Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Dani Pacheco

Doubt we could get him this window as he has a loan contract. Think it''s clear that he would love to come back though.

I know we have talked about him and Lansbury a great deal and some have different opinions. But having seen Pacheco, even in his not so good games, he showed pure class, an understanding of the ethos and the desire he still shows for this club is amazing.

He obviously has bought into Lamberts ethos, hence why he was so prominent in voicing his praise of Ayala''s move to NCFC. His love at the promotion party and clearly a sense of belonging. This is a young man moving from his homeland to liverpool, where he has been sparingly used coming on loan to Norwich. Even now he shows his joy at Norwich results and clearly has a great affection for the club, the team, the individuals and the magic at the club at this time.

His movement, vision, first touch is at times sublime, I am a fan  and am thankful I saw an exceptional player at Carrow Road last season. His goal against Cov. at home was amazing, movement before he got the ball and then the way he used his body to disguise his shot and make the cov. defenders and goalie stand like statues.

I have said it before both he and Lansbury are better individually than our attacking midfielders, they both would command a fee which would in years to come be added to quite considerably if they continue to improve as they have shown. I for one would love to him back in a NCFC shirt and certainly would be very keen to speak with him up through to the summer where we could look for his signature. I would think if we were in for him and offered him maybe a little less than a rival team in the prem. or in Europe he would still come. He has shown that he has bought into the ethos and fans with his celebrations. But who knows?

I think Athletico might buy him in the summer, they must be pretty sure they want to, otherwise they wouldn''t have bothered with the silly loaning, then loaning out again deal.

I wonder if Lambert tried to sign him and/or Lansbury in the summer, I think there was some mention (maybe even from Lambert himself) about Lansbury being too expensive, another year in the Championship isn''t going to turn him into a premiership footballer. Perhaps he could have come here on loan, but Lambert wanted the two loan spots for more important players?

Pacheco was/is a pretty good player, in the right team/system i''m sure he will be a top division player, wether thats premiership or La Liga we don''t yet know. I certainly would like to see him back here, but not confidant that will happen.

Say if we put in a bid, equal to what ever Athletico have to pay, you would imagine there will be three main factors in Pacheco''s decision, money, Spain/England, first team opportunities.

AM probably would probably offer higher a higher wage, but you would imagine slightly limited first team action, at least at first. I think the biggest factor is wether he wants to be in Spain or England, he''s not from Madrid I don''t think, so maybe the fact he already has spent time here, and obviously enjoyed it might give us an advantage? That is if Lambert wants to sign him and has the fund available... If Liverpool think Carrol is worth £35 million, Pacheco might be valued at £20 million :P

Thats what I was thinking. The option Atletico Madrid have on him is only worth anything if the player wants to stay. A quick look through his twitter seems to show a player with a burning desire to return here than stay there, despite it being his homeland.

He''s already been mucked about by Liverpool with loans here and there, don''t think he''d be up for much more of that with Atletico Madrid, which is more than likely what will happen to him.

I thought it was under £1 million for Ayala, either way its a very good deal.

They should be asking for too higher transfer fee for Pacheco, they''ve showed no desire to keep hold of him, other than loaning instead of selling. He probably doesn''t really want to stay there, he''s never going to get ahead of Suarez is he? You would hope no more than £2 million or so, but based on Ayala''s transfer fee and his apparent talent, maybe £1 million is more likely? To be honest, I don''t have a clue :P

Does anyone know how he is doing this season, Is he getting games?

8 substitute appearances in league, one cup start, no goals

and according to http://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/Profile/724 his contract runs until 2014.

There''s something really strange about this loan business with Pacheco... The fact that Atletico have loaned him out again suggests that they don''t particularly want or need him - but then, why loan him in in the first place?! Why didn''t Liverpool loan him directly to Rayo Vallecano?! Rayo clearly don''t rate him either, otherwise he''d get more than a handful of sub appearances. He clearly wants to come back to Norwich... I wonder if the Spanish clubs could be persuaded to cancel his loan so that Liverpool could sell him to us before the end of the month?

