Sign in to follow this  
BIC

Any gamblers?

Anyone know where I can get odds on Norwich actually staying up?
I see that Willhill has us a 50-1 on to go down. I know that it''s looking bad, but 50-1 on???

I disagree, more like 10-1 on I''d say.
If I can get 50-1 on staying up then I''ll jump at it.

Oh, and before anyone else tells me about their opinion of what the actual odds are on us going down, I''m really not interested.
I simply want to know if anyone has any idea where the odds on staying up can be found.

Hi Barclay in Chile. The only place i''ve seen on the web is www.betfair.com

They offer two markets that may interest you.

The first is a simple "who will be relegated market". It is a betting exchange, and you can currently lay us to go down (ie, backing us to stay up), at decimal odds of 1.12. This pays around 8-1 in normal terms.

The second is a "rock-bottom" market, ie, who will finish last. You can back us to finish bottom with odds of 1.68 (around 7/10 odds on we will finish bottom!), you can get odds that will wont finish bottom at 1.85 (by laying us to finish bottom), roughly this pays at 6/5.

All very confusing, pm me if you need any more info

There is something else you could look at Barclay. I don''t know how much you know about gambling but there is another way of betting apart from odds betting - spread betting.

Its a bit more complex than traditional betting and more volatile too (you can lose more than just your stake - and win a lot more too).

The major firms that do it all have websites: IGSport, Spreadex and Cantors are some of them. I''m sure they''ll all be running markets on Premiership relegation so you could have a look there.

Thanks very much for that Robbo and Mr. Rosario.
The betting exchange might work, but a spread could be disastrous.
As I suspected the bookees have gone well over the top on the odds for us to go down, but the odds on staying up are about right. 8/10-1.
I''ll probably be wasting my money anyway. If we do manage to stay up, I think I''d be quite happy enough already without having to win a few quid as well...

After having just read the Pink Un article about the Ipsh-t fan who might win 2,000 quid, I thought I''d resurrect this. The bookees were there for the taking obviously, just wondering how many of you actually got money on us to stay up and when. I couldn''t get odds on that over the internet, so I''ve missed out, but I stick by what I said before - I''ll be happy enough already.

[quote]Anyone know where I can get odds on Norwich actually staying up? I see that Willhill has us a 50-1 on to go down. I know that it''s looking bad, but 50-1 on???[/quote]

Paddy Power website has the following bets

Odds to get relegated -

WBA are 8/1 on

Saints 5/1 on

Palarse 4/1 on

City 6/4 on

Odds to stay up -

City 11/10 against

Palarse 5/2 against

Saints 3/1 against

WBA 9/2 gainst

To finish bottom -

WBA evens

Palarse 11/4

Saints 3/1

City 7/1

Which ever way you look at it, with the bookies we are strong favourites to stay up.

Possession is nine tenths of the law and we posses 17th position and our own destiny

Got it! They probably won''t allow this, but if you put an accumulator on all of the other three teams getting relegated, wouldn''t that effectively a bet on Norwich staying up??