Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Ed Balls wearing a Norwich scarf today

Ed Balls is a politician right?

Is he one everyone hates? Because then you shouldn''t be so happy to see him in Norwich colours in public.....

Gingerpele: He''s Labour (of whom traditionally do not have a great base in East Anglia (at least, outside of Norwich)), and was a candidate in the last Labour leadership contest.

If you hate him or not is purely one of political opinion. (I consider myself quite left-wing and think he is ok; but even some on the left may have a different opinion to me.)

I don''t really have a political opinion myself, is that bad?

I thought I liked the Lib Dems, but don''t anymore.... Thats about as far as my political opinion goes :P

Not at all GP. I voted Lib Dem at the last election and have massively regretted it ever since.

If you think there is no political party that represents your point of view then you can exercise your right not to vote, it''s the beauty of living in a democracy (unlike Australia; where you HAVE to vote regardless).

He''d have his goolies round his neck if I had my way. The architect of Britain''s ruin under his mentor Brown... then claims to know how to solve the problems he created over 13 years?Of all the clubs this goon could have attached himself to.... but then people in the limelight have always had a welcome here in recent times.

[quote user="Panic"]Architect of ruin?

So a global financial crisis wasn''t to blame at all?[/quote]No.

Don''t get me wrong, I am not a Labour supporter; but you have absolutely not backing to that claim.

"

So a global financial crisis wasn''t to blame at all?"I wonder what caused that then ?

ps what is often forgotten is the rather reckless lending by the banks was actually defend by George Osborne in 2006 who not only championed such role models as the ''Celtic Tigers'' but castigated the government of the time for not following their exampleOddly enough George doesn''t tell us who had to bail out one of those countries

[quote user="City1st"]"

So a global financial crisis wasn''t to blame at all?"I wonder what caused that then ?

ps what is often forgotten is the rather reckless lending by the banks was actually defend by George Osborne in 2006 who not only championed such role models as the ''Celtic Tigers'' but castigated the government of the time for not following their exampleOddly enough George doesn''t tell us who had to bail out one of those countries[/quote]

Osborne is a crap economist, as are all economists, because economics is crap.

They insist they can form meaningful predictive mathematical models. Unfortunately they forget that the only mathematical systems we have are conservative ones, & economics exists in a demonstrably non-conservative environment.

It''s like long-term weather forecasting, only worse.

Anyway, Balls is even scarier than Gideon.

"He''d have his goolies round his neck if I had my way. The architect of Britain''s ruin under his mentor Brown... then claims to know how to solve the problems he created over 13 years?

Of all the clubs this goon could have attached himself to.... but then people in the limelight have always had a welcome here in recent times."

As he was born in Norwich, I would think that gives him as much right as anyone else to support the club, or "attach himself", as you put it - why shouldn''t he?

I have absolutely no political opinion either way on Ed Balls, but he was apparently born in Norwich and grew up here. His constituency is in Leeds, so if he was just supporting a team to gain political favour it would likely be them.

Therefore it''s probably fair to say that he''s a genuine Canaries fan, much like the rest of us. So even if you dislike his politics, how about instead of criticising him, let''s all be happy that someone in the public eye is proud to be associated with this great club!

Don’t want to get into any political discussions on message boards (not my thing), but it was good to such see a prominent public figure wearing a Norwich City scarf on TV.

Cluck is using Ed Balls as a stick to beat DS and MWJ now!?

Would be very easy and convenient for him to have been "seen" as a Leeds fan. Instead of that, he is, and chooses to be, a Norwich fan-and has been since childhood, despite all the distractions.

Its good to see.

Ha, might have guessed who was behind that comment - architect of Britain''s ruin my a*se.

He''s old enough to know who that was and he probably has a shrine to her in his house!

So the fact that the previous Labour government spent money it didn''t have and had to borrow to fund it''s spending is irrelevant?Sound exactly like the same rubbish that Balls and his cronies have been spewing out since they got kicked out.I''d couldn''t think of anyone i would rather not see wearing an NCFC scarf.

Didn''t see much of Ed the Balls at Carra when we were in the first Division a couple of seasons ago.......probably too busy helping the previous Government in laying the foundations for a ConDem Government to pick up the pieces. Ed and his missus have certainly got all the answers - now that they ain''t in power.....

I have never voted labour and doubt I ever will,  I dont share his views or opinions and more than I do Ricardos, Mr Chops Nuttys, tangies, BW or First Wizards but like us all,  he appears to be a genuine City fan and so I welcome him as an equal and fellow devotee at the church of NCFC with Carrow Road.

[quote user="a1canary"]Ha, might have guessed who was behind that comment - architect of Britain''s ruin my a*se. He''s old enough to know who that was and he probably has a shrine to her in his house![/quote]

How nice to read you still remember me a1.

I hope you remember that Labour Governments results have ranged between the merely shabby and the truly catastrophic. Phoney Ed Balls should remember that every Prime Minister needs a Willie. I usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it. Balls is Frit! Frit! Afraid! We should back the workers, not the shirkers! But it would be a grave mistake to think that freedom requires nothing of us. The architect of Britain''s ruin is not your a*se but it is a man. It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

Blue is the colour.

I suspect much of the limpness surrounding our modern club support stems from this la de da leftie/let''s plant a tree thinking where being a proper man equals a disrespect of women''s rights and having a right of centre opinion equals fascism. Labour wrecked Britain by spending and not saving.... reflecting much of the country these days who want something for nothing and has a hatred for anyone who does well in life and owns ''things'' they could only steal.Balls is a joke... and supporting NCFC is just a ''down with the kids'' thing to make him appear to be ''in touch'' with the people.

Good if unusual to see a politician wearing his football teams colours.Perhaps next time he should top it off with a yellow and green wig. Wouldn''t look much less false than his - alleged - existing rug which almost beats dear old Reggie Bosanquet''s syrup which popped up regularly on '' The Ten O''Clock News '' back in the day.On the other hand maybe it''s just the way he hangs.....[:)]