Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

We'd have taken 4 points from these two games

OK, so we''re down about not winning after being 3-1 up. But then had we drawn against Man Utd and won today we would have been ecstatic. The only difference is that Palace have one point more than had we beaten them. Also, we were 1-0 down and looking poor (so I hear) but we didn''t crumble and we didn''t lose which would have killed us. We are still just about in the mix. We need to hope Newcastle lose tomorrow and that sets us up for two home games against sides with little to play for.

if we would have a maximum 6 points from our last two game, id be so in dream land........ And wed have a half decent chance of staying up.

But now, us and palace are both down.

If we had been told that we would get 4 points out of the palace and united games i think many people would have seen its as a good thing. Maybe they would have believed that we would beat palace and draw with united, but either way it''s still 4 points. Looking back we can be dissapointed at the palace game but before those 2 games we would have taken the 4 points. So lets be positive.

Well at least Palace didn''t beat us- then it would have been all over. It would have been superb to get those 6 points but lets not forget that without Greeno we could have gone home with zilch yesterday. We''re hanging by a thread but we have fallen quite yet. Tuesday will be tense, we need to get an intimidating atmosphere going.

We need West Brom to hit a bad patch big time , already effectively 5 points behind its going to be hard to pass them. And looking at their last match Portsmouth at home (would love to send Saints down) we may need to be 4 points ahead of the Baggies come the final Sunday.

We are now only 4 points from safety (the same as we have from the last 2 games) and the target team, currently the baggies, have by far the worst run in or the 3 from 4 candidates - talk of Fulhm joining the battle are way off target - 34 points will probably make any side safe..

Palace will battle an get a few points but we were their easiest game left and couldnt get three points, soton appear to be the team on the slippery slope - if we can avoid defeat there I think it is game on.

There are still five games and we have 3 winnable ones IF our defence can focus, our midfield harry as they did against manure and we get the ball to our front pair, we will score.  Toon will be a non-entity given their last 4 days and injury list, charlton and bham are already looking at the beach.  

Yes I would have loved to have taken three points from the game yesterday; the situation is very dire but we didnt lose, as we could have, which would have been THE END.  Strangely I am now more confident that we can, but probably wont, avoid relegation - my fear is my long held prediction of a last day relegation on goal difference after NOT winning at fulham could be drawing far too close...

Be positive on Weds - home wins are the key to our survival.

OTBC

I had been looking at an old fixture list!! But then Tuesday will probably still be tense as we begin to get worried. I''m going to be a wreck!

Ivor the Engine, a non-football related enquiry here. Is your signature ''You are Fogiven'' from the Buff Medways song "Ivor the Engine"?

Hi ''could have been'' it is from a song but its not that one. Its from ''A quick one while he''s away'' by the Who.

I''m not familiar with the Buff Medways but you''ve got me interested.. I''m going to google them when I get 5 minutes to spare.