything went really well I thought met some decent baggies fans went on a ramble in the countryside to get to the ground ended up where all the home fans were going in to the smethwick end no problems at all got in the ground the atmosphere from city fans was fantastic, when we went one nil up I phoned my west brom mate who was in the home end his phone kept rejecting my call (lol) when our second went in the place went mental baggies fans were leaving long before the end we were singing as we left the stadium fantastic support from all those who came Then watched it on MOTD made me happy to see the likes of shearer hansen and lineker say some nice words about city However hard it is for them to do so

PROUD TO BE A CITY FAN

OTBC

Got to agree that '' The Vine '' was a great pub.Bit of a mission to find and from the front it looked tiny.  Narrow entrance but got wider and wider the further back you went. ( perhaps they should re-name it The Tardis ? ) Really good mix of fans and the atmosphere was very friendly.The pub is run by Asians and the food menu - which was both English and Indian - together with an indoor barbeque, was something I don''t think I''ve ever seen before in a pre-match pub. The food was good and served quickly.Unless I go back there in a fortnight''s time I doubt I''ll be eating chicken tikka and chips before an away game any time soon......

I was only in there for a short time thanks to the A14 roadworks, but I thought it was brilliant. Excellent food at low prices and plenty of bar and catering staff for a busy prematch (unlike the hostelry I frequent in Norwich before games). Can you imagine if someone opened a similar establishment near Carrow Rd? They''d make a fortune and could probably afford to shut the rest of the week.

[quote user="missing warden"]Sounds like this pub was better than people thought they''d get.

Kathy sounds like you should change your pre-match watering hole for home games
[/quote]

Yes but where else could I go to be insulted and told on a regualr basis that Grant Holt is fat and over the hill. It would ruin the matchday experience for several people if I went elsewhere [;)]

I have to say that the Vine was brilliant. Much bigger than it looked and exceptional Indian food at very reasonable prices. Easy to get away from the sidestreet nearby after the game, but that may be because most WBA fans had left with 10 minutes to go!

[quote user="missing warden"]
[/quote]

Where else could she hear such references to her Grant as " run fat boy run" and " a great big tub of lard."[;)] Today she has learnt that one of her facebook friends( i''m sure you know some of them) took her kids to a function at Carrow Road and had a "cheeky feel of Grants bum" whilst having her photo taken with him.As someone has just told Kathy " there''s enough of it to feel".

Now such banter as that is only available to our Kathy in The Nelson and most certainly not in The Ketts Tavern or similar NCFC watering holes.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="missing warden"]
[/quote]

Where else could she hear such references to her Grant as " run fat boy run" and " a great big tub of lard."[;)] Today she has learnt that one of her facebook friends( i''m sure you know some of them) took her kids to a function at Carrow Road and had a "cheeky feel of Grants bum" whilst having her photo taken with him.As someone has just told Kathy " there''s enough of it to feel".

Now such banter as that is only available to our Kathy in The Nelson and most certainly not in The Ketts Tavern or similar NCFC watering holes.

[/quote]

And lo, there was a great wrath in Reepham and a plague of locusts was visited on the pretender to Grant''s affections.

"Chicken botherer attacks rival in jealous rage" was the headline the EDP actually used....

[quote user="Beauseant"]

"Chicken botherer attacks rival in jealous rage" was the headline the EDP actually used....

[/quote]

" Chicken  botherer" oh dear me Robin that should make the INCSC Committee meeting this coming Wednesday somewhat lively.[:D]

"Then watched it on MOTD made me happy to see the likes of shearer

hansen and lineker say some nice words about city However hard it

is for them to do so"Quite hard for Lineker as the autocue broke down and he was left actually having to say something rather than reading out what someone else has aleady writtenThankfully Hansen had no such problems as he was able to regularly glance down at his notes - as he always does.

ps note to Shearer, get someone else to write your script. City did not score with a few minutes to go. A previous game he had another player scoring for us. As much as I have a nostalgic affection for MOTD, it is slowly degenerating into a Songs of Praise style timewarp