Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

Wish me Luck!!!!

Sorry I know this is not Norwich related but I thought I would put it here anyway. I''m in the London Marathon on Sunday and starting to get worried.

Hopefully it''ll be a double celebration with City winning and me doing sub 3:30.

See you at Selhurst!!!

Good luck!!

[quote]Wow! A massive good luck. How long have you been training for? I don''t think I could do it. Fair play to you mate[/quote]

Been training properly since late summer. I have done it twice already, but I was not pleased with my time (4:50) hopefully this weekend will see me triumph. I think I''m currently the fittest I have ever been, but I have checked the 5 day forecast and it is due to be windy with Heavy rain.....and no I''m not running in a wacky costume.

Had a painful last training run today where I slipped off the pavement and into the bus lane on Westminster Bridge Ouch!!! Hopefully sunday will be less painful.

I will let you know how I do on monday.

wearing a norwich kit by any chance?

and good luck!

Thats an idea! Get as many people as possible to run the marathon in ncfc kits. Good luck to all

good luck guys. i did it a couple of years ago and loved it. Watched last year and got the v signs from an ITFC fan when we greeted him with a rousing verse of On The Ball!

Gratuitous personal message but I did the New York marathon in November and got engaged at the end of it. If you ever fancy doing another marathon, head to NYC - absolutely awesome.

Get Kids Going was who I ran for - great charity, you only have to raise £1,100 and they will then refund your flight costs.

Good luck guys - puts the footy into perspective really. (Still praying that we stuff the Eagles tomorrow!!)

Hello all,

Thanks for the good wishes I received on this board friday. I didn''t get the time I wanted, but I still beat my last time by 40 minutes. I came in at 4:10:08 which is not too shody.

But if you put it in comparison I beat Mark Bright by 2mins and Tony Cottee by over an hour.....which was nice!!!

Its just a shame about the result on saturday.

PS - I also beat the Cheeky Girls, Lorraine Kelly, Hannah Waterman, Steve Redgrave, and Flowella Benjamin and I''m sure I would have kept up with Nell Mcandrew if I found her

Well done IFT. I hope you was wearing your a norwich top

well done iwan''s front teeth, anyone who can beat brighty deserves big props after his bias on saturday. what''s up with swarney I hope he''s finished too

Well done IFT. I expect you are having a well deserved rest. Suggest if you do it again next year (Do people?) let us know a bit earlier and perhaps we can get together on the message board and get you some more sponsorship.

PS I would have kept up with Steve Redgrave.

well done IFT!

how much did you raise?

What did you wear? (cant recall many norwich kits being seen)