We can beat Newcastle on wednesday to take us to 27 pts

WBA play spurs away so thats a home win

CP play blackburn away which i thing would be a home win

So at 10:00 pm on wednesday night the table could look like

WBA 28

Norwich 27

Southampton 27

Crystal Palace 27

SO WE ARE VERY MUCH STILL IN IT AND WITH ANOTHER HOME GAME ON SATURDAY WE COULD BE IN 4TH SPOT

You forgot to mention the game in hand for West Brom.  Palace will have their top diving centre forward up against tough tackling Blackburn so watch out for some penalties.  Spurs don''t really have anything to play for.  We will just have to concentrate on beating Newcastle and don''t expect too many favours from the other matches. 

"IF" we beat Newcastle, then we might have a chance.....

I''ve just done the BBC Predicator thing as well and it''s not good news! Aside from Man U pipping Arsenal to second place and Bolton getting a champions league spot, we go down on the last day of the season by only drawing at Fulham, with WBA stuffing Portsmouth to beat us on goal difference on 35 points!

The key results in full.....

Bolton 2-0 Southamption (on form Bolton to sink sorry Saints in midweek)

NORWICH 3-2 Newcaste (a must win game, the crowd forces a superb home win as the defence almost blows it for us!)

Spurs 3-1 WBA (Spurs pushing for a UEFA place have too much for WBA)

Blackburn 1-0 Palace (AJ booked early for diving in the box and doesn''t risk cheating for rest of game)

Palace 2-2 Liverpool (end to end stuff as Liverpool chase Champions League)

Middlesboro 1-1 WBA (WBA force draw in scrappy game with late equaliser)

NORWICH 2-1 Charlton (Charlton with nothing to play for are weak as home crowd bouys Norwich on)

Portsmouth 2-2 Southampton (local derby - close end to end stuff)

WBA 2-0 Blackburn (Blackburn stroll around as WBA need points and get them)

Newcastle 3-2 Palace (spirited effort from Palace but Newcastle''s fans demand something and Shearer responds)

Southampton 3-3 NORWICH (could go either way and comes down to who''s defence is worst. Turns out both defences are pretty terrible)

WBA 1-2 Arsenal (Arsenal too strong and with too much pride chasing for 2nd place)

Palace 3-2 Southampton (Palace send the Saints down to keep their hopes alive)

Man Utd 1-0 WBA (Fergie almost does Robbo a favour but Keane demands 2nd place)

NORWICH 4-3 Birmingham (a must win game, end to end stuff, terrible defending at times as Norwich commit men forward at every opportunity - Fleming scoring winner in injury time to bring the house down!)

Charlton 1-3 Palace (too little too late as Palace win but go down)

Southampton 1-3 Man Utd (saints already down lose again as MAn Utd chase second)

WBA 3-0 Portsmouth (a must win for the Baggies who destroy Portsmouth who are dreaming of their summer holidays)

and that leaves...

Fulham V NORWICH......Which with all of the above results, we will need to win to survive....No predictions for this one!

Spurs have nothing to play for eh? Only a possible UEFA place.

We have to play 4 teams with genuinely nothing left: Fulham, Birmingham, Newcastle and Charlton, the only exception being the last who could also squeeze into Europe if they have a blinding run. A draw at Saints and Fulham and three home wins we will be on 35 which might be enough.

[quote]I''ve just done the BBC Predicator thing as well and it''s not good news! Aside from Man U pipping Arsenal to second place and Bolton getting a champions league spot, we go down on the last day of the s...[/quote]

canary Poirot.

nice post, very funny in places.

Prehaps you can do this more often, love the palace blackburn description...

Okay - I''ve brought this link back because a couple of weeks ago I predicted the run-ins of all the teams in trouble....A brief review...

I predicted we would get 6 pts - we did!

Saints were predicted 1 pt and got it.

WBA were predicted 4 pts and only got 1 pts

and Palace were predicted 1 pt and got 3 pts.

So what am I saying. Well my predictions had us staying up if we beat Fulham last game of the season - largely because of WBA...As they are already doing worse than I thought they would, I think they are gone. If we keep our run going and playing at high tempo and getting into Southampton early (was worried when Worthy said he would be cautious of Southampton''s wounded animal - I hope he wasn''t saying we would stand off them, let them play and sit deep...We can''t play like that, never could in 20 years!) we could even beat them.

So my thinking now (on a worst case scenario i.e we only draw at Southampton!) going into the last game of the season, the table will be:

Norwich 34 pts

Palace 33 pts

WBA 30 pts

Southampton 29 pts

All to play for...JUST DON''T LOSE TO SOUTHAMPTON. WIN IF YOU CAN!!!

What it does show is just how well results have gone for us over the last couple of weeks.  I though Soton would lose to Bolton so a draw hit me hard; however it was not the disaster I thought it would be.

The worst case scenario is that city WILL be bottom if we lose on sat. Given our away form, our lack of away goals, sotons relatively few home defeats and high number of draws I would take a draw now!  If you look at their performance against Bolton not losing will be a very good esult.   

However even if we lose it will be far from over and there is every possibility that the 4 bottom clubs will be as close on May 15th with even the bottom team in a position to avoid relegation with the right set of results.  

Bottom on Sat will feel awful but its not the end of the season/world for us.

OTBC