Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Lets all laugh at ipswitch Lalala

There was a board meeting held at portaloo earlier in the week with members of the Marcus Evans consortium, discussing the option of taking them into administration. And seeing what effect this would have on them and it looks very likely that they well take a 10 point deduction this season, clear their debt and try and restructure in league one! Expect their administration to be announced sometime between now and mid Febuary.

It might seem odd to some but in these halycon days of supporting Norwich City I get no pleasure through aiming mockery at Ipswich Town who seem to lurch from one self-inflicted low to another. If they were in the same division it would be different.

I couldn''t care if Ipswich won by a margin tomorrow provided we beat Chelsea and if anyone gets my back up it is the so called ''big clubs'' and their admirers who do so little for the national game and the benefactor owned monied clubs who think they have a given right to succeed.

What would make me laugh would be the sight of all those middle aged apes following Chelsea with their mocked up deep voiced and presumed ultra-manley cries venting their frustrations at their big-name Spanish striker and their cocky techno-manager who will stand adjacent to a real top former player the boots of whom he is not fit to clean because Norwich City are giving them a damn good hiding.

What would make me laugh would be the oily oligarch from the corrupt land of peasants screwing up his gormless face and wondering whether money can buy you everything.

Chelsea''s staff showed us massive disrespect at their place and we absolutely must let them know what we think of them at ours and for me the level of antipathy I feel for Chelsea outweighs anything I have felt for Ipswich since before Alan Brazil became an XL.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]

Chelsea''s staff showed us massive disrespect at their place and we absolutely must let them know what we think of them at ours and for me the level of antipathy I feel for Chelsea outweighs anything I have felt for Ipswich since before Alan Brazil became an XL.

[/quote]Well said, though I slightly disagree.  Chants of "Bottom of the league at Carrow Road" still rankle with me, though perhaps the "we''ll never play you again" chants were more prescient than they had imagined.That said, yes, AVB is an enormous See You Next Tuesday, and I very much hope Grant Holt is able to rearrange John Terry''s racist face.

[quote user="smiley"]There was a board meeting held at portaloo earlier in the week with members of the Marcus Evans consortium, discussing the option of taking them into administration. And seeing what effect this would have on them and it looks very likely that they well take a 10 point deduction this season, clear their debt and try and restructure in league one! Expect their administration to be announced sometime between now and mid Febuary.[/quote]Where did you get that rumour from Smiley?Seems highly unlikely to me that Evans would be able to take the club into administration without giving up ownership. After all, most of the debt is owed to Mr Evans himself. If he was really interested in saving the club he could simply write the debt off.In any event he is drawing a nice little half million a year in interest on the £30+ million debt that he bought for about £4.5 million. There''s always the outside chance of a revival of fortunes but I can''t see Marcus Evans coming out on the losing end however the scenario plays out. Unfortunately for Town supporters the same cannot be said of their club.I guess that''s the price you pay when you sell your soul to the devil. Thankfully we didn''t go down that road.

I know someone who was sitting in the meeting, this was called urgently and he and others thought it was to do with giving Paul Jewell the boot, but in fact it was about taking Ipswich into admin. which they are seriously considering. The outcome will happen between now and mid feb.

[quote user="smiley"]I know someone who was sitting in the meeting, this was called urgently and he and others thought it was to do with giving Paul Jewell the boot, but in fact it was about taking Ipswich into admin. which they are seriously considering. The outcome will happen between now and mid feb.[/quote]Hmm, all very interesting Smiley, I guess we''ll just have to wait and see what happens.Somebody slap my face please, I''m starting to feel a bit sorry for 1p5wich.

anyone that can''t quite muster the hatred they may have once had for Ipswich........just cast your minds back to the goings on after the final whistle of the "Bryan Gunn air-kick" match at their dump when their fans invaded the pitch and assaulted our players.........all of which was covered up by the then Football league chairman, Sheepshanks..................that should bring it all back for you?!?

I hope they crash,burn and die 

I wouldn''t wish what those at 1p5wich are going through on anybody.  Look at Darlington and other  proud clubs that are struggling.   Enemies or not,  self-inflicted or not, they are still a football club and as such are our rivals - and we need them!!

If Ipswich were to go under what would be our local derby?   Colchester? Peterborough?   No,we need them  as a viable club to be our local derby oponents, and while I wouldn''t mind seeing them go down to league 1, I wouldn''t want them to disappear without trace.    Where else could you get that feeling of satisfaction of winning that we had against them last season?  

No, don''t mind seeing them go through problems - but hope they do come through it so that somewhere down the line we can have those types of derbies again that we have had in recent seasons.   

if we were in a higher division than Ipswich for a numeber of seasons our yearning for a local derby would soon pass. I for one wouldnt be concerned if I never had to set foot in their dump again and if the 1-5 was the last derby at their place for a few years ,that wouldnt be a bad way to remember it.

