Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's report v Chelsea

Many must have been a bit concerned about visit of one of the Prems elite teams this afternoon but Ricardo had been tipped the nod and wink from Snowy the Cat that all would be well. Mind you, when Wes did not appear in the starting line there were one or two worrying thoughts about but these were quickly nipped in the bud by Ricardo''s reliable mantra. "In Lambert we Trust".Chelsea dominated the opening exchanges with neat possession football but with no real threat to the City goal. When City eventually came forward it was with purpose and Pilks, Morison and Holt were soon prominent. Holy cracked a low left footer from 20 yards and it fizzed a foot wide. Morison almost brke through and Czech had to be quick to get the ball away. There was certainly quality on display as passes found Torres and Mata in space but both players were quickly closed down or by the City rearguard. Morison cracked an angled shot into the side netting as both he and Holt harried the Chelsea centre-backs at every opportunity. Lampard limped off on the half hour which was a bonus but Chelsea were looking the more likely as halftime approached. Johnson was slightly off the pace in the first half but the rest of the City midfield competed tirelessly to cover any lapses. Just before the break Mata made and missed the best chance of the half when he wriggled into the area only to lift his effort over the bar.So far so good thought Ricardo and quickly had to banish thoughts of a first clean sheet in case it put the mockers on things. City started well and had a fair bit of possession but could not put much pressure on the Chelsea goal. When  Chelsea did at last get to grips they nearly opened the scoring. Torres had a great chance from 8 yards but put it wide to cries of "what a waste of money from the City faithful". Ruddy then made a couple of vital stops from Mata and Sturridge as Chelsea turned the screw. The City back lined stuck to the task manfully and we were still in with a chance.Holt latched on to a loose ball on the edge of the box and there was an obvious handball as he flicked the ball over his head. 27K people saw it plainly but the three men who mattered seemed to be totally blind to the event. With 10 minutes left City were visibly flagging and Crofts and Jackson came on for Morison and Fox. As every Chelsea attack was repelled the crowd got louder and louder and as added time ticked away you would have thought it was a win instead of only a draw. A draw and a hard earned point it was but it certainly felt like a win. I saw Terry and Holt embraced at the end, it was that sort of game where both had given everything.No MOM from Ricardo today. They were all superb today but perhaps just a tiny bit of extra praise for Ayala, Whitbred and Pilks.Anybody who still thinks City will go down can have 20-1 with me.

Spot on as always Ricardo. For me. if anyone was going to walk away with a bottle of bad Champagne it would have been Ayala. £50M for Torres.Then again I haven''t seen the man change a tyre,  so let''s not get carried away with job roles shall we.

[quote user="Chrisr"]Spot on as always Ricardo. For me. if anyone was going to walk away with a bottle of bad Champagne it would have been Ayala. £50M for Torres.Then again I haven''t seen the man change a tyre,  so let''s not get carried away with job roles shall we. [/quote]I heard that he receives the tyre, has a good first touch, then kicks it way over the car and into the top row of the multi-storey car park.  He then turns around to the mechanic who gave him the tyre and swears a lot in Spanish, or calls the supervisor over and complains for c. 10 minutes.