Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Holt and Morison against Terry and...

Is Cahill a possibility? If not you know that Terry has been reminded of his tough game with Grant Holt earlier this season.

There is no question we have two forwards that will hassle, barge, fight against you. Really hope whoever partners Terry is ready because our two forwards are going to give you a game you will not forget till the end of the season. I still believe if we get quality into the box then we will score, we have the best strike partenrship at attacking crosses and certainly I look forward to seeing them really rattle the Chelsea back line.

I''d expect Sideshow Bob to start tomorrow, Chelsea have been playing solid but unspectacular football and had 2 clean sheets in the last 2 games. 

Whilst we do have forwards that are good in the air, theres nothing Terry likes more than an ariel battle.  He may not be the quickest, but Terry sure can win a header.  I''m not sure we will start with 2 up top.  I''d expect Lambert to go 5 in midfield to perhaps to dominate their 3 and stick someone on Mata.  So i''d go with just Morrison to begin with.

I really hope you''re wrong, this game is tailor made for holt. Terry even said after the game at the bridge that he hated playing against him - lambert has to start him and really get at the back 2 from the off.

Terry is up and down depending on who hes paired at the back with. Luiz has been awful and has no idea how to hold the line and terrys performances have dropped also with mistakes being all too common. If Cahill comes in, the line may be more solid but will still be a new partnership up against holt and Morison - sounds like fun!

Not fussed who''s playing with terry as long as holty and Morison start and then let the mayhem begin!

So I called it wrong.  While we held our own, I think Chelsea edged it.  Holt played well first half, but second half, him and Morrison were almost anonymous.  Apart from the Merieles handball, I cant remember thinking ''we could be in here''...

Chelsea weren''t anything special, and I thought Fox, Surman, Johnson and especially Pilks done a great job in stopping the Chelsea 3, also our back 5 were superb...

Interesting how we see games differently Jed. I thought Morison faded in second half, his distribution let him down as he appeared to tire. As for Holt he was a constant thorn against their back four throughout but supply dried up a lot in the second half.

Brilliant team effort though and Pilks was superb

If I was being overly critical, I''d point out that in the last half of the second half we nearly cut our own throats by sitting deep and then playing awful "out balls" to the front two which they couldn''t win or control and so the ball kept coming back at us.  We lacked composure in midfield in the last 20 minutes and could easily have paid for it.  A better or more composed midfielder, who could pick a decent pass to feet or into the channels, might have given us the chance of a good attack on the break; as it is, we resorted to little more than hoofing it up to two big men.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Interesting how we see games differently Jed. I thought Morison faded in second half, his distribution let him down as he appeared to tire. As for Holt he was a constant thorn against their back four throughout but supply dried up a lot in the second half. Brilliant team effort though and Pilks was superb[/quote]

I dont think we did see it differently, I thought Morrison was fairly poor all game.  Before anyone starts, I dont think its anything to do with body language, just wasn''t getting much service and looked pretty nackered when he was replaced...