Those who are of an age such as myself may recall Norwich''s "golden years" between 1986-1992 in the top division ...a period of time where Ipswich were in division 2, I dont particularly recall missing them then as we were taking on (and beating) the likes of Liverpool,Man Utd,Spurs and Arsenal etc etc.

Kings Lynn and Lowestoft will be above them in a few years, there''s your derby. We''re not likely to get one against the Binners in the forseeable future anyway, unless we get a lucky cup draw. Would that be classed as a bye?

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

anyone that can''t quite muster the hatred they may have once had for Ipswich........just cast your minds back to the goings on after the final whistle of the "Bryan Gunn air-kick" match at their dump when their fans invaded the pitch and assaulted our players.........all of which was covered up by the then Football league chairman, Sheepshanks..................that should bring it all back for you?!?

[/quote]Thanks GJL, just what I needed.Fuck the Cnuts!

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Thanks GJL, just what I needed.

Fuck the Cnuts!
[/quote]

Does anyone really think that they would feel sorry for us if it were the other way round, Of coarse not they would have a count down clock in the eadt, and be dancing in the streets, I couldn''t give a flying fig about them, and would love to see them end up like Luton did  I remember the early days only to well and if we never play them again it will be to soon   

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

[/quote]

Thanks GJL, just what I needed.

Fuck the Cnuts!
[/quote]

Well done Rickyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I was gettin'' worried! For a time there you''d stopped being one of my favourite posters [;)]

Fuck the Cnuts indeed!

Anyone seen bluemike and his pals lately[:^)]

I would be very surprised if such a meeting took place that had ''other people'' in it. The current board are Marcus Evans placemen.A board meeting would require minutes to be taken. Any such consideration of the paupers parlous state would be an ongoing process, not some comic book cloak and dagger meeting in the form of mafia dons gathering to consider how to react to some sudden bit of bad news. This grubby little club have been sinking lower and lower for somewhile now. There doesn''t seem anything that would trigger a sudden pulling of the plug.

As to what happens to them I am pretty much in agreement with a few posters above. I would lose no sleep if we never played them again. As to previous derbies then tell that to those who were attacked and blocked from getting into poorman road last April.I don''t wish them any ill will. No earthquakes, plagues, lightening strikes or even player injuries - merely that they finally face up to the consequences of their actions. If that is to be League 2 so be it. They have lied, thieved, cheated and defrauded lord knows who. Never once have I heard anyone from the club or the fans offer an apology or make any expression ofo regret. In fact the shyster in chief sheepshanks continous to bleat how it was all the fault of the collapse of ITV Digital. Well we managed to get through it, we struggled and paid our dues. What the red faced skunk conveniently overlooks is that the ITV Digital loss was around a couple of million or so, whereas these thieves stiffed the Inland Revenue for nearly £6m alone, nevermind all the others they defrauded. At any other club red face would have been dragged out and strung up like Mussolini, whereas in the land of bin he was treated as some kind of deity - whilst still drawing a fat salary and stuffing bonuses into his back pocket - even sacking the coachdriver/kitman so as to help himself to another £25,000.They are there because of their own actions. Let nature takes it''s course. And if there is to be amusement on own part be it not so much the chronic state of their failings but the unbelievable stupidity of their dimwitted fans who still believe ''they have money'' and that Marcus Evans has only one aim, to get them promoted. To paraphrase Ricardos wise words - if that was the case why doesn''t he simply stop charging them interest ? Because when you understand why he is charging them an extortinate amount of interest, on a loan he bought very cheaply, you may begin to realise what his true intentions are and why they haven''t a pot to pee in.Aged loanees anyone ?

[quote user="smiley"]There was a board meeting held at portaloo earlier in the week with members of the Marcus Evans consortium, discussing the option of taking them into administration. And seeing what effect this would have on them and it looks very likely that they well take a 10 point deduction this season, clear their debt and try and restructure in league one! Expect their administration to be announced sometime between now and mid Febuary.[/quote]This is a load of rubbish.The majority of Ipswich''s debt is owed to ME, so you think they will put themselves in administration to pay a debt to their owner, who earns money off the debt?Bore off Smiley.

Must admit, if it happens, which is probably about 0.1% chance, it''s the local business that i feel sorry for.

Looking back on what happened to Darlington, if ipswich were in that boat and someone came shaking a tin my way I would probably put money in.

Love them or hate them, it''s not nice to lose a long running club. Plus think of the years dining out on ''You owe me 50p!'' chants after that lol

If the boot was on the other foot and we went into administration, you would be able to hear that maniacal laughter coming all the way up the A140 as the news was read to them. As for the local businessmen suffering, didn''t they learn the last time?.

I don''t think it''s a case of they didn''t learn last time. To me it seems they didn''t care last time. Our club has real ootball owners prepared to dig deep to give the fans something to be proud of. Their club give their fans nothing to be proud of. Only those fans old enough to remember their past successes can feel pride in their club. Their recent history, not just in footballing terms is something to be ashamed of. And it keeps getting worse. Even now we have huge sums of cash ending up in the gutter and a debt to the people refusing to be paid. They won''t learn because they don''t care.