Sign in to follow this  
James Long

South Stand Reaction

So then what does everyone think of the new Stand from anyone who sat in there yesterday or people from other parts of the stadium even though it''s only one game. Facilities, atmosphere, views etc. I know some people have complained about problems at the top of the stand and views from the very front seats and problems for disabled supporters but what does everyone on the whole think. From where i was sitting the view was really good with no posts or pillars, unlike the old stand I could see the lines on the South Stand side of the pitch and the roof was higher and not partially dipping down which can affect the eye line. The accoustics seemed much better than the old stand and a lot of us tried it out and it went well but do other people still feel there''s more to come from it or was it poor or reasonable.

The only problem I encountered yesterday was in the refreshment area when I tried to order a hot dog and a (cornish) pastie. The hot dog was served promptly but the young oriental gentleman who served me obviously wasn''t familiar with the latter as he kept looking at the soft drinks trying to serve me a pepsi (even though they only stocked coke) but after the third attempt (and the help of another member of staff) the pastie arrived - and good it was too, as usual!

Our seats are 5 rows from the back, near the river end, and the view is very good.
In our bit the atmosphere was pretty varied. A good mix of fan types :Singers/Shouters/People who get irate at the slightest bad refereeing decision/Folk who politely clap good defending/Fans who stood up and waved "cheerio, cheerio!" to Etherington as he departed/Quiet fans who did nothing all game and then went utterly bananas when Hucks was denied a penalty. And so on. I''d like more noise though.

Shame there''s such a big gap between the stand and the pitch - maybe widen the pitch if it''s ever re-laid? MY only real gripe would be the lacks of exits and where they are located at the bottom of the stand. We had to wait for the entire stand to clear before we could get near the exit. Is this a safety hazard?
Also think the disabled fans have got a raw deal. What about you?