Sign in to follow this  
Danny Sweatman

The Barclay has lost a loyal fan...

The Barclay lost a loyal and passionate season ticket holder on Friday 6th January to a vicious strain of meningitis. My brother Ryan was only 19 when he died in his room at Sheffield Hallam University, where he was studying Sports Coaching and Development

Through all of the hurt and pain it has caused my family, we are now so keen to get people''s support to eradicate this virus to stop other families going through the same thing.

Ryan will be getting a mention at the home game on Saturday and numerous City players have spoken about Ryan on twitter #rememberryan

He will be forever in our hearts. The most loving, caring guy and biggest city fan anyone has ever met.

If you would like to donate or raise awareness, please visit www.justgiving.com/rememberryan or you can donate by texting RYAN92 £5 to 70070.

Many thanks, Danny Sweatman xx

Danny

I have nothing but the utmost sympathy for you and your family as I lost my Dad to meningitis when I was just 6.  I have carried on his love of the Canaries and hopefully instilled this in my daughters as well.  Will donate and hope that it makes some difference.

Take care.

Sorry to hear about your loss,

I''m at SHU and the season ticket holder who sits behind me is also. Last year there was a city flag up in a window near where I lived in student accommodation. Must be a few city fans up there.

Thought''s are you with man. Must be devasting losing your brother so young.

Just remember though mate just because a ship sails over the horizon it doesn''t mean it''s gone.

Your brother will be looking down enjoying 3 points Tomorrow!

I read about the death in the local paper up here, but didn''t mention he was a Norwich fan.  Sad to hear of the death of a Norwich fan in Sheffield but as my near namesake has said there are plenty more here in the city.

My heart goes out to you and your family.  Three points tomorrow will hopefully help you and your family smile.

It shows great character for you to focus on the positives of the situation by raising awareness of this evil virus.Keep strong.nwc

Sad news indeed.Nothing at all I can add to the above.

lost my best friend to menegitis 12 years ago, he was 58 so not just a young persons disease. such a vicious and sudden disease.

Thank you so much for this. It''s incredible when the word gets out how many people are actually been affected.

I''m just so keen to raise as much money as possible to eradicate the virus.

The hurt it causes is just unbearable.

Thank you all for everyone''s support so far x

It''s been confirmed that Ryan will be having a tribute read out at tomorrow''s game at half time.

Me, my brother in law, my step brother and my Dad will all be there and I''m sure Ryan will be looking over us.

He''s sorted us two wins out of two so far!!!

Thanks again for everyone''s kind words xx

im new to the board been season ticket holder in lower barclay for many many years though had to register to offer my condolances lets hope the boys do him proud tomorrow im sure ryan is flying the green flag high whilst looking down on us

An article in memory of Ryan has also been written and will be in The EDP tomorrow. (Saturday 21st Jan)

Thank you for everyone who has donated. I really didn''t expect anything.

I just feel so proud of him and of everything he has achieved in his short life.

We have raised £2,343 so far which is an incredible achievement.

Just to confirm all of the ways to donate to Ryan''s Remembrance fund. We are so keen to raise awareness of Meningitis as well as helping to eradicate the virus.

You can visit www.meningitis.org/book-of-experience/ryan-sweatman-59417

Or you can go directly to www.justgiving.com/rememberryan to donate

You can also text RYAN92 with your donation e.g. £10 to 70070

Finally, an article has been written to go into the EDP tomorrow. (Saturday) This will hopefully raise awareness and bring in further donations.

Many thanks again for all of support. My family and I cannot thank everyone enough xx

Heart felt condolences to you and all your family Danny. I hope tomorrows match is a fitting tribute. A win would be great but whatever the result the roar of the Barclay will be in Ryan''s honour.

I was the year above Ryan at school and often played football with him. Completely shocked when I heard the news, one of the nicest people in the world taken well before his time. I''ve donated on the just giving site and shared the link on my facebook. No one deserves to die that young, least of all Ryan.

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone who I spoke to today in the lower barclay today in regards to my brother Ryan.

We all found it hard to be there, but the amazing support and the roar of the barclay kept us going.

That''s 2 wins and a draw since Ryan passed and I''m sure he''s helping us!

It''s amazing how many City fans have donated on Ryan''s Remembrance fund and my family and my family and I really do appreciate it. For more info, a tribute to Ryan was in today''s EDP (see below) We are just so keen to eradicate meningitis forever.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/coltishall_family_sets_up_remembrance_fund_after_teenager_s_death_from_meningitis_1_1183457

If anyone still wants to donate...

You can visit www.meningitis.org/book-of-experience/ryan-sweatman-59417

Or you can go directly to www.justgiving.com/rememberryan to donate

You can also text RYAN92 with your donation e.g. £10 to 70070

Many thanks, Danny Sweatman x