Sign in to follow this  
canarycol

No trouble at all getting ticket for Albion Cup game

I rang the Norwich ticket office this morning it was answered within three rings if you are having trouble getting through I have a number that should get you through you can call me on 07947816876 for information lets fill the complete away end for this one and show the lads our support it would be good to have a good cup run even maybe going on to win it and why not? you have got to have confidence if we did not have confidence these past two years or so then we would still be in league one so come on fellow canaries lets show the footballing world we are no longer a laughing matter but we take our football seriously and we have a team now coupled with a manager that knows exactly what he wants and what he is doing lets get behind them a always maybe the hawthorns will be like a miniture Carrow Road on the 28th of this Month 5000 voices behind them will be great for the lads OTBC

I have to confess, if West Brom beat us in the cup, I can''t say it would bother me too much at all.

Out of the two, the league win was more vital.

I''ve been to all but two games so far this season... I couldn''t go Saturday and can''t go the cup match up there either!The pressure''s off though.  We''ve already got the three points from them so we can go up there and just enjoy it, and another victory and a place in the fifth round will be a bonus.

[quote user="Row D Seat 7"]I have to confess, if West Brom beat us in the cup, I can''t say it would bother me too much at all.

Out of the two, the league win was more vital.[/quote]

I say this why should we always be the also rans I am sick to the back teeth of hearing people go on about the big teams man utd man city arsenal spurs chelsea liverpool etc for too many years now they have had a monopoly on the trophies why shouldnt little old Norwich have their share of success for a change, you see I have supported Norwich for over 40 + years now, I have stuck by them thick and thin over the past two years I am used to success and I am sure Paul lambert desires success as well we are holding our own in the premiership I even predicted last June that we would set the premiership alight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75u4rIbuKus

I remember the days when the FA cup and League Cup etc used to mean a lot to the fans and the players it seems as if it is all money orientated now lets bring some pride and passion back to the club sure we need the finances for the club but what do you think brings the finances in success investors like to invest in successful football clubs Teams that win trophies and if we have that mentality that we will win something then it goes a long way that has been evident these past two seasons so I say lets get points in the premiership and lets start winning trophies as well

OTBC

Yes I was number 18 in the phone queue so went online and bought 2

straight away with no waiting. This''ll be the first time I''ve been away

to a match since the eighties and I''m going because for me it will be a

bit of fun as a sideline to the serious business of the league. The

tension supporting Norwich gets too much at times, as they say '' its the

hope that kills you''. I couldn''t give a stuff if we lose personally,

although I want us to win obviously!

I wonder why buy a ticket if anyone don''t care if we lose or not ok £15 entrance is nothing but then you got travel costs food drink etc on top it still works out expensive for some people as far as the term "its hope that kills you" I wonder if the people of this country during the second world war had that sort of mindset would we all be speaking German today ? they had to hold on to the hope that things would come good for them one day I''m not comparing football to the tragedy of the second world war but do you see what I am getting at ? We as City fans need to have that positive attitude that we will be a force to be reckoned with one day so come on you yellows be positive I have been scanning the local papers up here in brum its all doom and gloom for the baggies at the minute even Paul Lambert hailed his players for having the killer instinct on Saturday now there is a man with a right mindset that has brought us success for the past two seasons long may it continue and we the fans need to continue to give him and the team our full support in whatever game they play

I take your point canarycol, not giving a stuff if we lose was a bit strong. What I meant is that there will not be the tension if we are losing, thinking about what this will mean for league position, wondering how other teams are doing etc. Of course I care if we lose but will be able to shrug it off  easily. I do also support the team whatever game they play but some results are more important than others. With regards the op I hope we sell out and fill the stand with yellow and green. otbc

We were talking to some Albion fans on the way back to the car after Saturdays match and thry told us that there were only 15000 at the Cardiff cup game and after watching that there is every chance that the Norwich fans would out number the baggy fans in two weeks time.

Winning in the league was huge, as I''d say it massively increases our chance of winning in the Cup.

Albion are now right in the relegation mix, and Hodgson will have to re-assess his priorities, and will probably play a weakened team against us.

Us meanwhile, having won at the weekend, will go in to the game very well placed in the league. We''re not safe - far from it - but we have enough to be able to maintain a Cup run and remain competitive in the league. I don''t think WBA can do the same.

5th Round is there for the taking IMO.

cheers guys from some positive feedback much appreciated the baggies are there for the taking and progress into the next round so then generating more cash for the club and and more importantly prestige and pride

When people say they don''t care if we lose, they don''t mean that they don''t want us to win. It''s just that in a league match every 3 points is crucial to our survival, that''s the main and first priority this season. The cup would be a nice side show, but if we get knocked out then it''s not a massive deal.

When we''ve established ourselves as a prem club, got the finances sorted, and are maybe becoming a stale Everton-esque mid table every season club, then a good cup run might begin to become more of a priority.

I''ll be at the cup game though, only a 20 minute train ride from where I am, and when you get to as few games as me, then you go whenever you can, whatever sort of game it is!

[quote user="Aggy"]When people say they don''t care if we lose, they don''t mean that they don''t want us to win. It''s just that in a league match every 3 points is crucial to our survival, that''s the main and first priority this season. The cup would be a nice side show, but if we get knocked out then it''s not a massive deal.

When we''ve established ourselves as a prem club, got the finances sorted, and are maybe becoming a stale Everton-esque mid table every season club, then a good cup run might begin to become more of a priority.

I''ll be at the cup game though, only a 20 minute train ride from where I am, and when you get to as few games as me, then you go whenever you can, whatever sort of game it is![/quote]

Good point aggy but I still reckon a winning attitude towards every game forms a basis for a trophy winning side that has been very much in evidence these past two seasons and this season as well

I have emailed you by the way OTBC

I hope Lambert cares if we win. And I hope the players care if we win. Concentrating on the league is just a glib comment to make you feel better after a cup defeat. We''ve already seen Man U play Man City. Now Man U play Liverpool. It''s not inconcievable that all the clubs above us could be whittled down to one. Arsenal won''t relish Villa and Chelsea going to QPR is no gimme. If the remaining top 5/6 were to draw eachother in the later rounds we could well get a path to the final without playing a single team above us! Of course we still have to win our games and no game is easy. I bet the players can see those possibilities though[Y]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I hope Lambert cares if we win. And I hope the players care if we win. Concentrating on the league is just a glib comment to make you feel better after a cup defeat. We''ve already seen Man U play Man City. Now Man U play Liverpool. It''s not inconcievable that all the clubs above us could be whittled down to one. Arsenal won''t relish Villa and Chelsea going to QPR is no gimme. If the remaining top 5/6 were to draw eachother in the later rounds we could well get a path to the final without playing a single team above us! Of course we still have to win our games and no game is easy. I bet the players can see those possibilities though[Y]

[/quote]

Very well put