ZLF

team v chelsea

Ruddy

Martin  Whitbread Ayala Naughton

Fox  Johnson Surman     

Pilkington

Morison  Holt

With Luiz a good choice I think

yarp - agree it could be 442 - just like the look of my suggestion ;-)  a deep three should stifle ramieres and mata

Surprised at not cahill,  think the front two will do well, 

I''m not sure Fox has the legs to play on the outside of a 3.

I think he had to come in because we need to keep the ball but the same can apply to Wes.

There is a lack of pace in the side today, so if thats the case then Wes has to play for his creativity.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]Looks like a flat 4-4-2 to me. Pilks, Fox, Johnson, Surman. Bit of protection in front of the defence but I''d like to see Wes in there though, perhaps behind a striker or wide, just for his guile.[/quote]

We don''t have a perfect line-up/formation but against one of the best sides this looks (if 4-4-2) better to me than, say, the 4-3-1-2 we started with against Spurs.

?   both holt & morison are both causing them problems with both having a couple of good chances.  both playing well.

I would run about too - but you dont want me on the pitch!

Midfield looking stretched though - only pilkington looking creative  

mata starting to have too big an influence now - need to close him down quicker.

Close game and we are defending solidly as a team - well worth our point at the mo :-)  game there to be won though

half time and chatting to myself - my 17th sign of madness

No changes needed

I think they call it ''three-post mentalism'', Zippers. ; ^ )But yeah, so far, so good. We look threatening on the counter. Would be nice if we could keep the ball a bit better, but it''s tough with Chelsea pressing quite high.Slightly concerned about our defenders playing the offside trap.  But then, John Terry looks a bit ropey too.