Sign in to follow this  
Browno

Leeds accept Norwich City bid for Jonny Howson

I thought exactly the same. Usually teams put statements out like this before they''ve accepted any offers (I''m looking towards Mr Fry....)

I so hope this works out. He''s exactly the sort of player we need imo. Very shrewd from Lambert - his price is lower than you would expect because of the injury making him afordable for us, yet he''ll be back for the vital last two or three months of the season. If we wait until the new year there''ll be plenty of interested clubs and we wont stand a hope.  

This is a very good signing IMO.  Highly rated when he burst on the scene a few years ago, and as someone pointed out club captain at an early age.  And from what I have seen of him a very good all round midfielder.  Could he be our Damian Francis bombing on and getting amongst the goals.

Good signing, and will strengthen our midfield options. He seems to be good and keen tackler and also no mean goal scorer with head asnd foot, and from distance, and surely it is no accident that he is captsin at Leeds.

We have to be patient, for at least three reasons:

1) Other bids may yet come in, and we may be defeated by money

2) He may fail a medical

3)He may not accept terms, especially wages, which are low  by Premiership standards, possibly. He may not like the set up.

Otherwise we must surely be attractive to him  - highish in the Premiership, and making some headlines, and a good team spirit and manager. Surely Johnson will speak up for us?

I thought exactly the same. Usually teams put statements out like this before they''ve accepted any offers (I''m looking towards Mr Fry....)

[quote user="steven"]I thought exactly the same. Usually teams put statements out like this before they''ve accepted any offers (I''m looking towards Mr Fry....)[/quote]

If thats the case, and someone else hijackes this deal, boot him out.

I have bad feeling that is possible player to rejected norwich offer if have already contact with some one for better wage.SImple for him is better to stay 2-3 months to Leeds and summer with not under contract always can receive better personal terms and wage.I hope that he have some respect to leeds and will decide his club at least to receive some money for him.If rejected Norwich this must be sign that other club have talks with him for better deal since summer imo.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[quote user="steven"]I thought exactly the same. Usually teams put statements out like this before they''ve accepted any offers (I''m looking towards Mr Fry....)[/quote]

[/quote]

Er, how exactly can we sack Barry Fry when he doesn''t work for us?

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh that Fry....so an initial would have helped.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you weren''t so blindly antagonistic towards our Fry a moment''s thought (asking too much, I know) would have told you which Fry was being referred to.

De Laet money freed up?  Possible that C. Martin''s wages freed up to end of season. Surely Lambert the magician is about to reach into the hat again for a headline loan?

Did Leeds Utd leak this story before Howson had agreed terms in the hope of receiving higher bids from other clubs?

Very happy with the prospect of this, hopefully everything will be settled up, no doubt he will be on the phone to Bradley who will probably help convince him this is the right move! As for the player, I view him as a similar player to Scott Parker, box to box and a play maker but also more than happy to get stuck in and score. In all honesty when I heard the rumour I though it was rubbish as he is a Leeds local lad and captain... very astute of us if this is finalised!

Anyone know how big/tall he is? Wiki is down!  I don''t remember him being very big but could be wrong......

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If you weren''t so blindly antagonistic towards our Fry a moment''s thought (asking too much, I know) would have told you which Fry was being referred to.

[/quote]

Apologies for not being as smart as you think you are.

[quote user="Hog"]Anyone know how big/tall he is? Wiki is down!  I don''t remember him being very big but could be wrong......[/quote]is not big at all I just check our game 2 years ago at elland road when we lost 2-1 at last minute.he play number 14.Not have deffensive eapons so much but over all his play is rated very high + score goals etc.No doubt if done deal will be a bargain according leeds fans....still have bad feeleing that other clubs can promise him waiting summer to receive better wage....

I can''t believe how underwhelmed this thread seems to be. I thought people would be bouncing off the walls! Didn''t know about the injury i have to admit but otherwise, seriously, this is an AWESOME signing.

I have a Leeds friend who says the team is built around him and he''s the only good thing they have left along with Snodgrass. Grayson will be fuming. You only need to look at the Leeds forums. Everyone has agreed that although we''re quite stocked with midfielders, we''re missing a ball carrying, powerful, technical midfielder - the Viera type of player. This is him. Safety assured.

[quote user="a1canary"]I can''t believe how underwhelmed this thread seems to be. I thought people would be bouncing off the walls! Didn''t know about the injury i have to admit but otherwise, seriously, this is an AWESOME signing. I have a Leeds friend who says the team is built around him and he''s the only good thing they have left along with Snodgrass. Grayson will be fuming. You only need to look at the Leeds forums. Everyone has agreed that although we''re quite stocked with midfielders, we''re missing a ball carrying, powerful, technical midfielder - the Viera type of player. This is him. Safety assured.[/quote]

Leeds best player by some considerable distance.