Sign in to follow this  
sheded

One minutes silence for .......

Nottingham Forest     soon to be relegated ...   surely a role model  of how NOT to run a club !    the wrong type of money men  moved in  , wheeling and dealing  shysters with zero knowledge of football ,  and zero  regard for anything  that hadn`t the smell of instant profit  ,  a few bad results   and the  better players were sold  , then ... they chose Platt the prat as a manager     well , he really finished  off  Forest !  squandered   available cash  on his italian cronies  , all of which turned out to be " injury " prone  and generally  useless .......

Doesn`t it make you glad we have Delia  and Worthy ? 

no club is too big to avoid relegation. the crucial thing for Forest or any team facing their predicament is to retain a decent level of support. obviously, if their support really drains away they could be in big trouble both financially and on the pitch, and could even find themselves relegated to the bottom league. thats unlikely, although it could be a long time before they see premiership action at the city ground again.

[quote]Yeah, it is quite funny to see Nottingham "We''re a big club, we are" Forest going down. And with Megson too![/quote]

Sorry marmite

i don''t think it is funny at all, notts forest have always tried to play decent football, i was living in the area during their championship win and european cup wins in the late 70s (when only the winners of each europan league qualified) and some of the football i saw was awesome

the fact megson has taken over as manager doesn''t mean much, they have been unlucky and badly run by the board in the past few years, that is obvious

it goes to show, had we not got rid of robert chase, we would have gone the same way and may never have recovered

it is likely other clubs of a similar size to notts forest (and us) might suffer a similar fate

It''s quite sad really.  Look at some of the players they have had in recent years: Dawson, Prutton, Schemica, Reid, Johnson, Hucks (loan), Harewood.  They have had a great first Div side and even now are too good to go down.  They look like Sheff Wed to me

I lived in nottingham for a year and agree that''s a complete shame. It was a proud club and I saw them hammer us 4-0 on the day before my birthday. they went on and were unlucky in the playoffs, we went up a year later. it''s weird how things work out. I hope emgson can turn them around next season, maybe like man city they need that step back before coming forward again.

platt has a lot to answer for he got a job with england after that is appalling.

The Sheffield wednesday story was exactly the one that came to mind to me as well.

A salutory lesson to all true football fans that the books simply have to balance, debt is a killer, and the wrong people in charge can lead to asset stripping beyond belief.

We''re just lucky we''ve got fans in charge of our club

Nottingham Forest (not Notts thats County) have long played football the right way, they don''t deserve Megson''s brand of the beautiful game, Cloughie will be spinning right now.

Forest the first small city club to make an impact in footballing terms, followed by City and unfortunately Scumtown, outside the heartlands of London, NW and NE, it is sad to see their demise and lets hope they can reverse this trend and be a force again.  Football needs the smaller hotbeds to enrich itself.   

Don’t think this is a good thing at all but they r simply not good enough. Watched them play wigan and its typical megson, all long ball, no width and no creativity. The forest fans r not happy at all, during the game with Plymouth season tickets were thrown onto the pitch, booing, negative chanting. Watched the Norwich Man Utd game in a pub near the ground and the tension with forest fans and in the city is growing, think there might be trouble soon. Just kept on chanting “your not fit to wear the shirt” the tension was not helped when Plymouth fans chanted “your not famous anymore” good job the police were there!!!

Disagree about the chairmen, he pumped £6.2 million in during the last season

Just shows how lucky we are to have  delia and worthy at the club, if i remember we were in a simular sitiuation when he took over.Some people have short memories OTBC

I agree wth most of you that its a real shame the position they are in. My girlfriend is a Forest fan and her parents are Season Ticket holders. I went with them to see them los 6-0 at Ipswich - bad bad day.However their fans were superb throughout the game. Consistently loud, with lots of passion.

They don''t deserve to be where they are, and there''s still hope for them yet. Don''t worry Ian (if you''re reading) Forest will stay up, and I''ll be there with you next year when they beat Ipswich 7-0.

The whole Forest situation does really sadden me. I am 100 percent Canary, but Forest have always been a side that you associate with attractive football. They should have gone up a couple of years ago, when they had Huckerby. The football they played that season was awesome. In my mind they was no better team in Division one that season. To see them struggle and look doomed for relegation isn''t a pretty sight. It could so easily have  been us.

You look at the side this season and on paper they should have been in a chance of a play off place.

Huckerby, Reid, Harewood, Dawson, Johnson, Brennan, Prutton, Jenas, Schmica. Top class Div one side.

Good luck to the Forest, I hope by some miracle you can escape the drop.

Personally I don''t like to dance on the grave of any team, ( well maybe one then ),

But Forest gave me a lot of enjoyment in the Cloughie / Taylor days and I have always had good feelings for them, good luck to them I say and may they bounce back soon !

Even more so after this weeks shenanigans.

I was at the City ground when they beat us 4-0 a few seasons back. This all but extinguished any faint hopes we had of reaching the play offs that year and I felt very envious of Forest at the time. They had Huckerby, Harewood and Brennan and were playing very well at the time. They were a similar club to us and they seemed to be going places and we werent. I remember feeling the same when Coventry signed Bellamy. How things have changed. It just goes to show how fickle the football finger of fate is.