Makes no sense to me either, am I right in thinking that if our club made an offer for Pacheco, Liverpool would be able to cancel his loan/s to sell without Athletico/Rayo having much say?

His certainly still got the right mentality to be playing for us.

Depends on the terms of the loan deal but I doubt it unless they had the consent of the club(s) where he is on loan.

Short term loans tend to have recall clauses but season long loans don''t.

We may end up having to pay all three teams, Athletico and Rayo would probably be easily bought.

[quote user="andyc24_uk"]There''s something really strange about this loan business with Pacheco... The fact that Atletico have loaned him out again suggests that they don''t particularly want or need him - but then, why loan him in in the first place?! Why didn''t Liverpool loan him directly to Rayo Vallecano?! Rayo clearly don''t rate him either, otherwise he''d get more than a handful of sub appearances. He clearly wants to come back to Norwich... I wonder if the Spanish clubs could be persuaded to cancel his loan so that Liverpool could sell him to us before the end of the month?[/quote]Liverpool loaned him to Atletico and then gave Atletico a fixed fee for which they could buy him, so if he does well and his value increases they can still sign him for the fixed price and if he doesn''t do well then they don''t have to commit to anything. That to me suggests Liverpool no longer want him so if Atletico aren''t interested there''s a good chance he''d be available in the Summer for a reasonable price.

Anyone with a twitter account want to ask him where his legal status is for what club etc and whether he can clear up the whole double loan situation?

The one thing Roeder''s reign should have given us is an extensive knowledge of the loan system!Aren''t loans to/from foreign countries technically full transfers with a buy back clause.  When we had 7 at once we could play the maximum 5 plus Lupoli if I''ve remembered correct.  So Atletico would have to recall him and Liverpool would have to buy him back at the originally agreed price, presuming we couldn''t then just buy him straight from Atletico.

Makes you wonder about the well being of players when they are being palmed off to different clubs.  How is Pacheco expected to produce good football when he is loaned out/sold from Liverpool then loaned straight off out to another club.   It doesn''t seem like good man management or in the best interest of the player.    Athletico Madrid look like they are messing him around - unless someone can tell me different.   Buying or loaning players in and then passing them straight on again is on the face of it pretty bad management.

Come home Dani!!!! I rated him, and though young and lacking in experience, he showed vision, class and the potential to develop further. Whats more is that he loved his time here and in some ways is now a fan of the club... you cant buy that sort of comitment. SIGN HIM UP!

IMO the lad seems to want to settle somewhere permanent at a place he likes. Like what was said a above, shifting around is going to develop him very quickly.

I do feel as though we''re missing players in his and Lansbury''s ilk this season. It''s the one very minor criticism I have of our squad. Last season we had one of Hoolahan or Lansbury on the bench, both of whom are game changers, plus Pacheco who''s the same.

Now when Hoolahan starts we don''t really have that, more often than not it''s been Bennett, who, to be fair, did make the difference vs Fulham. I don''t necessarily think Pacheco and Lansbury are the ones to do it but players of their ilk would really make the difference for us I feel.

As someone above mentioned, as it is a ''loan'' arrangement between two different countries Dani has technically been transferred to Madrid for a season; it will be written into the terms of the contract that he returns to Liverpool at the end of the season (although in this case there is a ''right to buy'' included). This means that he can then be loaned from Madrid to Rayo under the normal league loan rules.

As I understand it Madrid want to buy Dani, but wanted to defer to full payment for a season (as they are a bit hard up at the moment) and also wanted him to gain some experience with another club (not that it is really happening). However, there has been a recent manager change at Madrid which may mean the transfer doesn''t happen, also his less than convincing performances may make Madrid rethink the whole transfer. Nothing will happen this transfer window but come the summer things might change.