Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

AVB Saturday

This is a plea to all good Norwich fans to help remind AVB what 99.9% of British fans think of him. We have already has to suffer his arrogance this season in an incident other managers would have made a meal out of, Colin and Arsey spring to mind - luckily our top dog had the decorum to let it slide.

Feast your eyes on this article;

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jan/19/villas-boas-premier-league-b-championship

Muppet.

I like Villas-Boas, will be a top top manager.

Plus he''s got a point in that article, Youth Development in this country is poor, lagging so far behind others it hurts.

He obviously knows nothing about the traditions of English football & he thinks he can just waltz in here & start making stupid suggestions that stand no chance of being adopted. The English Leagues will remain as they are long after he''s gone and hopefully that will be sooner than he''s got planned.

As I have previously said, the man is a Mourinho wannabe who lacks the class or charisma to be so. He has an ill-informed self-perception that he''s a better person than everyone else he meets.  Arrogant and with a lack of personality his self created persona requires.  Good bye AVB.

I have actually met and interviewed AVB - he isn''t arrogant at all, a really nice down to earth guy who is engaging to speak to. Maybe he adopts a persona in front of the camera but I can''t say I even find him arrogant in press conferences.He certainly isn''t the first manager to say that the big teams would benefit from having a ''B'' team in the Championship, and is he not right to point out that youth development in this country has fallen far, far behind that of other countries? I think every Norwich manager we''ve had in recent years (including Lambert) have had a moan about how useless the Reserve league is in England. B teams probably aren''t the answer due to the logistical issues and the fact that England has more professional football teams than any other European country already.

When you see lower league sides going bust and good players wasting away in PL squads I have often wondered whether Clubs should not be permitted some sort of tie in, with safeguards.

Thus, and without prejudice, Liverpool might incorporate Macclesfield; Everton - Stockport  and Man Utd- Accrington.

It might be better if the scheme insisted on a  minimum distance to avoid local rivalries

It would be for the lower league clubs to apply for the tie in so that should they reach a point where they felt strong enough to be autominous they could opt out at the end of a season.

We don''t need B teams. What needs to happen is that these young players are actually allowed to get out and play football. But that is not possible because the big clubs stock pile all the young talent and as a result most of them get chewed up and spat out.

Look at Jonjo Shelvey. Having a great season with Blackpool. Dalglish takes him back and he now learns the square route of nothing in the reserve teams. It will happen to Raheem Stirling who they signed and that kid they got from Wycombe.

The Premier League have now also made it easier to do this with the new proposals and have given clubs little incentive to produce their own talent lower down the pyramid. There are many other issues as well including coaching but thats all for another day.

Lets get stuck into Villas Boas on Saturday. Didnt like what he said about our great leader. Don''t like his general persona and I the way spends the entire doing squats really annoys me.

I do think if we had B teams they would probably just end up playing in League One. I wouldn''t want this to happen as it just wouldn''t be beneficial to the lower league sides. AVB is an arrogant twat isn''t he?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

When you see lower league sides going bust and good players wasting away in PL squads I have often wondered whether Clubs should not be permitted some sort of tie in, with safeguards.

Thus, and without prejudice, Liverpool might incorporate Macclesfield; Everton - Stockport  and Man Utd- Accrington.

It might be better if the scheme insisted on a  minimum distance to avoid local rivalries

It would be for the lower league clubs to apply for the tie in so that should they reach a point where they felt strong enough to be autominous they could opt out at the end of a season.

[/quote]

As we could use 1p5wich as our ''B'' team and make them wear yellow and green and be called Norwich ''B''.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

[/quote]Norwich  - Ipswich anybody?[:D]

AVB is a t**t and I shall be giving him both barrels tomorrow.

There may be a point about the reserve/youth set ups being uncompetitive but most of these kids who aren''t playing have not come through the big club''s academy''s they have been poached at the age of 15/16/17 from lower league clubs. Had they stayed at those clubs in the first place they would have played plenty of games. The answer therefore for me lies in preventing the big clubs from stock piling young players and trying to find a way which means they stay at their original clubs for longer. Maybe the answer is stricter restrictions on premiership squad sizes (with only youth players who have been at that club for x years) not counting towards the squad numbers. I also think maybeb there should be some sort of restriction which means that young players have to stay at the clubs that produced them for x years (unless the club decides to sell them). During that time they could sign pre-contract agreements to move but have to stay at those clubs for a certain period. Maybe up until the age of 23 or something. I''m sure that contractually this would be difficult to achieve as its no doubt some sort of "restraint of trade" but thats what I would do.

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]This is a plea to all good Norwich fans to help remind AVB what 99.9% of British fans think of him. [/quote]

I''d imagine most sensible British fans don''t give a toss about AVB or his supposed arrogance. Yes he was a bit of a tit after the game at Stamford Bridge but you really shouldn''t take any notice of what any manager says to the media post match. Seems to me that a lot of the antipathy towards him is driven by the media who are upset that a young foreign manager seems likely to end the Chelsea career of one of their darlings. Why that should be of any concern to us as Norwich fans is beyond me.

As for the idea of B teams in the lower leagues. It is hardly a new idea and has been floated by both Manchester United and by Rafa Benitez when he was at Liverpool. It probably won''t ever happen because the sheer number of professional clubs in England is unique but I don''t see why he should not be able to air his opinion.

If nothing else then surely you must admire the strength of his thighs. How does he crouch for that long?

Anything which ramps up the atmosphere and makes Chelsea feel uncomfortable I am very much in favour of. For me this is a game we can get something from and the crowd can play their part.

Agreed jackoChelsea wont fancy it with their recent form and at Carrow Road we are a match for Anyone.in all seriousness i can see it all ending in tears for AVB and who knows, defeat to us might see him out of work by Sunday morning....

I haven''t listend to many AVB interviews, but after the Norwich game he was so annoying. He failed to acknowledge his team was even playing against Norwich, we were at least equal, if not better than Chelsea for large periods of the game, and since Chelsea went on to win, you would have thought he would have the decency to say we played well (like I think Sir Alex did), its not hard for the winning manager to say that about the other side. Unless of course he did say that, and BBC just didn''t show that bit (which is probably just as likely).

This ''B'' team idea, is probably never going to happen here, the FA don''t seem to like change. It may not be the best solution, but something does need to be done about youth development. Just look at the German national side at the last WC, so many young players, who were already good enough to get to the WC semi-final, Barca keep on producing young players who are pretty good standard. English teams don''t do that as often, yes there''re good English youngsters, maybe Whilshire, Rodwell, Walker, Sturridge, Barkley and a few others are going to be quality players and improve the English national team. But we seem to get so many ''wonderkids'' who turn out to be average. We have one ourselves, Vaughan was going to be better than Rooney, maybe he does have that ability, and its only injury that has stopped him. But even players like Moses and Walcott, these were mean''t to be world class youngsters, and while both still have a great impact I don''t think they are as good as they were mean''t to be.

I suppose I am willing to give AVB another chance, depends if he signs anyone decent for Chelsea this window (they need someone). I have always liked Chelsea, because they were the first side I saw playing other than Norwich (well, of course I saw Norwich playing other sides, but I went to Chelsea vs Spurs, and saw Zola score a great free-kick), and my Grandad followed them when he worked in the area. AVB did ruin that a little for me, with his post Norwich interview, but even if we all say we hate him, he did at Porto almost what Mourinho did, I think if he''s given some time to build a new team around some youngsters and not Lampard, Terry, Cole, Drogba then he can prove his worth in England.