Sign in to follow this  
Norwichcitynut

Grant Holt to Rangers?

I think I saw on his twitter that he follows Rangers, although he is a Carlisle fan.

Celtic & Rangers are massive clubs, but that league is poor to say the least, St Johnstone away or regular games in front of 30k+, home & away.

Four matches aside he might as well go back to League One.

Holt has found his home in Norwich and Norwich has been as good for him as he has been for the Canaries.

McCoist can go swivel!

I''m sure Holt would do well in Scotland playing in essentially what is a mid/lower table Premiership side mainly playing against League 1 standard teams but like Lambert why would he want to leave us for a Scottish team?

Maybe a move for him in a few years time, but now he''s settled in Norfolk, just bought a new house and playing for a top half Premier League team scoring goals!

Come on - Holty will be groomed to take over from Lambo is a couple of years time - what is there for him in Scotland to compare to that?

Rangers must still be very appealing to a player: guarenteed silverwear, top wages and champion''s league football are 3 reasons that instantly spring to mind.

[quote user="NWC"]Rangers must still be very appealing to a player: guarenteed silverwear, top wages and champion''s league football are 3 reasons that instantly spring to mind.[/quote]

All 3 of those are rubbish.

1. Guaranteed silverware - I guess if you count their tinpot cups, but there''s no guarantee they''ll win the league this year or for the next couple.

2. Champions League football - only available for winning the league, which is more likely to be Celtic this year.

3. High wages - they can''t compete financially with premier league clubs.

In the summer or this time next year maybe but I doubt we''d let him go before that unless it was for BIG money- and Rangers don''t seem to have that anymore!

So here we go.....1.Holt is legend here2.His family are settled.3.He is playing in the PL for the first time4. Scotland is a step backward5. We would not sell him

[quote user="L4cole"]So here we go.....

1.Holt is legend here
2.His family are settled.
3.He is playing in the PL for the first time
4. Scotland is a step backward
5. We would not sell him
[/quote].....6 He would not want to go

YankeeCanary wrote it might be a good option for Grant in the future after when he starts to go into decline.

Off to JFK with your kilt and boarding pass for you then!

Whilst I hope and pray that you are all right I also know that in football nothing is defenite.

Holt has got five or maybe six seasons left in him. He would easily manage this in Scotland plus have the guarantee of trophies and european football.

Yes the competition of the league may not be great but wage wise he would get similar to here. The buzz of playing and scoring on a regular basis in front of a large crowd.

So whilst I would love him to stay because his story here is not yet finished you just can never tell in football.

I''ll tell you what, if Horse signs for Rangers I won''t renew my season ticket and I''ll get one for the scum instead.

Never going to happen in a million years.

Every player has a price, that''s for sure.  Could Holt be persuaded by one last big pay day to set him up for life?  That''s the question,  I don''t think he''ll go, but I''m not 100% he''ll stay.

Not a chance it would ever happen. Fair play to Rangers for trying though, he would literally score 50 goals a season in that tinpot league.

Every player does have their price, and the importance of Holt to not only the starting 11 but also the dressing room is something that would not be let go of for anything less than a vast amount of money... like a truely stupid amount of money for a player in his 30''s. I''d imagine that they may test the water with maybe a £3.5 or even go as high as £4 million, but frankly I think we wouldnt even bother picking up the phone for less that £6m, probably more. Its seems mad, but we have no need to sell, he is settled and has a long contract and frankly I just dont think Rangers quite understand what it would take to crowbar him out!

It would be a step down, why go back to Championship level when you can play in the Prem in front of full houses each week!?!?Must be nice for Holt to get the credit he deserves and nice to see that others appreciate his talent.

[quote user="star_manic"][quote user="L4cole"]So here we go.....1.Holt is legend here2.His family are settled.3.He is playing in the PL for the first time4. Scotland is a step backward5. We would not sell him[/quote].....6 He would not want to go[/quote]7. He would not want to break Kathy''s heart

[quote user="Mr Brownstone"]grant holt (@holty30) 1/20/12 8:42 PM People I can''t comment on rangers speculation stop asking me please. That''ll help with the rumours Holty![/quote]

What could we get for him £35 or £50 million he scored more than a couple of players I could mention. why should we sell for less, yes he,s over the age line but He''s still playing better than those 2 misfits